Winterlude at the Riv 12/5, 12/6, 12/8, 12/9, 12/11 and 12/12

I bought Night 2 for daughter who lives in CHicago and used my zip code and had to pick up at will call. Called ticket company and they changed name so she can pick em up.

I think anyone not in area had to do will call so you can't scalp ticket from afar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed out on those initial Wilco tickets for sale, but I'll be in Chicago and got a ticket to the Nick Lowe show on Wilco's off day.  Maybe on those other days I'll stop by the Riviera and see if someone is selling a spare.  Anywho, Second City and Improv Olympic are always an option.  And anyone want to get drinks?!

I missed out on those initial Wilco tickets for sale, but I'll be in Chicago and got a ticket to the Nick Lowe show on Wilco's off day.  Maybe on those other days I'll stop by the Riviera and see if someone is selling a spare.  Anywho, Second City and Improv Olympic are always an option.  And anyone want to get drinks?!

Keep checking on here for extra tickets that may pop up. It looks like the first weekend's tickets are the hardest to find, so you might have more luck with the Monday, Tuesday or Thursday shows, depending on how long you're going to be in Chicago. Also, all of the nights are available on Stubhub, with prices that aren't astronomical, especially on the weeknights. I hate Stubhub as much as the next person, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Glad you're making it to Nick Lowe. If all else fails, we can meet up before that show for sure. As for drinks, just remember that I'm a lightweight compared to you, party boy! 

Opening acts are starting to get announced for these + the Milwaukee show. I wonder how long the Wilco sets will be given the opening act

Milwaukee - Disappears

12/ 5: Sam Amidon

Sam Amidon is a really interesting performer. I saw his set at Solid Sound. He's married to Beth Orton.

Sam Amidon is a really interesting performer. I saw his set at Solid Sound. He's married to Beth Orton.

Sam Amidon is playing the Hideout on the 7th. Nick Lowe is free to open for Wilco on the 8th after his gigs in Chicago on the 6th & 7th. That would be a good choice IMO. 

Openers are up for all of the shows.  Was really hoping that it would just be Wilco since this either means that their set will be shorter or I will be out much later than I want to be on a work night!

12/3 - Disappears

12/5 - Split Single

12/6 - Sam Amidon

12/8 - Jim Becker Group

12/9 - Nicholas Tremulis and Rick Rizzo of Candy Golde

12/11 - Marrow

12/12 - Jim Campilongo Trio with Chris Morrissey, Josh Dion

Whoo--all 6 nights secured, thanks to my especially wonderful Chicago friend who went to the box office. Thank you. Joe and Wilco gods!!

Hey Diane!  The extended Winterlude weather forecast is looking pretty decent!!  ( local standards... ).

See you in Line soon!

I bought Night 2 for daughter who lives in CHicago and used my zip code and had to pick up at will call. Called ticket company and they changed name so she can pick em up.

I think anyone not in area had to do will call so you can't scalp ticket from afar.

Hey...what ticket company changed the name for you?? I'm unable to make the shows and I'm having a hard time contacting the venue. Etix said they couldn't change the name. Thanks

Most forecasts are saying upper 30's on Friday and near 40° on Saturday, but the best part: it will be dry (outside of maybe a few snow showers early Friday morning). Low temperatures should be very close to 30°, so the hardcore queuers will not have to bundle up as much as during the Residency. Winds could be a problem on Friday though.

I'm mostly paying attention to the Friday and Saturday shows, as they are the ones I'll attend, but I'll keep tabs and give updates on the weather for next week's shows too. Are there any other meteorologists on the VC boards?

Are there any other meteorologists on the VC boards?

jeff-tweedy_wgn-weather_Chicago.jpg

Yes! Let's get the weatherman with the "supplemental hair" to weigh in on this!

Seriously, I couldn't be more thrilled with this weather forecast. After a couple of years of freezing my ass off in front of the Vic for hours on end, this is going to be a virtual stroll on the beach. :-)

Streaming live either Sunday (headline) or Saturday (body or article)

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/123454/Couch-Tour-Alert-Wilco-Live-From-Chicago-This-Sunday

Looks like it's Saturday... (& thanks for the heads up!!) - http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2014/12/01/xrt-concert-exclusive-hear-wilco-live-from-the-riviera-this-saturday/

Ok, strategies and suggestions for the Riv?  I've heard so far, to get there early if you wanna get up front or head to the balcony if you're short.  Are there any other locations besides being on the rail up front or balcony for good sight lines and sound quality? 

Thanks!

In my opinion, the balcony is the best place to be unless you are right down front. Then again, I don't like to stand after staying in line. During the Winter Residency shows I sat in the balcony. Even if several rows back, sit off to the left or right and you can get an aisle seat for comfort and a better view. There is a sweet spot in the aisle seats on either side of the balcony where you will be able to see without anyone blocking your view. Acoustics are very good too. I'm sure there are other places like near the sound board for acoustics. From my experience, either right up front on the floor or near front of balcony. It's fairly easy to get a good balcony seat without getting in line extremely early as the rush is mostly for the floor.