For the Sunday Dead show I brought along a sixer of Firestone Easy Jack - it was pretty good. Definitely happy that more and more brewers are shipping cans, esp. for the summer season.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going to the Great American Beer Festival in Denver? I'm on a plane bound for the Mile High City right now, but I'll probably skip the fest for the first time in years and just partake of the fun at local breweries.

If you can find any Casey beers (Glenwood Springs, CO), those are really worth checking out. Wonderful saisons... I'm not sure where in CO they distribute, though. 

i was meeting a friend at Row 34 for dinner last night, and it happens to be right next to Trillium. so obviously i had to get some.

double dry hopped Melcher St IPA (6)

Fort Point Pale Ale (3)

Coffee Pot & Kettle, Oatmeal Porter with cold brewed French roast Barrington coffee (3)

can't wait for this deliciousness.

i gave two bottles (IPA and pale ale) and a bunch of empty ones to a work friend who brews his own and is from VT... he promised to get some rare VT beers at some point in return.

This past weekend,the family and I camped up at Ludington State Park in Michigan, the wife and enjoyed a six pack of the below. Good stuff.

My grandmother was born and raised in Ludington and I have many happy memories of watching the ferries from the lakeshore in the early 70s.

Went to a brewpub called Grandma's House last night in Denver. It was decorated with lots of kitschy stuff and even had bowls of hard candy like every grandma's house. The whole place emptied out for 15 minutes to watch the eclipse.

My grandmother was born and raised in Ludington and I have many happy memories of watching the ferries from the lakeshore in the early 70s.

Went to a brewpub called Grandma's House last night in Denver. It was decorated with lots of kitschy stuff and even had bowls of hard candy like every grandma's house. The whole place emptied out for 15 minutes to watch the eclipse.

You probably saw the SS Spartan in action -- it's still docked in the harbor - my kid and I enjoyed it's massiveness - especially it being so close to the dock -- we saw it on the way into the town/campsite and he and I wanted to look at it again on the way out.

Both times we went to the harbor the SS Badger was gone.

• 3 months later...

Is it really the best IPA ever?

It's definitely up there. It's perfectly balanced and crafted. It's hard to beat when it's fresh from the brewery.

Lately I've been drinking a very simple IPA called Yellow Rose from Lone Pint in Magnolia, Texas. Just pilsner malt and Mosaic hops, but it's a very tasty offering.

I like Ballast Point's beers, but Sculpin at $16 for a 6-pack is just too expensive when there are equally good IPAs available for $10. I'm an even bigger fan of their Grunion pale ale, but stores here have been charging the same $16 for 6 cans. I was happy to see that the price has dropped to the $9.85 mark as of a few days ago. At that price I'm gonna drink a lot of it.

Sculpin is heaven in a can.

So, I work for the big beer company that just bought Ballast Point for a cool $1B. I'm curious if that that make their beers less appealing to you all. I hadn't tried a lot of Ballast Point prior to the purchase and am enjoying the offerings a lot. The price point is pretty aggressive!

I could probably ask the same question to Lagunitas fans (just joined forces with Heinken), Goose Island, Elyssian and many others owned by Anheuser Busch Imbev.