I don't have an apple TV...I have a roku. Not sure if there is a Vimeo roku channel.

It seems to me that you can't actually "download" the physical file. It's just going to be available on their website. That's pretty lame in my opinion, because we have no guarantee that Vimeo will be around in 10 years, so paying $12.99 for something you can't actually own physically, seems way over priced.

I'd be perfectly happy with a downloadable MP4 file that I can stick on USB drive.

it appears that there is a Vimeo app on the Roku...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume we'll be able to download it. From Vimeo's website:

What’s the difference between “Rent," “Buy,” and Subscription purchases on Vimeo On Demand?

With Vimeo On Demand, you can make three kinds of purchases:Rent: When you rent videos, you will be able to stream the videos anytime during the specified rental period.Buy: When you buy videos, you will be able to stream the videos for as long as they remain on Vimeo. If the seller allows, you will also be able to download the videos to your computer and devices, DRM-free.Subscription: When you subscribe to a series, you have unlimited streaming access to all current episodes of the series for a recurring monthly fee. You will also have immediate access to any new episodes added to the series page during your active subscription.

Has anyone figured out how / if you can download it if you've purchased it? I've purchased it and I can see it in the VOD section but I can't figure out how / if I can download it. While 99.9% of the time I'll just stream it to my TV, I want a copy to archive in case Vimeo ever removes it. I've seen purchases disappear in other media and don't want to see this happen with this since I don't have a physical DVD / Blu-Ray.

Any reports on this yet please? I'm primarily interested in getting a feel for the percentage of time that Wilco actually feature - either in concert footage or rehearsal, or any Wilco-related interview/banter etc.

I was always hoping that the project might be released as 'the film' and then an extras bundle with all the Wilco stuff they shot, but given the streamed release that's not going to happen.

So, basically I'm dithering as to whether I need to go for this.

Has anyone figured out how / if you can download it if you've purchased it? I've purchased it and I can see it in the VOD section but I can't figure out how / if I can download it. While 99.9% of the time I'll just stream it to my TV, I want a copy to archive in case Vimeo ever removes it. I've seen purchases disappear in other media and don't want to see this happen with this since I don't have a physical DVD / Blu-Ray.

There was a link on the confirmation window that popped up after I purchased it. There's also a link on the page where you can stream it online.

It's a 1.5 GB .mp4 file.

Watching it now (got one window open with that playing, and another window with work) - good amount of Wilco, but also lots of other performers and even just people from North Adams or at SS. Tons of performance footage from all the performing bands, for better and for worse.

It's mildly interesting.

There was a link on the confirmation window that popped up after I purchased it. There's also a link on the page where you can stream it online.

It's a 1.5 GB .mp4 file.

I downloaded the 1080 file but I bet that doesn't sync up with iTunes. Do any of you know if any of the available formats will be able to sync up with your iTunes library?

I downloaded the 1080 file but I bet that doesn't sync up with iTunes. Do any of you know if any of the available formats will be able to sync up with your iTunes library?

I don't recall seeing anything other than a download button, but I just went back and downloaded the 1080 version. Thanks for letting me know that it existed.

I don't use iTunes for anything other than music, but I'm playing the downloaded file with Plex and it works fine.

I had to change my view to from "Videos" to "Details" and then follow the link. In "Videos" it just started playing the movie on the web page. After I switched it I clicked on the link and it took me to where I could download it! Party!

I'm currently watching this on my Apple TV's Vimeo App. I wound up buying this last night right after midnight and I was surprised that it wasn't ready. Oh well. 

Spoilers!  :wave

I'm a half hour in, so far it's been a very lengthy rehearsal clip of Wilco doing Marquee Moon, a Neko Case song, Dream Syndicate's Days Of Wine & Roses, a Sean Rowe song, a White Denim song and a brief clip of Wilco rehearsing Cut Your Hair which perfectly seques into the Friday night covers' show footage of the whole song and now Tommy Stinson just walked on for Color Me Impressed which is how I feel so far actually. 

