Wilco 2015 Shows (/rumors)

For those who secured tickets during the pre-sale for Red Rocks. Did it state row numbers for Reserved 1, Reserved 2 and GA? I don't recall seeing this information posted during the pre-sale. I've always purchased GA (and did so for this upcoming show) and we get to the venue early to grab a great row/seat. Yesterday, for shits/giggles I looked at the AXS website to learn they changed it all up and GA is in the very back of the venue. Nothing I can do about it, but I'm not happy, at all, about this new arrangement (the last place I want to be is way up top for this show) and I don't think it was disclosed during the pre-sale. Can anyone confirm?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who secured tickets during the pre-sale for Red Rocks. Did it state row numbers for Reserved 1, Reserved 2 and GA? I don't recall seeing this information posted during the pre-sale. I've always purchased GA (and did so for this upcoming show) and we get to the venue early to grab a great row/seat. Yesterday, for shits/giggles I looked at the AXS website to learn they changed it all up and GA is in the very back of the venue. Nothing I can do about it, but I'm not happy, at all, about this new arrangement (the last place I want to be is way up top for this show) and I don't think it was disclosed during the pre-sale. Can anyone confirm?

I bought tickets through the presale. Reserved Center Row 15. Said it on the screen as I was buying and of course on my receipt. My understanding is that Red Rocks sets up in a number of configurations. I too wish there had been more info as to what the configuration was to be.

i'm with you here.  i have been to every Wilco Red Rocks show thus far - in addition to many other RR shows - and have never seen a seating configuration such as this.  there have been shows where the entire venue is Reserved, but i've never seen GA only in the back.

like you, i confidently chose GA on the frontgate pre-sale knowing i would show up early and secure my spot up front.  not until people started chiming in here about their "3rd row reserved" tickets did i even think twice about it.  i am fairly sure frontgate mentioned nothing of this "new" seating arrangement on the presale website on wednesday.  the thursday and friday axs sales clearly stated the seating arrangement, but obviously it was too late by that point. 

i think someone royally fucked this one up for some of the more hardcore Wilco fans.  I just can't fathom why they would change up the seating arrangement for a show/venue that they have played in the "typical" Red Rocks arrangement every time they've come here in the past.

I am so colossally disappointed I cannot even tell you.

Like others, I bought GA tickets reflexively, because every show I have ever been to at Red Rocks has been sold that way. I had just bought tickets to Ryan Adams' show a few days earlier via AXS and confirmed just now (thank god) that the seating arrangements are as they have always been, with GA starting row 24.

I have no desire to go up to Red Rocks to see Wilco from row 47 or higher.

And to add insult to injury, there are dozens and dozens of tickets on StubHub at prices in the $240 and up range to be in the first few rows. I want to puke.

Anyone want two GA tickets cheap?

I feel your pain, those of you who bought general admission tickets that turn out to be in the back.

Of the three Florida shows, only one has GA tickets in the back of the venue. The other two are GA pit areas. I bought GA tickets reflexively for all three, only to find out later that I would be in the back for one of them! Went ahead and bought seated tickets for that one...good seats, but now I am looking to sell the two GA tickets, because I don't need them. Wish I had some Wilco friends here in FL. Argh!

The weird part is that the one with seated tickets and GA in the back is an amphitheater...so there will be a gaping space between the band and the audience. That should make for some awkward banter.

while it's stupid for GA to be in the back of the venue, i also think it's silly to allow people to lay down a placeholder up front and then show up much later to claim 'their spot'

Agreed. One of my pet peeves at festivals. At Hardly Strictly Bluegrass people laid down blankets the night before and didn't even show up until right before showtime, expecting that their precious blanket assured them of tons of space at the very front. That is complete bullshit, in my opinion.

In the case of a long lining up process at a regular show, the most I think it's acceptable to do is get there early, make sure you make friends with the people around you who are also waiting, and then it's OK to duck out for a quick meal or a drink, etc, especially at shows where the lining up starts before noon and doors aren't until 6 or 7.

Wilco, Sleater-Kinney, Chance the Rapper Headline Pitchfork Music Festival 2015

http://pitchfork.com/news/58466-wilco-sleater-kinney-chance-the-rapper-headline-pitchfork-music-festival-2015/

Weird how this conflicts with the Tweedy Forecastle one in Kentucky. Same dates, July 17-19. I guess they headline a show on one of those three dates, and Jeff plays the Forecastle fest on another of the three dates. Unless there is some sort of time travel thing going on. Beam me up, Scotty!

Weird how this conflicts with the Tweedy Forecastle one in Kentucky. Same dates, July 17-19. I guess they headline a show on one of those three dates, and Jeff plays the Forecastle fest on another of the three dates. Unless there is some sort of time travel thing going on. Beam me up, Scotty!

On Friday, Wilco will be preceded by Chvrches, Panda Bear, Mac DeMarco, iLoveMakonnen, and others. http://pitchfork.com/news/58466-wilco-sleater-kinney-chance-the-rapper-headline-pitchfork-music-festival-2015/

Tweedy will likely play Forecastle Satuday, IMO, possibly before MMJ - Forecastle all the way for Ditty and the Mrs.

while it's stupid for GA to be in the back of the venue, i also think it's silly to allow people to lay down a placeholder up front and then show up much later to claim 'their spot'

No one gets to do that at Red Rocks. You line up outside, and you doors open about two hours before the show, at which point everyone scrambles in.

I agree that the "magic blanket" strategy is stupid at festivals.

No one gets to do that at Red Rocks. You line up outside, and you doors open about two hours before the show, at which point everyone scrambles in.

I agree that the "magic blanket" strategy is stupid at festivals.

i've never been there, but i've heard stories that one person could line up early and run in w/ a 20' blanket that allows their tardy friends to stroll in at their leisure and share.

true?

Well clearly with a six night run for Wilco and plenty of opportunities to see them in friendly surroundings, a festival gig at Ptichfork doesn't seem all that thrilling to people I guess.

LouieB

It's totally thrilling. It's also double the airfare compared to a round trip ticket in December. That makes it a tougher call for people who need to factor in airfare, hotels, etc. Everything costs more in the summer. (Maybe because something about Chicago in the winter can seem a bit daunting?)

Very pumped about the Pitchfork announcement. That's been the weekend Phish has played Northerly the last couple of years so I haven't been able to go, but the Friday and Saturday lineups this year are just too good to pass up. Never thought I'd see Wilco play Pitchfork by the way, doesn't seem like they're "hip" enough for that crowd.

Compared to Solid Sound a few weeks earlier, Pitchfork will be a stone drag.  I am a regular attender because I sell records with a friend, but it is a total mob scene.  If you are interested in the entire experience I can understand coming to it, but if you are coming for Wilco only it isn't going to be that much fun.  Pitchfork is dead center in the summer and really crowded.  But if folks come (and I will remind you again) come see me in the record tent.

LouieB