Dave's Picks 2016 subscription announced.  I bought the subscription for the first time.  DP 17 will be the Fresno July 19 '74 show, another '74 monster wall of sound show.

http://www.dead.net/almanac?cmpid=dn/2015November3/AlmanacIsHere-main-image-1&eml=2015November3/2862202/6131962&etsubid=27625223

awesome. Thank you. I signed up for the first time too. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys won't regret it. #16 should be in the mail anyday now, and #17 is a killer.

Based on the YouTube videos of the current tour, and what I've read here. I am thinking of hitting the Worcester show as well.

Anyone else in ?

I just did the same on Monday. Looks too good to pass up. Got a single in section 124. Let me know what you end up doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate going to the Centrum any time of year. Always traffic heading from Boston, and it's always packed inside trying to move around the perimeter promenade. I hate that Phish always plays there. And yes, I still call it the Centrum (just like I call the summer shed Great Woods whatever they call it now, and same with Harborlights). I can't keep up with all these name changes.

I know someone who won some of those free tickets to one of the upcoming shows today. He was already planning on going to one show - so now he can go to two shows. He's a fan of John Mayer and The GD so I am glad to see he got the tickets.

truckin up to the the cap to see phil on 11/6 and 11/7.

was curious about dead and co show  THU 11/5 in philly - on the way- looks like GA floor tix are readily available- same for FRI 11/6 in DC.

Kinda, but not really surprised... think the tour ticket sales are that weak?? Should i roll into philly for a $20 dead and company appetizer before i relish the steak in NY (see what i did there)?

I'll be happy to report back on the shows!

will not be reporting from philly, sadly.

not in the budget- once the face floor seats dried up (due to tour buzz, chaaaa),1/2 day  hotels were not price copacetic (it's a shame).

I beat myself up watching mostly excellent youtube shots all weekend.

2 nights at the cap with Phil and friends on FRISAT is no small consolation prize, so no complaints.

I appreciate the cheering - you know who you are.

I hate going to the Centrum any time of year. Always traffic heading from Boston, and it's always packed inside trying to move around the perimeter promenade. I hate that Phish always plays there. And yes, I still call it the Centrum (just like I call the summer shed Great Woods whatever they call it now, and same with Harborlights). I can't keep up with all these name changes.

The old Centrum was a pit. Saw some really good shows there (a Terrapin 2nd set opener in 84 comes to mind). I remember big metal barrels with fires in them by the RxR tracks to keep warm by, too....

Dave's Picks 16. Got it in the mail yesterday. Good stuff. 

There's a few audio hiccups in the opener: Cumberland Blues, but they settle in quickly. Great show so far (I'm only about 1/2 way through the first set - this show has 30 songs!) I love the supplemental newspaper coverage included in the liner notes - especially the bit of the cops thwarting some dudes tying a chain from the arena's backdoor to a car - perhaps a young Navin Johnson trying to prevent some robbers from getting away?

Got mine yesterday. Listening today. Halfway thru disc 2, into second set. Loving it, but then again I'm a sucker for '73 Dead, my single favorite year of their music. Going to leave disc 3 for a late night burn under the headphones. Like the Jerry bust in NJ story in McNally's liner notes. Never heard that one before. And at the end where he writes how Cutler called John Scher to bail him out. My daugter is good friends with Scher's daughter, and I grew up going to Scher produced shows in the NY/NJ area, so I get a big kick out of that. Sounds real good for the original 2track, except McNally is right, piano is way down in the mix.

Yep and yes it was in today's mail. Looking forward to it.

Still nothing in the mail for me. Sigh. Hopefully it will be today (Saturday).

Still nothing in the mail for me. Sigh. Hopefully it will be today (Saturday).

It seems to be moving very slowly east - I'm ever so slightly east of Winston and you are just to the east of us - so tomorrow should be your day - enjoy!

You sure you wouldn't rather get this?

I just bought that sweater! Yes - I finally have an awesome holiday sweater!!!

I just bought mine, thanks!  :thumbup

Oteil Burbridge on Dead & Co.:

http://liveforlivemusic.com/features/dead-companys-oteil-burbridge-shares-his-grateful-dead-john-mayer-experiences/

Amazingly, I won tickets in the Amex contest for tonight's MSG show.  It has been a very long time since I have been to a show with Billy and Mickey onstage.

Keeping the expectations reasonable but it should be a good time!