:thumbup

Edit: They also showed Reggie Watts walking around greeting fans and Sean Rowe going over to the carnival thing where you hit a hammer and see how high the thingy goes up. I didn't notice it, but it has the Wilco logo & spinach underneath which is an obvious homage to the Dawned On Me video. 

I'm currently watching this on my Apple TV's Vimeo App. I wound up buying this last night right after midnight and I was surprised that it wasn't ready. Oh well. 

To watch it on your Apple TV Vimeo app, did you first have to go to Vimeo on a computer to purchase it?  And then watch it on Apple TV?

Just watched the bonus trailer of the all covers show.  That is great! Almost all of Cut Your Hair.

Just downloaded it. Will be watching in an hour or two, but I just previewed it by skipping here & there with it for 10-15 minutes.

File Under- Happy Synchronicities. And I won't spoil the ending, but... The front vestibule/entrance area at my acupuncture office is an "L" shaped area, with a mural on the wall & the acoustics of the stair well of your dreams- echo-laden & lovely. You sound better than you ever have when you play there. I practice acoustic there all the time (inside it's like a bunker &  absolute electric heaven).

I had a friend over this week to jam. We'd never played together before & had limited time, so I said- "Just name off a few artists, & we'll pick some songs, download some lyrics, print them off & have a go at it.". She named the first band & I suggested the song. It was the first of about a dozen we worked with. That first song I suggested is the song that closes "Every Other Summer". It apparently was rehearsed for the Friday night covers show, but didn't make the cut & has never been been heard until now. It's absolutely beautiful & I couldn't think of a better ending for the film. Perfect timing...as if I wasn't already excited enough about Solid Sound. Can't wait to watch the whole film very soon!!!

To watch it on your Apple TV Vimeo app, did you first have to go to Vimeo on a computer to purchase it?  And then watch it on Apple TV?

Just watched the bonus trailer of the all covers show.  That is great! Almost all of Cut Your Hair.

Yes, I already had an account set up, so I purchased it online and signed into my Vimeo account on Apple TV and it was waiting in there to be played. 

I won't spoil the ending either! Wow! I'm sure someone will turn that into an audio file. Imagine how much stuff they didn't use. Would anyone else pay for individual sets of certain artists? I know that I would. 

Spoilers:

The songs are listed in the end credits. I was excited to see some "new" Wilco tunes which must have been in the installation. Those tiles are: Coconut Oil, Wilco Fundamentals 55-57, Tamale Never Knows, Wilco Fundamentals 18-22, & Drum Machine. These were interspersed with various festival footage along with album versions of Black Moon & I Might. An amazingly shot Art Of Almost closes out the film. The other artist's songs are as follows: Neko Case - Ragtime, Dream Syndicate - Days Of Wine & Roses, Sean Rowe - Joe's Cult, White Denim - Pretty Green, Border Music - Chinese Surprise, The Autumn Defense - We Would Never Die, Mikael Jorgensen & Greg O'Keefe - Open Cube, Lucius - Turn It Around, Foxygen - We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors Of Peace & Magic, Nels Cline & Julian Lage - Blues Too, Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater, Nels Cline & Julian Lage - The Bond, Sam Amidon - Sugar Baby, and The Relatives - Don't Let Me Fall.

Extremely well done. It perfectly captures that magical weekend. It runs rather short at 82 minutes and just flew by. I can't think of anyone that played off the top of my head that was left off of this documentary. There's a segment where Jeff Tweedy is being driven around North Adams and I won't spoil that for you either. One last thing: the sound on this is LOUD and PERFECT. 

Hint: I always thought that Wilco had a song that had a similar opening for at least several notes. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyco3iusOiE

Was hoping for some professional footage of the Mark Mulchahy / Pat Sansone pop up performance seen here. I know the camera's were there. I was front row.

Can anyone confirm if he gets any time at all in the movie? So far I haven't seen any mention of him.

99% sure this performance or part of it are in there. Pat doesn't get any talking time (Jeff does, John does, Glenn does, Mikael does, Nels I don't remember, but they mostly were talking about their installations) but he's in there with Autumn Defense and this performance.