Should I get rid of my CD's?

Should I get rid of my CD's?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get rid of my CD's?

This has been an issue for me since the advent of digital.  In one sense, it's cool that EVERYTHING is available on the web.  On the other hand, it's overwhelming and in a sense has devalued music…at least for me.  When it was just vinyl and then CDs, I had to save up and really think about what I was getting.  With that mindset, I only bought shit I really really liked, or had great potential of getting into.  Now, it seems that nothing is worth 'getting into' it's all there for the taking and has just left me cold.  

It's all a trade off.  The last few years I've hemmed and hawed over getting back into vinyl, hi-res etc.  It's all bullshit.  A well mastered CD is the best and ripped to a hard drive and player is fine.  I'm trying to be optimistic and take advantage of both worlds.  I'm going through my favorite artists and keeping the most essential CDs and ripping the rest.  If it's something I don't have and the album has potential, then I'll buy the CD.  If not, I'll get the 2-3 songs from iTunes or Amazon.  That seems to be working now.  Alas, I really miss the old days of heading out to the record store on release day.

Peace

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Moss got about 125 of them. I still have about 175 of anyone wants to see the list let me know. 

Yep, and I am enjoying the heck out of them.  Might have to come back for some of the remaining ones...nice meeting you by the way.