Three Most Underrated Wilco Songs?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hotel Arizona" (They played it at SS4 and he didn't forget the lyrics this time!)

"Shake it Off"

"Black Moon"

Honorable mention my all-time favorite Wilco songs Muzzle of Bees and Pot Kettle Black but I don't think they are particularly forgotten about.

Cars Can't Escape is one of the most-requested songs, so I don't know it counts as underrated.

Yes, to Country Disappeared!

How about

Blasting Fonda

When the Roses Bloom Again

I would have put Secret of the Sea in there but they finally figured out they should be playing that song regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Blood of the Lamb.

Less Than You Think (take or leave the drone, but the song and production are beautiful)

The Family Gardener (It reminds me of the film Being There, and it's got some really weird chords).

I love the Family Gardener too, and it's also reminded me of the same film. I figure he must have been going for that.

But does Minus 5 stuff count?

I mean no, but this might be an exception since Tweedy wrote it....

I mean no, but this might be an exception since Tweedy wrote it....

Lovely little tune, and by far the most Wilco-ish track on the album. Everything else is very much Minus 5 territory, but Tweedy's very familiar synth-guitar-skronk phase is in full flight on a couple of other tracks, i.e. "I'm Not Bitter".

Dash 7 (it's been played live 4 times)

Secret of the Sea (finally got to see this one in Scottsdale on 7/3) 

Shouldn't be Ashamed (saw this one in Palm Springs 2012)

It seems like the super rare gems get pulled out in Chicago so I'll have to make it a point to see Wilco on a multi-night stand in Chicago one day. 

You Satellite

Taste The Ceiling

Cold Slope

If we're going to throw in new ones I'm going to have to put in an early vote for "King of You" as underappreciated. It's already gotten the underhand in a few reviews and I love the crap out of the groove.