Wilco -- 4/23/15, Houston, TX (Bayou Music Center)

1.  Via Chicago

2.  I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

3.  One Wing

4.  Panthers

5.  Handshake Drugs

6.  Wishful Thinking

7.  Art of Almost

8.  She's a Jar

9.  I'm Always in Love

10.  At Least That's What You Said

11.  Either Way

12.  Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

13.  Secret of the Sea

14.  Heavy Metal Drummer

15.  Jesus, etc.

16.  Born Alone

17.  Impossible German

18.  Whole Love

19.  Passenger Side

20.  Forget the Flowers

21.  Chamurragh

22.  Box Full of Letters

23.  Dawned on Me

Encore:

24.  Dark Neon 

25.  Red Eyed and Blue

26.  I Got You (At the End of the Century)

Encore 2:

27.  The Thanks I Get

28.  Hoodoo Voodoo

29.  A Shot in the Arm

great show. loved how they came right out and into via chicago. no talking. just marched out and started jamming. the sound in the venue was great from where i was. lots of old and obscure mixed in with familiar sounds. a few songs i would have liked to hear but that's ok. maybe next time.

not usually one to mention merchandise but the poster design was lame and showed a total lack of creativity. after seeing what was done for the dallas show i had high expectations and was planning on picking one up. no thanks. i tried to like it but couldn't. might as well have thrown a longhorn on the rocket to give that real texas feel.

all in all it was a great show. i'm wishing i could do it all over again.

not usually one to mention merchandise but the poster design was lame and showed a total lack of creativity. after seeing what was done for the dallas show i had high expectations and was planning on picking one up. no thanks. i tried to like it but couldn't. might as well have thrown a longhorn on the rocket to give that real texas feel.

all in all it was a great show. i'm wishing i could do it all over again.

Haha, as a long time gigposter collector, the poster was going to be one of the larger reasons why I went to the show (big Wilson fan, too, but just old!). I didn't go. Not to be sour grapes, but that's interesting that the design was lame. I can't find any information on who did the Houston design. Who did?

Solid show. Was a bit worried about the crowd at first. Sitting until the crashing section of via. Then up the rest of the show! Which was great. Good mix of tunes.

Hootenanny was the "green" portion of the set using less energy. Watching mikael on A Shot's conclusion was so amusing (the typical pillow to the keys section)!

My first time seeing Panthers and Camera!

Jeff commented on it being ten years to the day they played the same venue. How often does that happen?!

There is a shirt for sale with Spring tour dates on the back. Also a cool shirt with a lion on it. Not sure if that one is in the store.

Royal thunder was pretty terrible.

Great show. 2/3 new songs from Dallas. A couple of songs shorter but the length was similar. The crowd was great, all but the first few rows were standing the whole time. Jeff had a funny interaction with a fan. He was telling a story about one of his acoustic guitars named Bob and how he did not take Bob on the tour they did with Dylan last year. Someone yelled that Wilco was better than Dylan, Jeff suggested they buy a few Dylan albums...

I thought the poster was a cool space city theme.

Agree about opener. 

Despite my concerns about the crowd it was a damn fine show. Third row center, was the closest I have been to Wilco since the gig at Antones in Austin in 1999. We ended up standing during Via Chicago and never sat down (despite a couple pleas from people behind to sit down). Not quite the set list of their October 2013 show at Stubbs (that was one for the ages) but was nice to hear some rarities nometheess. Jeff was quite talkative including remarks about how often they have played Heavy Metal Drummer and Jesus Etc. He also had a great line questioning why they set up Glenn's gong, despite it never being played. Enjoyed the hootenanny close, but would love to see Pat add the banjo to some tunes in the regular set. Not sure If they have played New Madrid with Pat on Banjo, but that would be killer.

i was in the front center section on the right facing the stage. our side and the rows behind us stood the entire show. towards the middle and left they just chilled. to each their own but i was there to have a good time and can't imagine being that close and sitting on your butt. security was nice. got on to my 11 year old once for leaning on the stage but was nice about it. 

the space city thing is overplayed and it was done without much thought. a cartoon like rocket does not show much creativity. either way the show was great. i was just hoping to grab a piece to hang on the wall. 

the shirts all looked like stuff you can buy on the store (the owl, the tour shirt only difference is it is gray) with the exception of the one shirt with a dog or wolf on the front nothing on the back.

Royal thunder was pretty terrible.

That's what I was afraid of... now I have to decide whether to suffer a bad act in order to get close for GA or avoid the terrible opener and risk being farther back for Wilco than I want.

Despite my concerns about the crowd it was a damn fine show. Third row center, was the closest I have been to Wilco since the gig at Antones in Austin in 1999. We ended up standing during Via Chicago and never sat down (despite a couple pleas from people behind to sit down). Not quite the set list of their October 2013 show at Stubbs (that was one for the ages) but was nice to hear some rarities nometheess. Jeff was quite talkative including remarks about how often they have played Heavy Metal Drummer and Jesus Etc. He also had a great line questioning why they set up Glenn's gong, despite it never being played. Enjoyed the hootenanny close, but would love to see Pat add the banjo to some tunes in the regular set. Not sure If they have played New Madrid with Pat on Banjo, but that would be killer.

You must have been right in front of us. We were row D, 14-16. Most people to our left stayed seated. Everyone in front and to the right of us stood.

That's what I was afraid of... now I have to decide whether to suffer a bad act in order to get close for GA or avoid the terrible opener and risk being farther back for Wilco than I want.

Ear plugs. :lol

Here is the setlist off the Facebook page in a somewhat-easier-to-read format. (No disrespect to Atticus, who I appreciate for posting the list to begin with).

01 - Via Chicago

02 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

03 - One Wing

04 - Panthers

05 - Handshake Drugs

06 - Wishful Thinking

07 - Art of Almost

08 - She's a Jar

09 - I'm Always In Love

10 - At Least That's What You Said

11 - Either Way

12 - Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

13 - Secrets of the Sea

14 - Heavy Metal Drummer

15 - Jesus, Etc.

16 - Born Alone

17 - Impossible Germany

18 - Whole Love

19 - Passenger Side

20 - Forget the Flowers

21 - Camera

22 - Box Full of Letters

23 - Dawned On Me

Encore:

24 - Dark Neon

25 - Red Eyed and Blue

26 - I Got You (At the End of the Century)

Encore:

27 - The Thanks I Get

28 - Hoodoo Voodoo

29 - A Shot in the Arm

There was some vynal. As to the line. There were three cash registers. We went to look to see what was available.  There was a long long long line in the center, saw a guy on the left, didn't look like there was anyone behind him asked if he was the end of the line, he said yes. We got behing him and onlt had a few people in fornt of us. No one even gave us an evil eye. To top it off when we got to the front we found two dollars on the floor! Paid for a sticker which is $4 on the website.

Also did anyone hear the guy yell Shut the F** Up to a chatty female? It was right before Jeff asked if everything was all right?  She was right next to me. Her date was a fan knew all the words when she left (which thankfully was quite often drinks bathroom,etc..) he was a perfect fan, when she came back he morphed into a loud mouth bro dude. After the shout out, they both behaved...

They had some vinyl at the merch table. At least one wilco record (BT?) and an Autumn Defense as well. The table had a seriously long line.

No cowbell on HV :(

They were also selling the Nels and Julian Lage "Room" vinyl (which I backed on Pledge Music and still haven't gotten my copy!)

And I think it's been determined that the hootenanny Hoodoo doesn't need cowbell (go ahead and insert "more cowbell" joke here). The Nels/Pat dobro/banjo duel was pretty excellent, though!