Yet Another Top 10 Wilco Songs List

Not a single song off of Being There or A.M., and only one off of Summerteeth? I would say the guy is nuts, but then the site is called rocknuts.net, so I guess that takes care of that.

He's right, though, in calling Jeff one of the great rock songwriters of all time.

Not a single song off of Being There or A.M., and only one off of Summerteeth? I would say the guy is nuts, but then the site is called rocknuts.net, so I guess that takes care of that.

He's right, though, in calling Jeff one of the great rock songwriters of all time.

It's tough because Wilco has so many of what I consider essential songs.

Just a quick look through their catalog and I'd have a hard time leaving off songs like

Misunderstood

Via Chicago

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

"Jeff Tweedy has grown into one of the great rock songwriters of all time.

I’d put him right up there in the hallowed “second tier” alongside guys like Pete Townshend and Ray Davies."

Wrong,  I'd put him right up there in the hallowed first tier, alongside guys like Bob Dylan and Neil Young. 

"But Wilco is a musical collective, and Tweedy has surrounded himself with some of the best rock musicians playing today, in particular drummer Glenn Kotche and lead guitarist Nels Cline. In my eyes there’s nobody better today than these two."

Don't know I can say that about Nels since there's such a wide variety of guitar styles its hard for me to compare (Derek Trucks comes to mind immediately), but certainly for the style in which he plays, Nels is right up there.  Absolutely agree about Glenn.

"Add it all up and you get some spectacular music."

No doubt.

obviously some guy that jumped on the YHF bandwagon. dont know where they heard Shot in the arm from!. i agree that Misunderstood, Sunken treasure and VC are glaring omissions. Box full of letters needs a mention as being the introductory song of theirs to the world