Alpha Mike Foxtrot

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this humble request. I have the vinyl box which comes with a DL of all the CD tracks, but it would be great to know where and when all these SWEET live versions were recorded, which presumably is info included in the digi-booklet.

SA

I could use a little help here as well.

• 2 weeks later...

For Skian--

You're right: there are no new songs, but there are at least two tracks that are previously unavailable versions of songs (Unlikely Japan is almost two minutes longer than the only other available version and At My Window Sad and Lonely Jeff Tweedy Solo Version is a completely different recording than what it is listed as being and something that hasn't been available until this set). Also, earlier in the thread a couple of us were wondering if the Cars Can't Escape on AMF is not what was listed in the liner notes or released as a Wilcoworld download--it sounds like a completely different, more finished and more in line with the rest of YHF version than what anyone's heard before (the weird electronic noises especially). Not necessarily worth buying the box just for these tracks, but definitely a nice little surprise if you were going to buy it anyway!

Santa brought me AMF as well. I patiently waited to listen to a majority of the collection on vinyl, and I am so glad I did. Just now spinning side one, and so happy. 

Nice to kick back with some cocoa and listen to these tunes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know of any online stores in the US who still have the vinyl box in stock? I know I'm way late to the party here.

AmazonUK has some in stock -- I am sure it more than typical US prices, due to exchange, but cheaper than aftermarket US prices - could be wrong though.  I have bought CDs from AmazonUK and never had any issues.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OGU6PK4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00OGU6PK4&linkCode=as2&tag=shtv.uk-21&linkId=N3SFDYDSQM742V6R

AmazonUK has some in stock -- I am sure it more than typical US prices, due to exchange, but cheaper than aftermarket US prices - could be wrong though.  I have bought CDs from AmazonUK and never had any issues.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OGU6PK4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00OGU6PK4&linkCode=as2&tag=shtv.uk-21&linkId=N3SFDYDSQM742V6R

Nice thanks just ordered it. Was only $89 USD including shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I recently decided to buy this boxset. I got it for 31 bucks by way of Amazon.  I have not yet listened to it yet - but I read through all the essays and liner notes earlier today. There is some good stuff there to read. I have to say it was nice of John to speak kindly of the online community. I also picked up the Mermaid Avenue boxset. I suppose now all I need is the Wilco book I never got around to reading (Sunken Treasure).

I recently decided to buy this boxset. I got it for 31 bucks by way of Amazon.  I have not yet listened to it yet - but I read through all the essays and liner notes earlier today. There is some good stuff there to read. I have to say it was nice of John to speak kindly of the online community. I also picked up the Mermaid Avenue boxset. I suppose now all I need is the Wilco book I never got around to reading (Sunken Treasure).

CD, right? Must be from the price. How many essays/liner notes are there? I may buy it just for those.

CD, right? Must be from the price. How many essays/liner notes are there? I may buy it just for those.

Cds

All sorts of essays - plus Jeff wrote notes for most all of the songs. 

I would think they are the same. I guess with the LP boxset you get a bigger booklet. I say that - as someone's head is cut off in one of the photos in the cd boxset booklet. And I have seen the photo where it was not cropped.