Wilco 2015 Shows (/rumors)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this about?  Announced anywhere?

Yes, it is on the Wilco shows page.

Prediction: I expect shows in the same timeframe (depending on whether that leg is heading north or south) at the Santa Barbara Bowl and/or Vino Robles Amphitheater in Paso Robles.

Prediction: I expect shows in the same timeframe (depending on whether that leg is heading north or south) at the Santa Barbara Bowl and/or Vino Robles Amphitheater in Paso Robles.

Paso Robles would be nice. I lived there in the late 80s while I was stationed at Camp Roberts during my brief, but illustrious, Army career, so it would be a good excuse to fly out and see some old friends and check out the Firestone Walker brewery.

Yes, it is on the Wilco shows page.

Thanks, I hadn't seen a Wilco email or FB announcement.  My friends in LA thank you as well.

I don't think you get tickets...I think they just "save" some for you...then if you by more (different) events they upgrade your seats.

At least that's what I thought I read...

It is more of a reservation thing than picking your actual seats, but it gets your ass in a seat for the show at the ticket price level you choose. Happy to do it.  My experience with the Front Gate Wilco presales has been kind of awful - I don't think their servers have enough horsepower to handle the volume a city the size of LA generates and they tend to crash or time out.  Anyway, I'll touch base if my optimism turns to rage.

I finally had some good ticket karma this week.

Wy wife was talking with a friend in L.A. and mentioned we were hoping we could get together for the Wilco show. Turns out said friend knows the people who run the Greek Theater and we now have 6 tickets. Presumably good ones.

So yay!

FYI - Tix are available RIGHT NOW if you sign up for the Greek P.A.S.S. on their website.  Its free to sign up - no commitment other than Greek Theater spam.

Unless I'm missing something, it does not show where you'll be sitting for each price tier.

You guys think it's better to get one now, or wait for the public sale date or wilco presale and actually be able to pick my exact seat?

• 2 weeks later...

Also: Aug 5, L.A.

That one was announced early last month, but it does go on sale this week so it is good to resurface that. Have to imagine there will be a show added in OR between Seattle and ID dates...

That one was announced early last month, but it does go on sale this week so it is good to resurface that. Have to imagine there will be a show added in OR between Seattle and ID dates...

Oh, sorry, did not see that...just going off the Facebook page announcement. 

But will there be a Chicago multi-night indoor theater run again this year?  That's what I really want. 

They wouldn't announce until after Pitchfork or at least until after pitchfork sells out I would think. Seems unlikely in general though given last year's run and them not traditionally doing that back to back years.