Winterlude at the Riv 12/5, 12/6, 12/8, 12/9, 12/11 and 12/12

I got nothing and my wife and I separately were on the site for 2 hours. I wanted either 12/12 (my birthday) or 12/11 for 2 tix. I see how so many of the rest of you got some tix and we could get nothing. On top of that, she had tix for 12/11 in her cart and it kicked them out and etix on the phone said they had no computer issues. What liars! Wilco let me down today....

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goonbaggins - That's too bad. I had browser windows open for all days and thought I could buy and they would go to cart. I got an error saying I could only buy for on show on an order so that's likely why that happened to you. It's easy to get excited and not double check. I would post on tickets board. maybe someone will take your extra Monday tickets rather than buy online.

It's going to be hard to get Saturday, I have extras, but several people in line to get them. I generally get extras for just this reason, there's always someone that needs them. It took me 45 minutes or so to get the extras for fri and sat. I wish I had more to help you out. Worst case, there are some on ebay for double face value. There is always a chance they will release more as the show gets closer so keep an eye out for that. Sorry for the tough luck!

Steve

I got nothing and my wife and I separately were on the site for 2 hours. I wanted either 12/12 (my birthday) or 12/11 for 2 tix. I see how so many of the rest of you got some tix and we could get nothing. On top of that, she had tix for 12/11 in her cart and it kicked them out and etix on the phone said they had no computer issues. What liars! Wilco let me down today....

Hate to hear that, maybe someone will come through for you, post on ticket board. There are usually folks that can't make it. I've had the same issue in the past with having tickets and getting kicked out. It's hard to know if it's on their end or if it could be the browser, connection etc. Don't give up, something may come along but get your request in the need tickets board. You could always pay a premium and go to Stubhub or something, I know that sucks so hopefully someone here will come through. Good luck!

Steve

Hate to hear that, maybe someone will come through for you, post on ticket board. There are usually folks that can't make it. I've had the same issue in the past with having tickets and getting kicked out. It's hard to know if it's on their end or if it could be the browser, connection etc. Don't give up, something may come along but get your request in the need tickets board. You could always pay a premium and go to Stubhub or something, I know that sucks so hopefully someone here will come through. Good luck!

Steve

Thanks. It has been a tough week so this did not help. I posted on the ticket board but it is problematic since I am traveling from Philly for it. I will try to be optimistic.

Getting to one of these hallowed, & rightly legendary "Chicago Residency" stands is a future dream, but one that requires a lot of factors to all come into synch, & this was just not one of them.
I gotta say that having them play 3 nights in a row in the NYC/Tri-State area (last time with 2 Prospect Park & 1 Terminal 5), such as the trio of Port Chester shows that I'm going to, makes for a pretty nice consolation prize.

Getting to one of these hallowed, & rightly legendary "Chicago Residency" stands is a future dream, but one that requires a lot of factors to all come into synch, & this was just not one of them.

I gotta say that having them play 3 nights in a row in the NYC/Tri-State area (last time with 2 Prospect Park & 1 Terminal 5), such as the trio of Port Chester shows that I'm going to, makes for a pretty nice consolation prize.

I'm right there with you, I didn't have any more days off from work so I couldn't do it this time, I am however hitting all three Port Chester shows, so that should be fun.

I was blown away when wilco play two nights in a row in my hometown. It was when they were putting the finishing touches on Wilco (the album). photo shoot for album cover and baseball game appearance, two shows at an amazing local venue. they've never performed two consecutive days in my town. so it was heaven for me. however, chicago is only 90 miles away but tickets are difficult to get. cheers to all. 

I am guessing you have never been to Chicago. See the thread on things to do in Chicago for some suggestions on the north side.  You might try Airbnb for a room nearby.  There are no hotels you would care to stay in in the adjacent neighborhood. 

But please read the thread for basic info on Chicago since you are a newbie.

LouieB

Speaking of Airbnb, I found a place in Andersonville that should work for me and the price is right. However, another place I had considered seems to have a very nice, friendly host, and he seems to be a musician/festival goer type himself. He has some dorm type (shared room) accommodations available and he said he'd be willing to offer even lower pricing to people coming to Winterlude. If you're looking to do this on the cheap (like me) you might want to look him up. His name is Joe and the listing on Airbnb says something like Freebies! Food, clean and fun. I don't know this guy personally but he seems laid back and friendly.

I am looking to start planing this trip and I could use some advice from locals or folks who have made this trip before.

Would this be the best place to ask questions or is there somewhere else I should post?

EDIT: Just found the thread over in "Tongue-Tied Lightning"

Are there usually any get togethers other that pre-show drinks? I'll be coming solo and don't have much on my to-do list at the moment.

