Passenger Side*

ITMWLY*

A Shot In The Arm*

Please Don't Let Me Be So Understood

Only The Lord Knows

Give Back The Key To My Heart

California Stars

*solo acoustic

A perfect show, the band as tight as hell and Jeff very chatty with lots of banter etc. I'm sure the others will elaborate. Time to turn in...

'Twas indeed a fine night of musical performance and banter.  A good venue with good vibes. Some of the audience were a bit grumpy, especially that German women who got into bother at the Cologne show, but otherwise well behaved.

I might have enjoyed it too.  The post show bar next door was open deceptively late though.  Shocking.  Not sure I can go back to Belgium if that's how late they keep you up to.

My expectations were fairly low as I've found Sukierae to be only ok but Tweedy blew me away live. So tightly knit and with perfect sound thanks to Stan. I've seen Jeff solo at the benefit shows but the mix for this show was something else.

The company was excellent throughout our stay and a big thanks to Mr & Mrs Sam for their wonderful hospitality and generosity. Roll on Glasgow...

Something from the horses mouth about the previous night that has been causing ructions.

I also understand there was a big foul up witht the organisation in Cologne too that meant early queuers were not let in first etc. that might have affected the atmosphere there.

So that German woman found her login to still be intact and can elaborate further in order for people not to be totally dependent on the rantings of two Scottish drunks :P

Cologne had the problem that the venue was changed from Tanzbrunnen to Kulturkirche, from seated with guaranteed seats to GA. I was completely pissed off about that simply because it was a working day, and we were happy when we bought our front row seats so that meant we didn't have to take an additional holiday but could drive up to get there basically right for the show ...... this wasn't going to happen anymore so I complained with the ticket agency as well as the promoter. Turns out I by far wasn't the only one who complained, because we got an email that our front row seats still would be guaranteed - which is probably what people were upset about who queued in order to get to the front but were blocked by stewards who only let people in there with front seats, aka us. Sorry, but we paid almost a tenner more per ticket and there was no talk of reimbursement, so this was their solution, and it was only fair.

About the show in Cologne: Well ..... I still can't believe that the person there and the person in Leuven were actually the same person, as in Jeff himself. I was feeling very uncomfortable in Cologne because I wasn't familiar with Jeff's attitude of no pictures being allowed (well, I fondly remember the days a decade ago when he told security off for not allowing us to take pictures!), and I was quite shocked that he had a guy thrown out who just took a couple of photos without flash or anything, and who didn't seem annoying to me at all. I guess things changed a lot whilst real life was washing over us the past years ....

Leuven though was totally different. A blast from start to finish, and Jeff in a fantastic chatty mood, with his voice being top notch, and hell Spencer is just WOW. Amazingly talented and spot on. I also liked the bass player Darin very much, it was a lot of fun watching him having fun during the gigs!

I cannot comment on the setlist though, because on mine it says only "stuff". :guitar

I too wasn't too fond of the record itself, but now that I have heard it live, I look at it totally different. It's a perfect father-son collaboration. And at the shows it didn't hurt that Tweedy's version of "California Stars" is the very best I have ever heard.

The venue in Leuven was brilliant, great sound, just the right size for a show like that, and Iam looking very much forward to pennyghael's rcording, because what I heard via headphones sounded more than promising (ok that might have been influenced by 1 or 2 Belgian aftershow beers :yeaahh ).

Something from the horses mouth about the previous night that has been causing ructions.

I don't recall any ruction in the room and, as of yet, I haven't heard of any rising tension between the Netherlands and the USA.

However, rumour has it that all US nuclear missiles based in Belgium are now pointing towards the east.

Anyway, let's hope these final words from Mr Tweedy will appease the situation.

http://youtu.be/MHnIc57YSKE

My expectations were fairly low as I've found Sukierae to be only ok but Tweedy blew me away live. So tightly knit and with perfect sound thanks to Stan. I've seen Jeff solo at the benefit shows but the mix for this show was something else.

The company was excellent throughout our stay and a big thanks to Mr & Mrs Sam for their wonderful hospitality and generosity. Roll on Glasgow...

You sum it up perfectly. Great show and company throughout.

Also, you're welcome any time you wish to cross the pond again for a gig or just hang out for a drink :cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was trying to get the recording of this show but apparently there are no seeders on dime. Anybody who can help let me know...I also might have a problem on dime since I have a connection which doesn't allow me to open ports as they should be and I cannot do anything about it.

I didn't have time to check the board earlier due to the fact that I was overwhelmed with my job but I made the trip on purpose from Italy to Leuven to see Tweedy play. I am trying to write a review for my 'zine and I will do it in English so that it can be read by everyone...let me know...for the first time in my life I brought a new dat rec but I forgot the right batteries at home so I couldn't record, which is what I usually do on a regular tape cassette (as in the old days).

However I am glad to hear the show in Leuven was better than the German one. I honestly think it was a hell of a show, but I thought I was biased since I love him playing solo acoustic.

Anyway, I was the one who asked for "Simple twist of fate" and got answered I was ungrateful eh eh eh :-) but I would love to hear him play that song live one day since I'm a huge Dylan fan so I gave it a try...you never know...