Favorite Christmas Albums?

Mostly dig the Compilations of the classic singers from my parents era .. Sinatra, Dean Martin Let It Snow is so dam good

Zat that you Santa Claus ? By Louis Armstrong

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3TXwWANFbM

Tweedy & Wilco 12 days of Christmas Ha So you are still reading Bob Seger Little Drummer Boy

One on the fm radio from 15 yrs ago Christmas Wrapping ( I think that's the title ) by The Waitresses

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Anyone get any recently made Christmas albums they can recommend?

I picked up Joel Paterson's "Hi Fi Christmas Guitar" and am enjoying it. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/reich/ct-ent-joel-paterson-review-1204-story.html

Edit: I don't know why I originally put this in the non-music forum. Could an admin out there do me kindly, and put this in the music forum?

We put up our crap yesterday yesterday - my 8 year old had a blast on Spotify - we must have heard 50 versions of Jingle Bells,  from every musical genre -- it appears that he ready for a rave - he enjoyed the house/techno versions the best  - followed by the heavy metal versions. 

We always start our decoration day with Dylan's record. We listened to a Beach Boy one, too. I tried getting through some the Beatles Christmas stuff - via YouTube - but my kid wanted me to turn it off.

Charles Brown-Cool Christmas Blues

Kacey Musgrave-A Very Kacey Christmas

Hillbilly Holidays-compilation

Mighty Blue Kings-The Christmas Album

Don't really have a great album, though I DO think traditional albums like Steve and Eydie's Christmas or Elvis' Christmas records just sound right, as corny as they may be in parts.

I want to give a thumbs up to the Flaming Lips "A Change At Christmas (Say It Isn't So)". Really great.

I genuinely love Bob Dylan's Christmas in the Heart. I think I started off listening to it ironically, mainly to annoy the wife but after awhile we both started getting really into it. You can tell he's having a lot of fun on it, there's a wide range of style, the arrangements are top tier, and his crackly vocals suit the holidays. I know a lot of hardcore Dylan fans think it's one of his worst, but I love every moment of it.