Huge news, everybody. i just got word of this from my friend Gorman Bechard, whose own film A Dog named Gucci will be premiering at the same festival. The long-awaited film will premiere on Friday, Feb. 13. An auspicious day, I'm sure!

http://www.bigskyfilmfest.org/bsdff/festival/films-2015/every_other_summer_solid_sound_festival_2013/c/61

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of those who is unlikely to ever get to a SS, I'll be very interested in seeing this and hope that will be possible. There was a snippet of film of a rehearsal of one of the covers a while back (can't remember which one off the top of my head). Less 'effect on the rust belt town' and more rehearsal/performance footage as far as i'm concerned though ... or an extras DVD with both the concerts etc. as I can understand the film going for a more rounded concept.

There was a snippet of film of a rehearsal of one of the covers a while back (can't remember which one off the top of my head). Less 'effect on the rust belt town' and more rehearsal/performance footage as far as i'm concerned though ... or an extras DVD with both the concerts etc. as I can understand the film going for a more rounded concept.

The song was Pavement's Cut Your Hair. I too was thrilled to see that. Yes, it would be great if they released a Wilco fans version of the film with a lot of extras as well as the regular documentary.

The song was Pavement's Cut Your Hair. I too was thrilled to see that. Yes, it would be great if they released a Wilco fans version of the film with a lot of extras as well as the regular documentary.

I'll be surprised if they don't. Very excited to see this - it's taken long enough!

I'm dying to see a trailer myself. There are so many angles they could take with this. I didn't love the "disappearing small town" angle in Ashes, but maybe that's what they've got to do to get funding. I hope it's not too prominent a focus for this movie. At any rate, I'm just thrilled it's finally getting released.

We always find something looking to Christoph Green's account on vimeo ;)  >> https://vimeo.com/113542737

or Brendan Canty's account >> https://vimeo.com/114902483

Oh my God, the Brendan Canty video with the band walking around Mass MoCA was taken the day of the 2012 benefit show. I was there walking around the gift shop when I spotted first John, then Glenn, and then Jeff. They were filming this spot. I was so taken aback I couldn't believe it. I had never met Jeff before and got my first picture taken with him that day. We actually exchanged a few awkward words (the awkwardness was all mine) and I went back to the hotel not believing what had just happened!
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping that there will be a showing at this year's Solid Sound. If they were really smart, they'd have it on sale in DVD/Blu-ray format at the festival for $15 and sell a thousand of 'em.

Maybe even multiple showings! But it would be kind of weird to spend part of 2015 Solid Sound watching 2013 Solid Sound.