Let's Not Get Carried Away
Just A Kid
Kicking Television
----------------------
ELT*
It's Just That Simple*
Always In Love*
Hoodoo Voodoo*

* — performed hootenanny style with Jeff and John on acoustic guitars, Pat on banjo, Nels on dobro and Mikael on melodica, Glenn on percussion

Lovely, joyous, sentimental show tonight with kind of a weird setlist.  Jeff essentially said they just picked things they wanted to play again.  Favorite moment for me was when John got a big ovation for "It's Just That Simple" and seemed to get a bit misty, and Jeff gave him a big hug.  Very sweet and genuine moment.  How nice that each member of the band got a chance to shine tonight, especially John, Glenn (with the big drum solo) and Nels (IG, of course).  

Glad to hear "The Good Part" live -- great pop song.  Who was it that was hoping for ELT tonight?  You got it!

During the first song, I saw Jeff blow a kiss to someone in the front row and my first thought was, "Who the hell was that?  Jeff is not flirty like that."  And then he said it was Susie facetiming into the show :love   So sweet.  Thought it was also very generous and touching to hear Jeff call out all the former band members (Jay, Leroy, Ken et al) and acknowledge their contribution to the band's story.

I know there was some good banter, but am drawing a blank!  Maybe some sleep will jog my memory.  It was a real pleasure sharing these last few nights with all you lovely peeps!

That was Mark Greenberg from the Loft in the photo pit with his phone facetiming Susie in. He was directly in front of me and when I saw Jeff lean down and blow a kiss in the direction of the guy with the phone, I looked down and saw Susie's sweet face watching the first two songs. Then I took a closer look and saw the distinctive bristly hair and realized it was Mark. That was an incredibly sweet moment in an evening filled with them.

I don't know how that band could have given up any more than they did tonight--well, the whole run, actually. It just hit me hard while watching them pour their hearts out on that stage and getting back so much love from the crowd. I can't help thinking that we are so lucky to have a band this magnificent to love! Maybe that sounds too mushy, but I'm feeling pretty mushy.

I needed post-rock sustenance in the form of a Plague Bringer before I could gather thoughts about the final show of the Winterlude.

The first highlights for me were Blood of the Lamb and Another Man's Done Gone. I missed the Residency show that included Blood, and I never expected to hear it tonight. What a treat! The latter was simply gorgeous: simple white spots on both Jeff and Mikael, and Jeff's vocals so raw. I want to hear it a dozen more times.

But the whole setlist and vibe were incredible. Kicking Television! Let's Not Get Carried Away! Dark Neon! The minutes passed like seconds tonight, and the air of appreciation and nostalgia were obvious all night. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much time has passed since my first Wilco show, and hearing Jeff give a shout out to the former band members was surprisingly emotional. (I don't typically have a lump in my throat and watery eyes during Hoodoo Voodoo...with or without cow bell.) Thinking back on the past incarnations of the band was an act of personal reflection. So much has happened since then! I got married! Made little humans! What a weird trip. It was a sweet, powerful moment in the show, and it seemed like each person on stage was having his own moment of reflection and gratitude. The full-band bow was a beautiful thing. So great! I loved everything about tonight. Thanks, Wilco.

Random Banter:

-Early on, Jeff said they were playing the songs they liked to play as well as ones the people working with them liked to hear. He noted that "all you bean counters out there" keeping track of new songs on tonight's list...*dramatic pause* "there are a few."

-Before playing Deeper Down, Jeff said they were playing it again because it takes a lot of work. He added that everyone likes it for their own reasons, Glenn's reason being that he gets to "smoke a hooka during it."

- Jeff introduced all of the band members and the number of years they've played with Wilco, ending with John who he referred to as his brother. (He noted that he and John pre-date Wilco's 20 years.)

- Jeff then recognized the audience, acknowledging that some people have been around for more than 20 years. He also temporarily disowned the recently-joined fans but then declared everyone is welcome because "ït's a very diverse crowd...age-wise."

It was a great show. Wilco did a great job of laying out the songs they were going to play and paced the show well. The musicianship is off the charts. These guys are the total pros (even without the total pros). My 57th Wilco show and way up there as far as quality/enjoyment. 

Highlights: Dark Neon - I'm not a fan of the album version but it cooked last night. Band intros. The band bow at the end of the show. The crowd - really into and singing along to all songs old and new. The opening 1-2 songs. Another Man's Done Gone. Many others.

Have they done the rock out Spiders and Art of Almost in the same set before? Did Jeff wear the same jacket all six nights?

Did Jeff wear the same jacket all six nights?

I'm working on some pie charts around this...sorry for the delay. ;)

He wore a denim jacket the first two nights. I wasn't around for the middle two shows, so I can't say when he made the wardrobe change. 

^^^ I came in to post the exact same thought.  It was great to hear Jeff thank Max, Ken, Leroy and (especially) Jay.  It seemed genuine and heartfelt.  A great show, but, hot damn, I wish people would stop with the smartphone videos on every song.  Nels was on fire last night.    

Some other choice banter:

-after message from mid bar, Jeff said something about "you didn't expect a greatest hits show, did you? I'd like to think that there was a time and place that could have been a bit. Maybe... Bulgaria?... '74?"

- right before dawned on me, Jeff commented about how after 20 years he was finally getting comfortable on stage. Seconds later he had to ask Pat for the opening lyrics for dawned on me as Nels started the song

Hearing him mention and thank all the past members was pretty emotional, especially since that has to be he first time he's acknowledge Jay from the stage since his departure

I flew from NYC for this show in particular and it couldn't have been better! In my 22 shows now, I struggle to think or more than a few that can even compete. Spiders electric was fantastic, as was lets not get carried away (let's make this a new live staple). Another mans done good, as others have mentioned, was a great surprise. Also, I will never get sick of impossible Germany. Last nights wasn't quite as fiery as the capitol theatre barnstormer, but Nels has the special ability to really light a room up every time he plays that solo, it's only been getting better.

Flying in from philly last Friday I was wondering if I would have the energy for 6 shows. Not only was it easy, they left me wanting more. People are asking me which one was my favorite? That's like asking me which of my three dogs I love the most. Tremendous week.