The First Great Song You Heard in Concert

Good one I've seen them open with that.

I'm hoping they take another quick run through their strong US markets after South America

Where did you see them ?

Ive seen them a few times, but that was my first, November 1981, Hartford, CT.  Still one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Nope. Springfield, Mass. My first rock concert! Crazy times.

I loved seeing shows at the Springfield CC. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up in a small, remote town, I never saw a ton of concerts, but in July 2003 I went to Edmonton AB and saw My Morning Jacket a few months before they released It Still Moves. I'd never heard of them before, I was there to see the Foo Fighters (I was 16!). I'll never forget hearing One Big Holiday and being completely awe struck. I had never heard a guitar solo like that before. It was the beginning of a big change for me, within a year my music tastes would have moved completely to Wilco, The Beatles, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, etc and the mid-2000s indie rock scene. But I like to think that My Morning Jacket's short set kicked opened a door in my mind.

This is a great post! I would say the first show would have been U2 and The Alarm at the Pier '83 and it was a great show. I was 13 and my sister was awesome! I saw a bunch of U2 shows from '85-87 and then kinda moved on. The first time the hair really stood up on my neck though and electrified the crap out of me was Bad Brains at the Ritz in '86. HR had that kinda effect. 

Im Waiting on a First Concert from uhmmm Anne Murray .. Bruce Springsteen opened for her or The Monkees Jimi Hendrix once opened for him.. Or YES ....Pousette Dart Band opened for them once* ..* odd pairing I went 

Merry Christmas Supporters of Live Music (past and present shows) and a healthy rockin New Year!

This is a great post! I would say the first show would have been U2 and The Alarm at the Pier '83 and it was a great show. I was 13 and my sister was awesome! I saw a bunch of U2 shows from '85-87 and then kinda moved on. The first time the hair really stood up on my neck though and electrified the crap out of me was Bad Brains at the Ritz in '86. HR had that kinda effect.

I saw the Alarm in 1983 in a small bar in ElPaso TX with maybe 50 other people. It was a fun show.