Pitchfork Music Fest 2015

Anyone going to this thing?  Looks like lots of bands there. Anyone been before?  Is it a nice park with room to roam and laze around under a tree, sip n Orangina? 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I'm kidding.  I hate Orangina.  Too sweet.  But a meetup would be swell.  I'll be at the Union Park Lounge.  You'll recognize me.  I'll be wearing a Wilco shirt.

I'm there selling LPs. 

If you like thousands of people in a smallish park with bands at three stages you will have a good time.  There are not many places to actually chill under a tree because there aren't that many trees.  But it's fun.

LouieB

Ok, so no trees, but that's not a deal breaker.  the lineup looks amazing-S-K, Waxahatchy, Courtney Barnett, Mac D, etc. As it gets closer to Showtime maybe we can arrange a meetups.  Anyone gone to P4K before?  Know what else to expect?  Is 45 too old for this/  Will there be "moishing" and "crowd surfing"?  is there a chill out tent or an aromatherapy tent?  How do I know when I'm dehydrated?

There are a few trees and I have attended both as a spectator and selling records (mostly the latter at this point.)  It's a good fest and it does attract a variety of ages, but mostly younger people. 

There is plenty of food and drink, although at times the lines are long and if you get sick of the crowds you can shop for posters and records.  They also have a very good first aid crew if you fall out from dehydration.  There is no moshing, but maybe the occasional crowd surf.  The areas around the stage are extremely crowded during the main acts, but if you slide up the sides you can see pretty well. There is a third stage that has more shade, but also gets crowded.  I guess the main thing is, it's crowded later in the day and you can't leave and come back. Once you are in, you have to stay.  Being in July it CAN get very hot. 

LouieB

LouieB, thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry.  Well, It's what I expected.  Fortunately I don't want to get up close.  Just hear some bands under the stars.  Main concern is the heat.  Something to think about. 

When it gets to hot (or rains) come visit me and the other vendors in the record tent.  If you go you will see that the main two stages are  pretty much out in the open (ball fields) and the third stage is in an area with more trees. There are a few trees along the ends of the park where some folks camp out but you will be shocked at what a relatively small park this fest takes place in. 

Pitchfork is an interesting fest. It bills itself as pretty cutting edge, with lots of newer and hipper groups, but every year they find older acts to feature as headliners. The inclusion this year of Wilco is a bit strange but not really that unusual.  Wilco has become a veteran act.  Makes us feel pretty old at this point.  But then considering Sleater-Kinney is also one of the headliners I think Wilco is in good company.  Last year Beck (also a veteran act at this point) tore it up.

LouieB