Winterlude at the Riv 12/5, 12/6, 12/8, 12/9, 12/11 and 12/12

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I didn't need to buy Milwaukee tickets and use PTO. 7 Wilco shows in 10 days tho...

Yeah, I also have a ticket for that Milwaukee show.  We'll see how things shake out.  I missed the announcement this morning but do we think these are "regular" Wilco shows or might they do something special like that residency several years ago where they played every song from every album sequentially over several nights?  Trying to figure out if I should see as many of these as possible or pick a couple and aim for those.

Psyched!  Not for nothing, I am booked on 12/6 because Nick Lowe is playing at Old Town School.  Just saying!  He will be in town...

I NEED a Nick Lowe appearance.

Merry Wilco-mas to us all!!

Doesn't sound like anything other than a normal gig has been announced. From Jam USA's page:

Wilco has just announced Winterlude 2014, a six-night stand at Chicago’s Riviera Theatre on December 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 12. Over the course of the residency, the band’s set lists will change each night and feature songs from every era of Wilco’s two-decade career.

General Admission tickets ($55.00) can be purchased online at ETIX.com. There is a 4-ticket limit per purchase. Tickets can also be purchased at The Vic Theatre box office. 18 & over. Show times are 8:00pm each night.

All six concerts are part of WXRT Radio’s annual Holiday Concerts For The Kids program. Concert-goers are urged to bring a new or like-new toy or book for the children in Chicagoland hospitals during the holiday season. These items will be collected inside the lobby each night.

Oh wow, I'm sad to say this, but i won't be able to go to all the shows, and maybe not any, this time around. I'm already committed financially to go to Washington D.C. during New Year's to go to the Winter Classic game featuring the Blackhawks! The timing isn't right to purchase any tickets right now, but maybe if someone has any extras available the week of the show, I might be able to go to one or two of them. I was lucky enough to see 4 of the 5 shows from the last Riv. Residency and all five of the Incredible Shrinking Tour residency, but i know I can't do it right now. It's the end of an era for me... :ohwell

I was just having a conversation with a friend the other day who was remarking that she came to her first Tweedy solo show at the Vic alone and went back home telling her friends that she felt she had finally found her tribe. Sometimes there's a real benefit in going to shows alone, unless you're very reserved. You make new friends who can relate to this niche interest you have.

^ I would be!  I'm hoping to grab a pair to two different shows on Friday, but I won't know which I can attend until probably the first or second week in November (depends on my GF's work schedule). I was thinking I'd try for a pair for both Friday shows because I could certainly trade the pair to the last show if I couldn't attend

This residency pleases me. Plan is for plenty bananas for Christmas stocking of Gornok Jr.

Today was first semi final in annual excrement flinging competition. Henry Rollins beat Simon Cowell, but it was closer than you might think. In ladies event Pat Benatar wipe floor with Dionne Warwick. Winners get to groom my back at weekend (alternating 1 hour shifts).

I was just having a conversation with a friend the other day who was remarking that she came to her first Tweedy solo show at the Vic alone and went back home telling her friends that she felt she had finally found her tribe. Sometimes there's a real benefit in going to shows alone, unless you're very reserved. You make new friends who can relate to this niche interest you have.

amen, sister.