Wilco 10/30/14 Capitol Theatre - Port Chester, NY

Great set again tonight; only one repeat over three 30 song setlists. What a great run. Here's what was played:

Less than you think

Blood of the lamb

In a future age

Bull black nova

I am trying to break your heart>

One wing

Either way

Bob Dylan's 49th beard

At my window sad and lonely

One by one

Hesitating beauty

Summerteeth

Via chicago

Whole love

Say you miss me

Pick up the change

Forget the flowers

Passenger side

I'm always in love

Candyfloss

Red eyed blue>

I got you (at the end of the century)>

Outtasite (outtamind)

Encore:

Outtamind (outtasite)

Impossible Germany

The lonely 1

Encore 2:*

Misunderstood (25 nothing)

New Madrid

Give back the key to my heart (Doug sahm cover)

Ripple (grateful dead cover)

*performed partially without PA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did they close with Ripple. The audience sang the whole song. The band didn't sing one word. I've got a crappy video of it that I can upload if anyone is interested. When it was over, Jeff said "you killed it!" to the crowd. Pretty awesome way to end the run even if I don't like the dead.

Not only did they close with Ripple. The audience sang the whole song. The band didn't sing one word. I've got a crappy video of it that I can upload if anyone is interested. When it was over, Jeff said "you killed it!" to the crowd. Pretty awesome way to end the run even if I don't like the dead.

Would love to see video, it's a magical song and perhaps one of the greatest lyrics ever written.

no comment, on the comment that you don't like the dead ! it was fitting in particular since Phil Lesh starts his run of 5 weekends in a row at the Cap tomorrow. Nels said he would sit in on Saturday for a bit. I thought it was another great show and almost "odd" to have the one song repeated.Jeff commented on the crowd being better and what happened with the quiet start from the crowd to the encores last night. Not that much banter but others can fill in. He saw a girl with a wedding veil upfront and asked who was wearing costumes and just her and then another guy was zorro but had to put his mask on. Extremely well played yet again tonight and thunderous applause for Nels after Impossible Germany had Jeff clapping as well. Outtamind had Josh on the bells and Jeff said the shirt stays on for that unlike the cow bell as it is a more serious instrument. Sorry the run is done.

Amazing show, Jeff was in a great mood. Commented on communication problems he had with audience the other two nights. Crowd really gave the band a lot of love tonight and it was reciprocated. Boy, I hope they release roadcases for all three nights. Mikes were out, so I'm sure they were recorded.

no comment, on the comment that you don't like the dead ! it was fitting in particular since Phil Lesh starts his run of 5 weekends in a row at the Cap tomorrow. Nels said he would sit in on Saturday for a bit. I thought it was another great show and almost "odd" to have the one song repeated.Jeff commented on the crowd being better and what happened with the quiet start from the crowd to the encores last night. Not that much banter but others can fill in. He saw a girl with a wedding veil upfront and asked who was wearing costumes and just her and then another guy was zorro but had to put his mask on. Extremely well played yet again tonight and thunderous applause for Nels after Impossible Germany had Jeff clapping as well. Outtamind had Josh on the bells and Jeff said the shirt stays on for that unlike the cow bell as it is a more serious instrument. Sorry the run is done.

Ha!  Thanks for not commenting on my comment.  It is what it is.  Never got into them.  But hey, I sang along with everyone else!!  Give me a choice between sending everyone home from a 3 night run with Kicking Television or Ripple though, and it ain't close.  I'm serious.  You'll see.

Video to come.

Amazing show, Jeff was in a great mood. Commented on communication problems he had with audience the other two nights. Crowd really gave the band a lot of love tonight and it was reciprocated. Boy, I hope they release roadcases for all three nights. Mikes were out, so I'm sure they were recorded.

Nyctaper was recording

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had on my Kicking the Television tour shirt tonight and right up front but we didnt get that one and amazing that they are still some really good tunes they did not get to. I will post my Ripple including the "you killed it" comment by Jeff on the Utube.

Awesome.  I am watching my video at home now and it is not very good.  The audio is good, though.  if i got a better sample than you, i will post, but otherwise, the community rests in your hands.  I missed the killed it comment on video either way.  Post away, smf.  Long live wilco.

Definitely my favorite night of the 3. The applause after impossible Germany lasted probably around 2 whole minutes, everyone on the floor was going absolutely nuts, might have been the best Impossible Germany I've seen in my 20+ shows.

