Indiana show canceled!

So the people complaining will still be taking the refund and not going, right?

Because it wasn't about the show, it was the bigger picture that people felt Wilco was being hypocritical and illogical in theiir decision which according to some was just for PR.

No way you guys would still go to that show, right?

I hope Jeff has a little something to say to those "fans" at the show.

That said, Wilco said they'd return once the law was repealed. It was changed enough for them to play the show and, once again, they're doing the right thing. The boycott by the numerous organizations worked to make that change. So proud of them all!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a couple of you would be disappointed it I didn't pop up one more time, so to answer you directly:

So the people complaining will still be taking the refund and not going, right?

Because it wasn't about the show, it was the bigger picture that people felt Wilco was being hypocritical and illogical in theiir decision which according to some was just for PR.

No way you guys would still go to that show, right?

Correct, my wife is a long time fan and I'm sure she will use the tickets I bought for us.

I hope the people that attend this show will show some respect for the band, and fans who there for the tunes when performing. With some of the derogatory comments made here the last few days from those directly effected, some might want to voice their opinions from the floor causing a distraction for the band and those that are there just for the music.

Well we certainly don't want any freedom of speech at this concert

I hope Jeff has a little something to say to those "fans" at the show.

That said, Wilco said they'd return once the law was repealed. It was changed enough for them to play the show and, once again, they're doing the right thing. The boycott by the numerous organizations worked to make that change. So proud of them all!

NOT REPEALED, PANDERING NOW.  As I have said since the beginning, it was the harshness of the statement that was upsetting.

"Hope to get back to the Hoosier State someday soon, when this odious measure is repealed."

I LOL'd. :lol Too bad that folkgirl probably has him pegged, though.

Damn, I wish I could be at this show. BRAVO, Wilco!

My wife hasn't given up our 2nd ticket yet, it's yours first and Wendy's 2nd...  O and folkgirls 3rd, need to make up for the Duluth show

Here's a musician that thought the whole thing thorough instead of Wilco's "knee jerk reaction": http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=817409

"Mellencamp says he thought seriously about canceling upcoming shows in Indiana, “but then I realized that I would be letting our government divide us again, keeping me apart from my most important audience: My Indiana fans.”

:wave 

I'm glad they decided to do the concert after all.  Maybe they'll come around before state election time and do a benefit concert for whoever is going to be running against Pence.  That is if Pence runs.  He's done a few other things in this state that has been pissing people off.  SB101 just had the most publicity.  I look forward to seeing Wilco next month!

Here's a musician that thought the whole thing thorough instead of Wilco's "knee jerk reaction": http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=817409

"Mellencamp says he thought seriously about canceling upcoming shows in Indiana, “but then I realized that I would be letting our government divide us again, keeping me apart from my most important audience: My Indiana fans.”

:wave 

Where do melons go for the summer?

(wait for it)

John Cougar Melon Camp

I agree, and I do hope you'll let me buy you a beer!

I don't need to weigh in on the whole Indiana legislation thing, but I do want to say something about Wilco. 

This is a band who has proven their affection, respect, and concern for their fans for 20 years.   I believe any informed person would draw that conclusion, certainly any of us here for more than a few posts.  I cannot imagine that this cancellation was something that they took lightly.  If they (collectively, I assume) felt that the impact to their beloved fans was outweighed by impact they felt they could make by this statement, then good for them.  I respect that. 

This is still a band for their fans, and I've not seen anything from any of them which would convince me otherwise.

Now how can I turned down an offer like that? :-)

Now that Wilco is back in INdy everyone can calm the fuck down. Okay?

LouieB

sadly, the idiots will never let it go. I predict seeing smart ass comments on every Facebook post for at least a year.

You're right, Facebook will be full of snark for a long time, but I'm happy that the negativity has simmered down here on VC.