The Halloween Thread

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things are a-changin around our house.  In the past, we went to a friend's house down the street and all of the neighborhood kids would go out, dads would follow behind with beers-in-hand.  They would go to maybe 15 houses then we would all just hang out and drink when the kids finished.  Now the kids want to go to a development where the houses are closer together and they can hit up for more loot.  It's a mob scene with tons of kids.  I have a few friends in that neighborhood.  Would it be weird if I bought them bags of candy to make up for the freeloaders I'm trucking in?

The development near me literally has lines of kids waiting for candy at each house. It's ridiculous. Last year and this year we are taking the kids to a mellower neighborhood and do the beer thing.I wouldn't feel guilty. If they didn't want to do it, they'd have the lights turned off and door locked. 

I'm in Orange County to take care of my daughter after surgery and I'm in that uncomfortable position of needing to buy candy, but not knowing how many kids to expect, as she's only lived in this apartment complex for a few months. When I lived in OC I would only have 5 or 6 trick-or-treaters.

In San Antonio I typically have a hundred or more kids. It's a big social affair that is always accompanied by several wheeled coolers full of beer and wine.

Donna, I love the "theater floor" costume idea.  Didn't you also, one year, have your daughter dress up as a sick child with no health insurance?  That was great!

Yeah, that one was fun...arm in a cast, weird rash (green) all over the face, etc. etc. We'd tell people stuff like, "Yeah, we had to set that arm ourselves. Hope the elbow still bends." or, regarding the rash, "Just needs a little $5 tube of ointment to clear it up...but without insurance, that tube costs $300, so we're just getting by without it...."

It was an election year. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uWygcyHrM

Fun little horror movie that starts as a tribute to '80s killer-in-the-woods slashers, but then pivots into something totally different, and far more melancholic.

I loved this! The story comes together so much differently than you expect!

That is so creepy, Donna.

I know, right?!

Here's how those pumpkins from my first post turned out.

XFbbeWOl.jpg

Here's the big guy, about 16" tall, ready to rampage.

nwMaLpWl.jpg

But first, a snack!

1bgfIJkl.jpg

The little guy reminds me of Mr. Bill...."Oh nooooo!"

MS0TDTJl.jpg

My daughter took this creepily-angled shot.

Ok, bring on the candy-grubbers!  :party

Went to see a a band doing "Mixed Tape 1975" on Saturday and dressed as a cowboy (to match my wife's outfit). About half-way through the night I undid my ponytail and for the remainder of the night had 6-7 people comment on how they liked my "Willie" costume.

Damn.

We had a couple teenage girls without costumes come to our house.  After we gave both of them candy, they each whipped out a second bag and were expecting more candy.  At that point we shut the door in their faces.

We had a couple teenage girls without costumes come to our house.  After we gave both of them candy, they each whipped out a second bag and were expecting more candy.  At that point we shut the door in their faces.

Did you have any trouble getting the TP out of your trees?