Wilco — 12/12/14, Chicago, IL (Riviera Theatre) [Winterlude Night 6]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point. I did something similar when I got my tickets to all of the nights at the Riv--posted a picture of them on FB before the event. However, in azs's case, since the events are in the past, I can't think of anything bad that could happen.

Oh, thought they were tix for next year. Should be ok.

You may be new to this Virtual Communty, however you share interest, and support a band we all enjoy !

Welcome, and Congrats on making so many nights on the recent run !

Many thanks! Was fortunate enough to catch 4 of the 5 on the shrinking tour but unfortunately missed the Metro Bar show.  

Don't think it's a good idea to post full pictures of tickets. Have heard of people doing that, and the info, barcode, or something gets stolen and put on counterfeit tickets, rendering the original tickets useless.

Oh, thought they were tix for next year. Should be ok.

Thanks for the heads up just the same...

Great photos! Any VCer's on the rail in that shot?

I was on the rail but just a little farther down. I was right in front of John. Very sweet vantage point. (In fact, when Jeff leaned down to blow that kiss to Susie, for one crazy second I thought he was directing it at me!) There are a lot of the "usual suspects" aka diehards in that picture, though.

Thank you so much Wilco!  #thankyousign

Everyone in line for night 6 signed it, and we held it up at the last song.  Jeff smiled and nodded.

Laura (white hat, above the "N") handed it to Pat after the encore, before the big bow. 

63771_1524270957847784_15499548961624057

Thanks again to everyone in line who signed the sign on Friday night.

And a special thanks to the great guys at the Loft, Mark and Tom (pictured), who got the sign to a place of prominence in the Loft for all to enjoy!!!

10857929_721174594665216_285835423122074

I trekked from Philly to Chicago for nights 5 and 6 of Winterlude. My review of nights 5 and 6 and photos from night 6 are here: http://citypaper.net/music/concert-review/photos-two-nights-in-chicago-with-wilco/. A full set of photos from the Friday, 12/12 show are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/countfeed/sets/72157649897933971/.

I trekked from Philly to Chicago for nights 5 and 6 of Winterlude. My review of nights 5 and 6 and photos from night 6 are here: http://citypaper.net/music/concert-review/photos-two-nights-in-chicago-with-wilco/. A full set of photos from the Friday, 12/12 show are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/countfeed/sets/72157649897933971/.

A nice set of shots. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks again to everyone in line who signed the sign on Friday night.

And a special thanks to the great guys at the Loft, Mark and Tom (pictured), who got the sign to a place of prominence in the Loft for all to enjoy!!!

10857929_721174594665216_285835423122074

Now that was a great idea. Good of you to do as the applause fades in their ears.. they can read those notes, perhaps for inspiration.

Thanks for the headsup.  I'm confused about some of the mixing decisions on this... Why the hell would you put both Jeff's acoustic and the bass all the way on the right?  That doesn't make much sense at all.

Edit: It actually sounds more like the bass is in the center, but the frequencies that were sent to the subs are mixed hard right... Bizarre

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo much fun reading this.  I went to night #6 as well.  I'm new to this site though a member for awhile, just never come on.  That has to change.  Night #6 was phenomenal!!  Loved, loved loved it.  Great to see the boys play in their home town.  My first time in Chicago.  I love that the "Thank You" sign is hanging in the Loft.  I was lucky enough to sign as well.  How exciting to know my signature is in there with them.  Zuma, I read your article, it's great and wonderful photos too.  I thought Jeff was a class act for acknowledging all of the past members, was wonderful.  I can't get enough of this band, Wilco is my number one fave; I'm a little crazy about them.  Next up is Solid Sound.  Will be #3 for me and I can't wait!!