The Halloween Thread

Yep, I know, not the catchiest of thread titles, but it gets the job done. So this year, we have Halloween on the best of days, a Friday, which ought to make for lots of late trick-or-treating, pranks, and parties. The weather has been mild so far, at least in my region (Southern CA)...even a bit hot! But the weather usually turns colder right around Halloween, making all those skimpy, thin costumes seem even thinner.

What have you got brewing for the night? Any great,  inventive costumes? I remember fondly the year my middle son went as a movie theatre floor...popcorn everywhere, including in his hair (attached with rubber cement), and flattened drink cups and movie-sized candy boxes, all layered over an all-black set of sweats. He looked great, and people loved it. 

I'd love to see your Halloween costumes, or home decorations, or hear your plans, so let's have them!  :banana  :badger  :bee  :frog  :innocent  :devil  :ninja  :chicken  :monkey  :moo  :spider3 (A sampling of Halloween costumes there)

We have designs on these two pumpkins:

qzgXyFCl.jpg

Pumpkin A, the 16-inch tall monster, will be feasting on startled Pumpkin B, a mere defenseless 4 inches tall. We'll see how well this works out. Photos to follow unless I really mangle it and it's too embarrassing to show you. :thumbup

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BWpazJLCcAAhdcu.jpg

Lady Smoker,

I happy to speak and give you a participation. You can have no doubt of prediction of subject Ha ha! I attempt in your style as first experiment. It is not bad sample for sample number one.

Usual custom here is to use hollowed walrus carcass for spooky lit exhibit, and make a twist of entrail into name of loved one. It takes a knowledge of the hunter as if too little blubber is extracted there can be fierce flame! There is this danger, but on the other foot, toasty entrail result can make the yummy treat and has alternate change from raw dish of same kind, though on peronal note I prefer squidgy experience. That is often the Swedish way.

In spirit of this week here Mr Nels make a boo like the Lady Freda as a little shock! Happy spooking with ghoulies to all!

2470_Wilco588981.jpgABBA_IN_JAPAN-59.jpg

Welfare!

P.S. Ensure carcass is still fresh - it is much fierce harder to make a delicate saw when Mr Jumping Frost has time to act!

Lammycat, if you want your "I'm a teacher from Colorado" fake persona bit to seem more credible, drop some hints now and then that over the past several years you've picked up an understanding of at least a few American idioms, grammatical rules and/or sentence structure customs.

If I was going to be a fake persona on an internet chat site, I'd likely opt for a conspiracy-minded rambler who sporadically tosses out obscure and addle-minded topics and thoughts that seemingly have neither rhyme nor reason.

Back on topic...the other nite I allowed my kids to carve the pumpkins all by themselves. In other words, I did no carving at all. Turns out the kids are pretty good with knife work.

I'm great with a knife. 

The squirrels had mangled up 5 of the six pumpkins we carved two Sundays ago within a day. The only survivor was the 7 yr old's, who took it back to his mom's and kept it inside. 

Stupid organic pumpkins. 

Stupid squirrels did the same thing to ours within 24 hrs. Also, they allowed my prairie daisy plant to grow and bloom into a wonderous plant then bit all the flowers off (and didn't eat any of them) then bit the main stalk in half. I'm a patient man but c'mon how much of this am I supposed to take until I lock and load?

Squirrels took down our sunflowers that we had planted last spring. They waited for them to baaaaaarely start blooming over the summer and then broke the stalks by climbing up to get the meat. This is a presumption, of course, because it all happened when no one was home. 

Squirrels took down our sunflowers that we had planted last spring. They waited for them to baaaaaarely start blooming over the summer and then broke the stalks by climbing up to get the meat. This is a presumption, of course, because it all happened when no one was home.

Stupid squirrels did the same thing to ours within 24 hrs. Also, they allowed my prairie daisy plant to grow and bloom into a wonderous plant then bit all the flowers off (and didn't eat any of them) then bit the main stalk in half. I'm a patient man but c'mon how much of this am I supposed to take until I lock and load?

The culprit in both of these stories is rats, not squirrels.