• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your unwavering dedication in these threads, Aman. SEVEN GD threads so far - I think that means were over 350 pages of talk about the band! I should print em all out and read the thing like a book. God knows what I've said in these pages. LOL

I just noticed the other one was getting up there. 

I read somewhere today that Youtube is also streaming the upcoming shows.

Speaking of books - I gave away my reprint of the The GD Family Album the other day. I could hardly read the thing - even with glasses on. I hope to get a first edition by way of Ebay or somewhere. I would say I wonder why they shrunk the reprint. But I suppose it has to do with money.

Toss up between taking the as-yet started So Many Roads book by David Browne or finishing Sam Cutler's book on trip to Dominican Republic tonight. So Many Roads is heavier (physically) and hardback vs. the soft-covered Cutler read. Wonder if I can catch streams of Levi Stadium this weekend, too, down there....

I recently ordered some more rock music books. Apparently - someone took them or they never really got delivered. Amazon was nice enough to give me a refund. I will probably get that new Blair Jackson/David Gans book when it comes out this year.

Thanks for your unwavering dedication in these threads, Aman. SEVEN GD threads so far - I think that means were over 350 pages of talk about the band! I should print em all out and read the thing like a book. God knows what I've said in these pages. LOL

Yes- many thanks- i don't believe I've missed a post since I joined VC and look forward to everyone's contributions on a too- current basis. Much appreciated!

Toss up between taking the as-yet started So Many Roads book by David Browne or finishing Sam Cutler's book on trip to Dominican Republic tonight. So Many Roads is heavier (physically) and hardback vs. the soft-covered Cutler read. Wonder if I can catch streams of Levi Stadium this weekend, too, down there....

I really need to get both of those books. I've been slackin'. 

Speaking of books...

http://jerrygarcia.com/jerry-on-jerry-the-unpublished-jerry-garcia-interviews-to-be-published-this-fall/

Jerry on Jerry, an unparalleled collection of candid interviews with Jerry Garcia conducted by Dennis McNally, is due to be released this November by J.P. Leventhal, publisher of Black Dog & Leventhal, an imprint of Hachette Books. The book will be available in hardcover, eBook and a special audio edition from Hachette Audio, featuring more than eight hours of the original audio recordings covering Jerry’s thoughts on religion, politics, his personal life, and his creative process. Trixie Garcia will provide a personal foreword to the book.

Jerry-on-Jerry-2-277x360.jpg

Ooooh that could be good. Even if it's things I might have already known/read somewhere it would be nice to have it all collected in one place.

Bumping for new thread....

Haven't been posting much but still always a lurker, especially this thread & anywhere KevinG & Hixter are battling....

Anyways, for any interested NYC area fans the place I tend bar in the Lower East Side will be showing all five Dead shows.

110" HD Projector - Surround Sound

No Cover

Drink specials all night

Subject

188 Suffolk St

646-422-7898

https://www.facebook...19370864957045/

We've been doing Phish webcasts for the last two years & the response has been great.

Cheers all...to those attending have a blast!!!

Grateful Dead - May 7, 1972
Bickershaw Festival - Wigan, England

Recording Info:
SBD -> Master Reel (10 inch - 1/2 track) -> Dat/48k

Transfer Info:
Dat -> Sound Devices 744T -> Samplitude Professional v11.2.1 -> FLAC/48k
(1 DVD FLAC)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
June 22, 2015

Notes:
-- This is from Betty's recording mix

Set 1:
s1t01 - Truckin'
s1t02 - Sugaree
s1t03 - Mr. Charlie
s1t04 - Beat It On Down The Line
s1t05 - He's Gone
s1t06 - Chinatown Shuffle
s1t07 - China Cat Sunflower ->
s1t08 - I Know You Rider
s1t09 - Black Throated Wind
s1t10 - Next Time You See Me
s1t11 - "Happy Birthday Billy"
s1t12 - Playing In The Band
s1t13 - Tennessee Jed

First set only...still - betty mixes are better (imho) than straight up sbds....

Listed to 9-17-1982 second set yet again...purely ephemeral...

I think someone asked about that over there. The Europe '72 shows were multi-track recorded (16 track - if I recall correctly). The Betty Boards are 2-track (open face reel-reel) recordings. Of course, we all know that. 

I'm going to buy the webcast for tomorrow night.  I'm too curious.  BTW, aren't they jumping the gun with the Blue-Ray release?  Seriously, what if the shows really blow or if there's lots of technical problems.  Just some thoughts.

Finally got my Chicago tickets in the mail - must admit I was sweating a bit.

Looking forward to tonight. Bunch of family coming over - grilling, bunch of rug rats running around - should be a hoot.

You can also stream from youtube, nugs.net, and pay per view on most cable providers. Not sure of the price difference amongst carriers, think some are HD some SD. I pre-ordered all 5 nights a while back for $80, seems pretty worthwhile to me.

Getting antsy. Opener predictions:

Playin

They Love Eachother

Dark Star

Stranger

Fuck it: Mind Left Body Jam

You can also stream from youtube, nugs.net, and pay per view on most cable providers. Not sure of the price difference amongst carriers, think some are HD some SD. I pre-ordered all 5 nights a while back for $80, seems pretty worthwhile to me.

Playin

They Love Eachother

Dark Star

Stranger

I'm thinking they'll play it pretty safe tonight, unless the buzz is in the air.  

Openers:

Bucket

Touch

Jam>Shakedown

Last encore of the entire of the run will be Brokedown>Bid You Goodnight

Playin

They Love Eachother

Dark Star

Stranger

I think that cable providers only have access to broadcast the Chicago shows. The CA shows are Internet-only.

Other than the UJB - I thought it sounded okay. Hopefully Lesh will give the lead vocals a rest in the 2nd set. With Trey and Bruce up there, not sure why he is singing any lead vocals. Trey seemed tentative at first, but warmed up as the 1st set went on. Bruce needs to be a little higher in the mix. Nice harmonizing throughout, too.

The show did have a good mellow vibe to it.  However, it was less than stellar and (mostly) a train wreck.  I could write an essay about it all.  One thing I'll drop is that many times during the show I forgot Hornsby was there.

I'd love to see Russo, Phil, Bob and Bruce play some theater shows with a tight setlist.

Don't know how long this will stay up -

GD (6/27/2015 1st Set)

SET 1 Truckin’ Uncle John’s Band Alligator > Cumberland Blues Born Cross Eyed Cream Puff War (Trey singing) Viola Lee Blues
SET 2 Cryptical> Dark Star> St. Stephen> The Eleven> Lovelight> Drums> What’s Become of the Baby> Space> Other One> Morning Dew
E. Casey Jones (Bruce Hornsby singing)