The Halloween Thread

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read a book a few years back on rats in NYC. Some dude kept an eye on a particular section/alley in the city and studied rats for a year. really cool book, actually. Rats: Observations on the History and Habitat of the City's Most Unwanted Inhabitants. Those suckers can squeeze under doors.

My AP English teacher fed the squirrels on the ledge outside our classroom window until the day one of the squirrels decided to come into class to see what was up with Chaucer or The Tempest or whatever, and peed on the windowsill/bookcase. She stopped feeding the squirrels after that.

My AP English teacher fed the squirrels on the ledge outside our classroom window until the day one of the squirrels decided to come into class to see what was up with Chaucer or The Tempest or whatever, and peed on the windowsill/bookcase. She stopped feeding the squirrels after that.

Bet that squirrel's name was Antonio (if it was The Tempest that made him piss the sill). For sure, that squirrel had no remorse for his deeds, too.

Poon, did that tapeworm come out of your nose after the neti pot application?

Also, we have no rats in my yard. Unless you want to call squirrels "tree rats" then yeah, I suppose we do. We have chipmonks too but not too many after I gassed the lot of them this past spring. Its either the squirrels or the chipmonks snipping off the flowering heads of my tulips. I try to find a peaceful place within myself when these things happens because otherwise I'd go all Carl the Groundskeeper on them.

We've seen a mouse (mice, perhaps, even) the last few days in the house now that it's getting colder out. I opted for the poison over the traps or the stick-um. Wife wanted some have-a -heart deal. So, we Amazon-ed the have-a-heart trap. So when we catch it/them I guess I have to walk it up to the park or some shit to release him/her/them? 

Poon, did that tapeworm come out of your nose after the neti pot application?

Also, we have no rats in my yard. Unless you want to call squirrels "tree rats" then yeah, I suppose we do. We have chipmonks too but not too many after I gassed the lot of them this past spring. Its either the squirrels or the chipmonks snipping off the flowering heads of my tulips. I try to find a peaceful place within myself when these things happens because otherwise I'd go all Carl the Groundskeeper on them.

You don't see the rats until they want you to, man.

I'd be willing to bet that there are rats in your yard.

Lammy, a week ago I found a mouse in my garage who had obviously eaten some of the poison I put out in the garage to kill all the mice. This mouse was still alive and it was suffering. I felt so bad for it; no more poison for me. But the damn things eat the peanut butter RIGHT OUT OF THE MOUSE TRAPS! What am I gonna do?

And no, there are no rats in my yard. I've been here going on 10 years. I would've seen one by now, guaranteed.

I do get a skinhead in the mantrap once in a while though.

My students have to dress as a "literary character" if they wish to take part in the Halloween Parade at school tomorrow. Teacher's need to follow this new rule, too. Any ideas are welcome. So far, all I've got is dressing up as Charles Manson from the book Helter Skelter.

Over the last week or so, I've enjoyed sharing some Halloween-ish movies with my 6-year-old boy:  The Invisible Man (1933); Young Frankenstein; and Joe Dante's Matinee.  In a few more years he's getting Tremors!

Donna, I love the "theater floor" costume idea.  Didn't you also, one year, have your daughter dress up as a sick child with no health insurance?  That was great!