Shortest Distance/Longest distance for a Wilco/Jeff show?

I'm in Elsternwick, so if you're further west then you win :) I can only lay claim to seeing them in NZ outside of Australia to this point, so you win the total number of km travelled :) Really can't wait!!

I owe both you and Wise Enough both a beer next time you catch them in the NYC area...what dedication! I am impressed..the power of Wilco!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owe both you and Wise Enough both a beer next time you catch them in the NYC area...what dedication! I am impressed..the power of Wilco!

I shall claim it at Solid Sound 2030 :). Maybe I will like beer by then.

Eky I'm out west in Bacchus Marsh, but I'm sure we can call it a draw.

Okay I'll bite. I don't travel much to see Wilco/Tweedy so the furthest I have gone is from Chicago to Ashville NC or maybe the North Hampton/Pines gig.  Didn't Google map it. The shortest was to see Jeff and Jay Bennett play the Folk and Roots Fest in Wells Park, which is maybe 1.5 or 2 miles from my house. 

LouieB

A lot of you are lucky! I'm pretty sure Wilco will never play in south central Pennsylvania.

Shortest: Merriweather Post Pavilion (90 minutes)

Longest: UIC Pavilion, Chicago (11ish hours from where I was living then, if I remember correctly)

I also once drove 16 hours to Columbia, MO, to see the Nels Cline Singers.

A lot of you are lucky! I'm pretty sure Wilco will never play in south central Pennsylvania.

Shortest: Merriweather Post Pavilion (90 minutes)

Longest: UIC Pavilion, Chicago (11ish hours from where I was living then, if I remember correctly)

I also once drove 16 hours to Columbia, MO, to see the Nels Cline Singers.

They have played State College I know that much...where in PA are you? I went to Penn State for 4 years and traveled everywhere to see shows..I have seen shows at Franklin and Marshall , Bucknell, Lock Haven etc

I'm outside of Harrisburg. I actually teach at the Penn State campus here. I was off at grad school when they were playing the colleges here--and it figures that they played Tallahassee right after I left and Jeff played a 5 minute walk from where I used to live in Ithaca last fall and Nels is playing there in the fall. If I move, they'll probably play here next!

I'm outside of Harrisburg. I actually teach at the Penn State campus here. I was off at grad school when they were playing the colleges here--and it figures that they played Tallahassee right after I left and Jeff played a 5 minute walk from where I used to live in Ithaca last fall and Nels is playing there in the fall. If I move, they'll probably play here next!

Ha yeah I hear ya. When they toured for Summerteeth they played the Metro in Pittsburgh. Would have went however was 21+ and I was only 19 :upset

You missed a great show in Tally, sadly. I couldn't believe they have only come to Tally twice, ever (at least according to Wilcobase) - especially after the last show as the fans (and not really the students, there were plenty of us there since the concert was free to students, but I was mostly with adult Wilco fans up front in the 'pit') were SO SO SO into it and hungry for Wilco.

Incidentally I was watching a documentary about the recent Penn St...issues, and they play "Country Disappeared" in the beginning.