Wilco — 10/22/14, Nashville, TN (Ryman Auditorium; Night Two)

OK, here was the complete setlist as played for Night Two:

In A Future Age

On and On and On

Hell Is Chrome

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

You Are My Face

Passenger Side

Someday Soon (started and restarted)

(Was I) In Your Dreams

Poor Places>

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (acoustic arrangement)

More Like The Moon

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

It's Just That Simple

You and I

War On War

Handshake Drugs

Far, Far Away

Laminated Cat (aka Not For The Season)

Side With The Seeds

Airline To Heaven

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

-----------------------------------

Kingpin ("livin' in...Ryman Auditorium")

Monday

Candyfloss

I'm A Wheel

-----------------------------------

New Madrid*

California Stars*

Give Back The Key To My Heart* [Doug Sahm]

*— "hootenanny" version performed partially with PA system; Jeff and John on acoustic guitar, Nels on dobro, Mikael on melodica, Pat on banjo and Glenn on "floor percussion."

This was a special show.  The 1st night was awesome don't get me wrong, but tonight was just so good.  I loved it.  First time Ryman goer as well.  That place is just fantastic.  This will be a great tour.  20 Years 20 More! 

I met Jeff as well!  Stood by the bus right before soundcheck like a fan boy.  Snapped a pic with him.  It was cool and he was smiling!  Used my iPad too (JK)

Awesome! I can't wait for Milwaukee (and Chicago). When was the last time they did More Like the Moon as a full band? I know I could probably look it up, but maybe someone will do it for me.

I saw them do it on the evening with tour in 2010, pretty sure it hasn't appeared since then

Awesome! I can't wait for Milwaukee (and Chicago). When was the last time they did More Like the Moon as a full band? I know I could probably look it up, but maybe someone will do it for me.

Looks like it's only been done live by the full band five times previous to tonight, twice on the "Evening With" tour in 2010 (in Montclair, NJ and Pittsburgh) and then three times in 2003 when the MLTM EP had just come out. So just twice before with the current lineup...

I guess I'm such an old-timer around these parts nowadays that I was actually at the song's live debut (according to Wilcobase/Wilcoworld) on April 28, 2003 at Yale University. I've always had a soft spot for it for a few reasons, though, so it was wonderful to get to hear the full band dust it off again tonight.

And Jeff used the Kel Kroydon guitar on it, which I think somebody asked about in the thread for Night One. He's not playing it quite as often as at Tweedy band performances, but it's definitely part of the acoustic rotation.

On the topic of guitars, I did notice that Jeff doesn't seem to be playing some of his usual SGs on this run. He seems to be using a red semi-hollow body (possibly a Gibson 335?) on some of the songs he would normally use an SG. Also, to the likely dismay of at least one VCer I know, no sign of the rainbow SG yet...

WOW...What a night. As Jeff said this evening "If you're not very familiar with Wilco this is not the night for you". It was the "Deep Cuts Night". Some crazy and amazing stuff. I was second row at The Ryman, pretty sweet. Everything came together. 

Now I'm REALLY waiting for New York...I freak out just by thinking what they gonna do there for 3 shows. Will probably see a lot more different songs at night 2 & 3 I'm going to. 

And oh yeah, that iPad thing Jeff did in the middle of Kingpin...Man. Funny. She deserved it...And also that guy that shouted "Fuck you" from upstairs and jeff said "Well, fuck you. Saying it from the balcony...come down here. Asshole. A lot of cheering and laughing from the audience. Anyway, I think it might have been a legendary evening. Setlist wise, wow. But really everything. Performances and also the venue.

Got the setlist as well: 

10686706_1507211939518913_65044762200767

Nice setlist..interesting to note nothing off the last Wilco album

Nothing off the last two Wilco albums...but night #1 had 5 songs from "The Whole Love" & 2 songs from "Wilco (The Album)".

And more importantly... NO REPEATED SONGS!!!! So far 60 songs with no repeats...

Hoping for 90 songs with no repeats at the three Port Chester/Capitol Theater shows!!!!

Found on You Tube - New Madrid from last night!  (the 'new mattress' sing-along is a bit cringy but it's still so good to get a chance to relive it, even a little bit!)

What a show!  

appreciate the link, but just a friendly FYI:  the site does not allow the posting of Wilco concert videos.

Wilco has a long-standing policy against the videotaping of their shows, and out of respect for this policy, the posting of such videos on Via Chicago is not allowed.

This also applies to solo Jeff Tweedy shows.

Looks like it's only been done live by the full band five times previous to tonight, twice on the "Evening With" tour in 2010 (in Montclair, NJ and Pittsburgh) and then three times in 2003 when the MLTM EP had just come out. So just twice before with the current lineup...

And Jeff used the Kel Kroydon guitar on it, which I think somebody asked about in the thread for Night One. He's not playing it quite as often as at Tweedy band performances, but it's definitely part of the acoustic rotation.

On the topic of guitars, I did notice that Jeff doesn't seem to be playing some of his usual SGs on this run. He seems to be using a red semi-hollow body (possibly an Epiphone EA-250?) on some of the songs he would normally use an SG. Also, to the likely dismay of at least one VCer I know, no sign of the rainbow SG yet...

I was at the Montclair shows and they were the 2 of the best nights of music I have ever witnessed. Thanks for answering the Kel Kroydon question. What did Jeff use for "At Least That's What You Said"? No SG on that? Hope everyone enjoys these wonderful nights! See Y'all in Port Chester!

I was at the Montclair shows and they were the 2 of the best nights of music I have ever witnessed. Thanks for answering the Kel Kroydon question. What did Jeff use for "At Least That's What You Said"? No SG on that? Hope everyone enjoys these wonderful nights! See Y'all in Port Chester!

Ha! I just realized there wasn't a "At Least That's What You Said" I got ahead of myself! Too excited I guess.

You know I was in the balcony near the guy that Jeff was yelling at for saying "fuck you", and the guy actually didn't say fuck you, he said something that could be misinterpreted as fuck you from a distance but I'm not sure what it was. Kinda felt bad for the guy but then again it's not bad to have the story that Jeff said fuck you and called you an asshole

The girl with the iPad aside, the other thing I couldn't believe is the one girl with the cell phone during Kingpin. Jeff asked her to put it away and she fought him for a good two minutes. He had to explain that he was trying to summon some rocking that cannot be summoned with her holding a phone in his face. The whole crowd boo'ed her and eventually she put it away, followed by Jeff asking, "entitled much?" 

I could not have asked for a better two shows. Went to both at the Ryman last year and there were probably, oh, 6 or so repeat songs. This time, absolutely none. After the first night we were talking about what we wanted to hear in night two including Poor Places, Seeds, Hell is Chrome (!!!! one of my favorites, didn't get to hear it last year), Kingpin. Spiders, We got them all. Amazing. 

I definitely liked the closer in night one better. The Misunderstood singalong almost brought tears to my eyes it was so touching and emotional to hear Jeff play one of his songs at the Ryman completely unplugged, letting us experience his music the way they used to at the grand ole opry. Night two was awesome at the end as well, but Misunderstood just does it for me.