No solo Vic charity shows in 2015?

Hey. Some of you all probably know better than I do, but I thought the solo shows for his kid's schools was an annual thing. Last couple years the tickets have gone on sale in Dec, so I guess they aren't happening?

Well, Susie has had some more pressing matters going on in her life of late and she's the driving force behind those shows. Not to say they aren't happening, but that could be the main reason if they're not this year.

Also, last year's shows were in mid-February so tickets would have had to go on sale relatively early. The show(s) have happened as late as the end of March early April before, I'm pretty sure, so there is still time. Not 100 percent sure about Sam's school, but I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that if they do benefit shows in the future, they might not benefit youth scholarships (at least, exclusively) but could also be on behalf of such organizations as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. But again, I don't have any specific inside info...

Was starting to wonder about whether this event would happen or not myself last night (but also realizing how much work the shows must be to organize and understanding how it may not be feasible this year).  There was a 2 month lead time on ticket sales last time (tix went on sale mid December 2013).

I was just talking to a friend about this at New Year's. I don't think there's much of any logistical way for me to go to both this, & Solid Sound as well this year. I wasn't sure if Sammy had graduated either, as Montessori schools usually only go through the end of Junior High School, which, I guess, means he must either be done, or close to done (don't know exact details there, just general age). The coming month of March now looks to now be pretty taken up by the recently added TWEEDY tour dates, so, if it happened at all, it'd most likely have to be sometime in April- and they have happened as late as early April before. There aren't any Wilco gigs until late April...

Also with both Sammy either having left the school, or he will be leaving soon, & Susie's continuing journey of healing going on being couple with the fact that Solid Sound is happening this year as well, I wonder if they might start doing two things...
1) The aforementioned above possible shift from Scholastic Youth Scholarships to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Charities instead...and..
2) That these shows might happen now every other year, alternating to occur on the off years of Solid Sound...as in Solid Sound 2015, Vic Theater All Request Benefit Shows 2016, Solid Sound 2017, Vic Theater All Request Benefit Shows 2018, etc., etc. ...

Of course having 16 half solo acoustic shows in March could be a nice warm-up for an early April show, who knows? If it happened, & things had turned around for me financially...at least I'd have a shot at getting to finally tour Wrigley Field this time!! And...Opening day is April 5th, with the first afternoon game being on April 8th, & others on the 17-19th (possible to catch the afternoon game & the show maybe? Would have to balance that with trying to get a request in, since, barring rain, it would be the easiest year to do so weather wise).

If the shows are going on hiatus, or at the end of their run altogether, I'm glad I got to see these last two, which were my first two. I hope they continue in some form (betting on the alternating year thing & change in charities myself) & if so, that I'm able to make it out there.

I have no first hand knowledge of this but I dont see how these shows have any bearing on whether or not there is a solid sound festival. It makes no sense.

For the Vic shows to happen all they need to do is book 2 nights in Tweedy's home city and drive the gear over there. It's not like they have to organize getting  6 people's schedules together for a 2 night run.   

I would be shocked if these are happening with two Tweedy shows there in march along with the recent 6 night run.  I guess even Chicago needs a Wilco break which is disappointing because I would actually rather go to the solo shows than a Wilco show. 

I have no first hand knowledge of this but I dont see how these shows have any bearing on whether or not there is a solid sound festival. It makes no sense.

For the Vic shows to happen all they need to do is book 2 nights in Tweedy's home city and drive the gear over there. It's not like they have to organize getting  6 people's schedules together for a 2 night run.   

I would be shocked if these are happening with two Tweedy shows there in march along with the recent 6 night run.  I guess even Chicago needs a Wilco break which is disappointing because I would actually rather go to the solo shows than a Wilco show. 

I won't claim to be the most knowledgable about charities and/or booking shows, but I really don't think that its that easy. 

And I agree, I think the Tweedy shows are taking the charity show's places this year.