Indiana show canceled!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they reconsider this.  I used to live in Chicago and saw quite a few of their shows.  I personally am against this law and have written my representative and senator about it.  It's great that they are making a stand but this is punishing fans that may also be against this law.  And going to another show out of state is not an option.

Just saw this and I have tremendous respect for this decision.  I know some of the affected fans are mad and disappointed.  I would be too, especially if I voted against putting these idiots in office.  However, how really can anyone outside of Indiana's voting system make their voices heard?  Money is the only answer (public shaming doesn't seem to have had any effect at all).  The state losing business for conventions, travel, business ventures, and even rock concerts should eventually do the trick.

I hope they reconsider this.  I used to live in Chicago and saw quite a few of their shows.  I personally am against this law and have written my representative and senator about it.  It's great that they are making a stand but this is punishing fans that may also be against this law.  And going to another show out of state is not an option.

So sorry, & that seriously is a a tough price to pay for Social Justice, but hopefully worth it to you.

Personally I absolutely support their move!!! If it happened where I live, in New York State, I'd hate to see shows cancelled, but I'd support it... that, of course, it made easier by the fact that traveling to an another out of state show is an option for me...

Very cool.  Sad for the fans, but it is time for you guys in Indiana to vote this asshole out; not that you can. Sorry for you though.  Between whole cities and states stopping their business with Indiana (and a few corporations), the Indiana legislature can stick it up their homophobic (and totally bigoted) asses. 

So which stupid ass Wilco fans are objecting to this?  What do they want, shut up and sing?

LouieB

I'm originally from Indiana and like you pretty ashamed by my home-state over this. It's unfortunate, but Indiana fans aren't being punished by Wilco or any other business that may boycott the state. They're being punished by their own elected officials.

Good for wilco! I think another way to show they mean it would be to add a show right outside Indiana. Maybe Louisville then bus all the wilco fans from Indianapolis to Louisville to take some more biz out of the state so the fans aren't punished but the state is :)

I'm from Indiana and decided to forego this show due to bad date for me, but even if I had a ticket, I'd be proud to miss it to teach these asshole politicians the lesson they can't seem to learn on their own, unless they get hit with financial loss. They need to be humiliated. I'm so ashamed of the reputation my state is receiving, but it is well earned. So bravo to Wilco for this decision. I just love them so much for doing the right thing even though it costs Wilco money to cancel. Right on!

PS - I also couldn't get a decent seat for the show! Lol. Too popular these days!

Very cool.  Sad for the fans, but it is time for you guys in Indiana to vote this asshole out; not that you can. Sorry for you though.  Between whole cities and states stopping their business with Indiana (and a few corporations), the Indiana legislature can stick it up their homophobic (and totally bigoted) asses. 

So which stupid ass Wilco fans are objecting to this?  What do they want, shut up and sing?

LouieB

Real nice

I'm one of the 2,000 Wilco fans just punished by cancelling my local Indianapolis date, THU May 7, due to our dumb ass Governors decision to sign the recent religious freedom act.  If they are not cancelling the entire tour leg, EXCEPT OHIO, then what's the point?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/27/19-states-that-have-religious-freedom-laws-like-indianas-that-no-one-is-boycotting/  Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico,Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, IndianaMissouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, W Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut Road Island

Cancel the entire tour leg minus Ohio then your making a point!  

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

WILL SUPPORTERS OF THE INDIANA CANCELLATION be returning your tickets for any of these dates?  

Real nice

I'm one of the 2,000 Wilco fans just punished by cancelling my local Indianapolis date, THU May 7, due to our dumb ass Governors decision to sign the recent religious freedom act.  If they are not cancelling the entire tour leg, EXCEPT OHIO, then what's the point?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/27/19-states-that-have-religious-freedom-laws-like-indianas-that-no-one-is-boycotting/  Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico,Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, IndianaMissouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, W Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut Road Island

Cancel the entire tour leg minus Ohio then your making a point!  

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

WILL SUPPORTERS OF THE INDIANA CANCELLATION be returning your tickets for any of these dates?  

Do some reading and get rid of your governor.

http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/what-makes-indianas-religious-freedom-law-different/388997/

I have voted in every election since I was 18 and it was NEVER in the direction of Mr Pence.  My vote has only counted once in Indiana, in 2008.  Sure there's differences but it doesn't change the fact that cancelling one date isn't shit, 11 more by my math to really make a point.

I've had some time to calm down about this and although very disappointed I understand.  If you are a hoosier there is something you can do about this.  Follow this link to find out who your representative and senator are and let them know how you feel.  Maybe let them know that you support an anti-discrimination clause or amendment be added to this law.

http://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2681.htm

Here is a list of all the senators and representatives who voted for this law.  Even if you're not a hoosier you can let them know how you feel about this:

http://www.nuvo.net/indianapolis/sb-101-who-voted-for-it/Content?oid=3067691

With a little bit of homework and a few mouse clicks, you should be able to find out how to contact them. 

And here although I feel a little bit conflicted about this (but it is public knowledge) is where these legislators work.  So you know what to boycott without hurting any innocents.

http://www.nuvo.net/NewsBlog/archives/2015/03/27/sb-101-where-do-they-work

I'm going to wait a week or so to get a refund in the slim chance that Wilco will reconsider.  Hopefully, I will get all my money back and Live Nation won't keep their chunk of change.  I hope this get's resolved soon and Pence get's thrown out of office.  I've only lived here for a year and 1/2 and almost all of the people are against this bill.  At least here in Indianapolis.  Also if you're a Chicagoan don't forget to vote next week.  And vote for Chuy!

p.s  Now I know how a lot of Cubans and South Africans feel.

p.p.s.  My first Wilco show was here in Indiana.  It was at the Sunshine Fest in Crown Point in 1995 or 1996.  I've been a Wilco fan ever since.  I got to see at least one show per tour when I lived in Chicago. Multishows when they did their homestands.

Copy and Paste from my comments in the "Facebook shit show" referenced above:

As a ticket holder for the show I have very mixed feelings. It's an execrable piece of legislation but the overlap between [those would have attended the show] AND [those whose minds may be changed by the boycott] OR [legislators who would actually do anything about it] is precisely zero. I totally respect their decision, but I'm also glad that I already have my Solid Sound ticket in hand to catch them a few weeks later...

My refund will be going straight to the Human Rights Campaign.

I'm a bit bummed because we had 5th row, center seats for the Murat date, but this is the right message at the right time. Giving us another Cincy date would certainly advance that message, as well (wink, wink, nudge nudge).