Shortest Distance/Longest distance for a Wilco/Jeff show?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.53 miles = Jeff Tweedy at the Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY December 2010

1025.22 miles = Wilco at St. Augustine Amphitheater, May 2015

Shortest 20 miles to Popejoy Hall in Albuquerque

Longest ~2400 miles to N. Adams

The nice thing after reading through this thread is that Wilco continues to remain accessible to the people by playing medium and even small venues and markets,  So many bands with the popularity of Wilco just skip backwater spots and play the major cities.

I have seen them 4 times since 2002.

Twice at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, once at Tampa Theater and once at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater.

So the shortest distance was Ruth Eckerd at 42.1 miles

The longest was Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center at 53.8 miles.

Actually, the difference between Tampa Theater and the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Centre is only .2 of a mile.

But at Tampa Theater I was in the back of the venue near the soundboard, and once at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center I was at the edge of the stage, so I guess that's the furthest I traveled.

The second time at TBAC I was in the nosebleed seats, so that might have been the second shortest....

But at Tampa Theater I was in the back of the venue near the soundboard, and once at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center I was at the edge of the stage, so I guess that's the furthest I traveled.

I like your attention to detail :thumbup

Bear in mind I live in Melbourne, Australia...

Current longest: Auckland, NZ in 2013 - 1,640 miles

Soon to be longest: Solid Sound Festival in a few weeks time, 10473 miles

What do I win? :)

If I was at solid sound this year I would have bought you a beer! :stunned

Shortest: 4 block walk from my office to the Civic Opera House in Chicago (Nick Lowe opened)

Longest: 322 miles to the Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, Iowa (John Doe opened)

Shortest: 4 block walk from my office to the Civic Opera House in Chicago (Nick Lowe opened)

Longest: 322 miles to the Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, Iowa (John Doe opened)

Was the John Doe show in '08? I skipped that one coming so shortly after the Winter Residency.

I guess the closest I've seen them would be Los Angeles, 60 miles away, and the furthest I've traveled to see them would be Paris, France, 5,620 miles. That was a terrific Paris show, and they played my request, Wishful Thinking. Good memories!  :love

Shortest: a couple of miles to the Vic or the Riviera.

Longest: 2150 miles to the Fillmore, San Francisco 

Way to go Paris, France!!  That must be an amazing story...

My likelihood for an International Wilco show travel destinations are Ottawa, Ont or maybe Vancouver, BC. And both locales are great!!

Bear in mind I live in Melbourne, Australia...

Current longest: Auckland, NZ in 2013 - 1,640 miles

Soon to be longest: Solid Sound Festival in a few weeks time, 10473 miles

What do I win? :)

Not so fast to the title my friend. WHERE in melbourne? Because I too am a melbournian who has done the solid sound journey. Guess we can call it a tie? ;)

I've also seen them in Norway, Finland, Swedon and NZ. Hey when they don't come to you very often you make the effort to go them. Ahhh those were there days. Now I have kids and I will be lucky to make the melbourne shows! Last tour I flew to Sydney with my then 1yo and pregnant with #2. Flying back the next day after the concert I blacked out on the plane and woke up with an oxygen mask on and my daughter no where to be seen (soon found an aisle behind). Despite that experience I will still try for more than the melbourne shows next time.

You will love it :)

Uncool: Yes, 2008.  I got shut-out on Winter Residency tickets.  It was a great show and John Doe was stellar -- he closed with an other-worldly version of "Gimme Shelter."   

Longest:

875 mile to Portland, Or from Cambria, CA ---- with 2 young kids - Grandma/Babysitter in Portland.

Shortest:

Same trip - Grandma's/Babysitter's house to Roseland Ballroom - 7 blocks

Long drive. Short walk.

Great show! Second row right behind Sarah C who provided the photos posted on the web.

Forgot to say thank you back then (2004). 

Thank you.

Not so fast to the title my friend. WHERE in melbourne? Because I too am a melbournian who has done the solid sound journey. Guess we can call it a tie? ;)

I've also seen them in Norway, Finland, Swedon and NZ. Hey when they don't come to you very often you make the effort to go them. Ahhh those were there days. Now I have kids and I will be lucky to make the melbourne shows! Last tour I flew to Sydney with my then 1yo and pregnant with #2. Flying back the next day after the concert I blacked out on the plane and woke up with an oxygen mask on and my daughter no where to be seen (soon found an aisle behind). Despite that experience I will still try for more than the melbourne shows next time.

You will love it :)

I'm in Elsternwick, so if you're further west then you win :) I can only lay claim to seeing them in NZ outside of Australia to this point, so you win the total number of km travelled :) Really can't wait!!