WILCO headling GOTV

http://gatheringofthevibes.com/2015-lineup/

Last year Lockn, this year Vibes.  What's next?  a psychedelic album?

Nice looking starting line-up:

Wilco
The String Cheese Incident
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
Weezer
Gregg Allman
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Billy & the Kids
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
The Gaslight Anthem
The Word, featuring Robert Randolph, John Medeski, brothers Luther & Cody Dickinson and Chris Chew
Zappa Plays Zappa
Dark Star Orchestra, featuring Melvin Seals
Greensky Bluegrass
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Deep Banana Blackout
Kung Fu
Twiddle
Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band
Strangefolk
Turkuaz
The Nth Power
New Riders of the Purple Sage
Moon Hooch
The Primate Fiasco
David Gans

I live an hour away and won't go. It's not a really pleasant festival, despite sometimes having good music. I'll be out of town, so I won't have to make the decision anyway. But I also don't feel like I'm going to miss much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a little less than an hour away and plan to go the day Wilco plays. I have been to several different festivals and think in the last few years this one has gotten better and is pretty well run. I am going to see Wilco not necessarily for the festival but a no-brainer unless more shows in the NY tri-state area get added. I think a connection may be that one of the promoter/sponsors is same as for Lockn and for the Capital Theater where Wilco played a fantastic 3 night run last October.  Like others, this festival adds artists so this is just the initial line up. Perhaps acts to be added will have a "closer tie" to Wilco. 

I also find it puzzling that Wilco keeps booking these primarily jamband-oriented festivals. Nothing against them, but I just don't think it's the natural audience for Wilco. I was at Lockn' last year and I thought the response to them was underwhelming. And that was after a long dry spell, when the want to see factor should have been at a high point.

Yet on the other hand they are playing the "cutting edge" Pitchfork.  Bottom line - it isn't about the ambiance of the fest, it is about getting paid.  I don't object to this at all.  Both the jam band and the hipster crowds deserve to see Wilco. 

LouieB

I am a little less than an hour away and plan to go the day Wilco plays. I have been to several different festivals and think in the last few years this one has gotten better and is pretty well run. I am going to see Wilco not necessarily for the festival but a no-brainer unless more shows in the NY tri-state area get added. I think a connection may be that one of the promoter/sponsors is same as for Lockn and for the Capital Theater where Wilco played a fantastic 3 night run last October.  Like others, this festival adds artists so this is just the initial line up. Perhaps acts to be added will have a "closer tie" to Wilco. 

Gathering Of The Vibes are put on by a bunch of friends of mine, actually it's a lot of the same group of people who work Solid Sound, that's the connection.  A great bunch of people, our roots go back to the 80s working a couple festivals in Norwalk CT.  A lot of this same crew also work Lockin and some do work at the Capitol Theater, and many other Festivals all Summer long.  Ken who runs Terrapin Presents (GOTV) is a Wilco fan and he has tried getting them in the past, I'm very excited for this, this is the one I've been waiting for ;^)

Good to hear that Ken Hayes is a fan . . . didn't know that. 

Reminds me of other non-Dead heavy years for Vibes like when Janes Addiction and Elvis Costello headlined. 

More bands to come, of course, but maybe the absence of a Dead-heavy lineup, and the likes of WSP and Disco Biscuits, will keep some of the riff-raff away...

Some fans over on the dead-related boards aren't psyched either.  Funny, the festival reputation will keep some Wilco fans from attending, and the presence of Wilco will keep fans of the dead-centric Vibes fest from showing up.   Oh the irony!

For my money it's the best of both worlds!

Gathering Of The Vibes are put on by a bunch of friends of mine, actually it's a lot of the same group of people who work Solid Sound, that's the connection.  A great bunch of people, our roots go back to the 80s working a couple festivals in Norwalk CT.  A lot of this same crew also work Lockin and some do work at the Capitol Theater, and many other Festivals all Summer long.  Ken who runs Terrapin Presents (GOTV) is a Wilco fan and he has tried getting them in the past, I'm very excited for this, this is the one I've been waiting for ;^)

Well, this makes me feel better about it.  I can't go, but I'll be happy getting my fix at Solid Sound.  

on Wilcos website it has all 4 nights of GOTV listed.....................

I mean there aint no way they are playing that fest for 4 straight days/nights is it???

No, Thursday will be DSO, Friday is usually Jamband Headliner, they will either play Saturday night or late Sunday afternoon, "headliners" have played both slots so until it's announced it's hard to tell, I'm guessing it'll be Saturday night, but Sunday is a real possibility being that it's generally more family oriented.