VC Meet-Up Table at Solid Sound #4

Hello all, :wave

As promised, we will be commandeering a table at SSF to use as a meet-up place. Those of you who have been to previous SSF's will have no trouble understanding the location of this table, but I'll describe it for the first-timers.

As you enter the festival grounds, you will go through the Mass MoCA giftshop. You will be funneled through and will exit the giftshop by crossing a little bridge over a canal. Once you have crossed that bridge, you will be on a big deck where there are tables and chairs, and food & drink are available here. (Also ice cream; don't forget the ice cream! :eat) This big deck is where our table will be. For reference, newbies, this deck overlooks Courtyard C and its stage.

The "deck" is large but it's not enormous, and you shouldn't have any trouble spotting our table. That's because it will be marked by about half of one of those pool toys called "Fun Noodles".

Fun noodle:

pool-noodles.jpg

The piece of Fun Noodle in question is about 3-4 ft. long and bears the letters VC toward its top. It has a base so that it will stand upright in the center of the table. So look for a purple fun noodle labelled VC standing upright in the middle of a table. Simplicity itself, yes?

Be there or be less debonair! Please come and say hello. It's the least you can do after I've dulled my good electric knife making this table marker!

See you all so very soon! :banana

Admittedly a bit shy at the last SS, since then it's been my great fortune to have connected with a handful of VCer's at subsequent gatherings (hi DianeVinceSarahMattArleneSandy and more!).

Don't be shy folks, as our friend Tom Waits says, "Step Right Up". By all accounts, you guys are are swell!

Looking forward to a fantastic weekend- we're lighting out Monday morning to spend some time in the fabulous Berkshires-treetop adventure parks, zip-lining, mountain rollercoasters, great food, swimming holes and sightseeing prior to SSIV.

Safe travels to all- I believe we are in store for a magical weekend!

me toosue. kidsmoke (fixed it, D)

sarah - you're emojis are forcing me to turn the Telluride couch tour off and jam to live Wilco.

Thank you!

Looking forward to the VC 'oasis' table once again!

Was great to take a break from the galleries and courtyard shows to have a welcoming VC table outside on the deck. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet additional VC'rs. Last time it was ice cream, beef jerky and Lagunitas' Wilco Tango Foxtrot!

Hola!

It's gonna be my first Solid Sound experience!!!

It's good to know that there's a meet-up place for VC people.

Though I haven't checked much on here lately and hardly post anything at all, it will be fun to come by and meet some of you!

Cheers,

Cristina

Looking forward to the VC 'oasis' table once again!

Was great to take a break from the galleries and courtyard shows to have a welcoming VC table outside on the deck. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet additional VC'rs. Last time it was ice cream, beef jerky and Lagunitas' Wilco Tango Foxtrot!

Lagunitas and Wilco, two of my favorite things.

I remember a meet up table at SS3. By the time I got to the deck, the sign was still there, but alas, no VCers. Hoping to swing by in a timely fashion this time.

Hopefully we'll get there early and set up a table, but obviously we're all there to enjoy the festival so the table will not be continuously manned. I'm thinking it will be sort of like a base camp, and anyone who needs a sit down break can become the VC greeter-in-residence.

Maybe leave some kind of visitor book so we can at least leave a note if we stop by and there's no-one home?

Sounds like a great idea. I'll throw something in my suitcase. Because I'M PACKING NOW!! Yay!!