So many songs I had been waiting to hear, including Leas than you think and Lonely 1. Ripple with just the audience singing was a special way to end the run, so sad it's over, eagerly awaiting Chicago now though!

What a night!! From the three shows I've seen this mini tour (Nashville 2, Port Chester 2+3), this was the best for me. I requested to see Say You Miss Me and it was the highlight of my night. I wrote on the request that exactly a year ago this time I had a really major breakup and this song was very close to me in the last year since...It was really a special moment for me, seeing it live from the first row. Wow. I was so into it.

Also loved Either Way, really wanted to see it. And The Lonely 1....wow, it was so beautiful. Was also happy to see One Wing, Forget The Flowers, Misunderstood unplugged and many more. Loved when they finished the set with Outtasite and started the first encore with Outtamind...It was so cool. 

It was a night to remember, one of the best shows I've seen. In total they played in The Capitol 90 songs and 89 were different. Too bad I missed the first night, but it was for a good reason. Nights 2 & 3 together with Nashville 2 that I've seen I got 74 different songs. Awesome. 

Also made new friends and a lot of fun. Staying here fort Phil Lesh shows and leaving on Nov 2. Thank you Wilco for an amazing and beautiful three shows. I am so happy I made it here. 

Thanks to everyone who has been reporting recently - its been fun to read. The Wilco sabbatical certainly seems to have had a great positive effect. Meanwhile, back to TWEEDY for JT and me next Tuesday, when ST becomes a proper international rock star for the first time. Cue trans-atlantic airline travel bacchanalia :badger

Staying here fort Phil Lesh shows and leaving on Nov 2.

Two Wilco shows and then the Phil run.  That is how to live my friend!  Color me jealous.

I had on my Kicking the Television tour shirt tonight and right up front but we didnt get that one and amazing that they are still some really good tunes they did not get to. I will post my Ripple including the "you killed it" comment by Jeff on the Utube.

Can you give us a link to the video?

Thanks to everyone who has been reporting recently - its been fun to read. The Wilco sabbatical certainly seems to have had a great positive effect. Meanwhile, back to TWEEDY for JT and me next Tuesday, when ST becomes a proper international rock star for the first time. Cue trans-atlantic airline travel bacchanalia :badger

Looking forward to reading your reports on the TWEEDY band! The funny thing is ST was actually in Port Chester last night (I think the Tweedys are flying over today), so I was hoping we might get a little guest spot. But it wasn't to be. What's the Capitol Theatre when you've already played Madison Square Garden as a 12-year-old, right? Haha. ;)

Anyway, have fun! I hear that Sukierae is doing quite well on the other side of the pond, hence the quick return there early next year...

Looking forward to reading your reports on the TWEEDY band! ...

Anyway, have fun! I hear that Sukierae is doing quite well on the other side of the pond, hence the quick return there early next year...

Ta. I will do my best to reach your standard. I have a cunning plan - a pre printed Sukierae track listing - then I only have to take a second to write a number against a name. Today is boiling - sunbathing in St Paul's graveyard for lunchtime, so I hope the Tweedys got here to see London with some sun for a change. Maybe I should look out for more promotional articles/interviews if they have some extra days. I think the temperature gets back to normal next week. Anyway, don't want to go off topic any more so I'll shut up.

wow, those shows sound like ones for the ages. congrats to all who made at least one.

:guitar :wave  Caught one show (Wednesday), I keep telling myself to be thankful for that (given that I live outside Boston), but crap, I look at these setlists and can't help but kick myself for not working this out to see multiple nights.  The old Deadhead in me always went to multiple nights in the same city.  89 songs in 3 nights, that is amazing to me, I don't know how they do that.  Six musicians knowing all their parts and lyrics for 89 intricately and expertly played songs.  Music savants. 

Caught the last two nights and, as others have noted, they were sublime.  My sister, who is a big Dead fan, came last night so their sing-along finish with Ripple was the cherry on that sonic sundae.  Can't get enough of that sweet stuff!

My only complaint, as Jeff noted, was the people who wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP (to quote Jeff).  At Wednesday night's show I shushed the seriously drunk woman next to me who was practically yelling at her date during Ashes of American Flags.  She glared at me and I just pointed at the stage.  The crowd at the back of the floor last night might as well have been somewhere else because they sure as hell weren't at that fantastic show taking place in front of them.  When I ducked back for a pee break, you could hardly hear the band over the full volume chatter.  I just don't understand it.  If you want to have a fun night of socializing with your friends, go to a bar.  If you want to be part of this kinetic, communal experience before you, then be there!