Plane tickets check! Airbnb check!  Recommendations on travel from O'hare to Northside (Buena Vista)?  Plan on using mass transit as much as possible.  Looks like bus to Irving Blue Line.  Anyone else with a different take?

My hope/prediction for these shows now is that, with 30 songs a night, over 6 nights, that we might actually get every song they've ever recorded on all their officially released albums, & then some with rarities, covers etc. . While they will end up with 3 nights of 30 songs a night, with no repeats, for the Port Chester run, I'm not as sure that they will choose to sustain the no repeat thing for the full six nights here- though I think technically between their full official recorded catalog, all the non-album tracks, & covers they know that they could certainly pull this off. It would really be something if they went 6 nights & 180 songs!!

The thing is that I think we'll see all of Chicago as Roadcase releases. They did the 3 NYC shows a few years back, then was it 4 Jeff solo shows in L.A.? So I can' t imagine them missing this chance. I just wish they'd release both all the Winterlude shows & this trio of Port Chester shows, because, so far, both nights at Port Chester have been everything everyone who's writing here is cracking them up to be & more... truly at the top of their game...nice it's happening at their 20th anniversary too!! And here's to hoping that this multiple nigth stand no repeat thing becomes a standard- though with a new album to support in the future they could choose to repeat some of those night to night... on the other hand they usually have the full album in their command live, so they could also easily just do half an album, or so, a night, etc. ... the possibilities are thrilling though that's for sure...

Guess they have a bit more songs - but yeah, definitely will be some overlaps.

Are you making to all the shows, Lou? Rather amazing how time fly's and changes, after seeing (or trying to see) them play every time they play in the area throughout the years, we only plan to make 2 of the 6 this year.

It's not like we wouldn't like to see all six, though --- it's just that there is a bit more on our plate these days( and we are more lazy ---- haven't wrote it lately, but 'god-damn kids' (kidding of course, for the most part).

Definitely looking forward to the shows, esp after reading all the reviews lately.

I am looking forward to it to. I have tix to 3 of six (any other extras someone wants to throw my way I will be glad to get if I can make them. I am good for it.)  I am doing the first and last Friday's and Monday. I am particularly looking forward to Monday because I figure that will be mellow and maybe different in tone. 

Because there are six shows people I want to see or hang out with are going to shows I am not.  I think seeing all 6 will get a bit redundant, since while there are plenty of songs to choose from, even the five show residency proved to be redundant. 

LouieB

I am looking forward to it to. I have tix to 3 of six (any other extras someone wants to throw my way I will be glad to get if I can make them. I am good for it.)  I am doing the first and last Friday's and Monday. I am particularly looking forward to Monday because I figure that will be mellow and maybe different in tone. 

Because there are six shows people I want to see or hang out with are going to shows I am not.  I think seeing all 6 will get a bit redundant, since while there are plenty of songs to choose from, even the five show residency proved to be redundant. 

LouieB

Louie, we will finally get to meet in person!

I'm sure there will 20th Anniversary Show Roadcase Releases... my bet, & hope, is for the full 6 nights of Winterlude...but...I'd love the 3 Port Chester shows (since those are the ones I went to)... wonder how many different songs will be getting done for these shows? Nice to see them reaching for some deep oddities (thank you "Alpha Mike Foxtrot" Box Set!) & doing back to back shows with no repeats at all...Port Chester was one repeat, & 89 different songs over the course of the three nights!!!
Also wondering if we'll get any more Tweedy Roadcase releases before the tour ends...he still hasn't done live versions of "I'll Sing It" or "I'll Never Know" yet...not to mention "Everybody Hides" & "Do The Minimum"...you never know...love to see any, or all of those find their way onto the set lists & into Roadcase releases..

Does anyone remember from previous Chicago residencies if tickets were available for face value (from stubhub or people with extras) closer to the date of the shows? I'm considering booking a flight from NY soon without purchasing any of the Riv tickets ahead of time. But I wouldn't be able to go if tickets will be impossible to find without a premium price.

Those 3 amazing nights in Port Chester just convinced me that I need to see them again. I saw several people with extras outside of the Capitol Theater on each night, but considering Chicago is their home turf, I don't know how easy it will be to acquire tickets. If anyone has any extras, please let me know :)

I just found out that Nick Lowe will be playing at the Old Town School of Folk Music on Sunday, Dec. 7, one of the "off" nights during the Winterlude residency week. I just got a ticket at Table F, seat 1--looks to be right up front. The seat beside me was also open about 30 minutes ago, and there are still some other scattered seats available, but apparently they're selling quickly. Tickets are just $40 + $5 fee and they'll be held at will call.

For anyone who doesn't know Nick Lowe, he's a lengendarily great singer and songwriter, He also opened for Wilco on a long run of shows a couple of years back. I'm looking forward to seeing him as the headliner.