• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you think we'll see the first roadcase for sale with the new songs in the set list?

Anybody's guess...but... I think they'll wait until after the album is officially released (August 27th)...they had pre-orders for the first two Tweedy Roadcase shows up, but ended up not releasing them until after the album came out... by the end of August they'll have had more than a dozen shows under their belt since Pitchfork & I'm hoping we'll get at least one electric show with a full "Star Wars" & now I'm hoping that we get that San Francisco all-acoustic show with the 9 unplugged "Star Wars" songs.

I'm also hoping that if they do a nice three show run again in the NYC area (Capitol Theater or wherever else), that maybe they'll do two electric & one all-acoustic. As much as I loved them doing it at Solid Sound... I think the all-acoustic format tends to work a bit better in smaller venue situations... farther off track, personally I'd also love to see them return to the "all-request/all covers" show possibility for Solid Sound 2017 (it's be the first one in 4 years by then!)!!!

farther off track, personally I'd also love to see them return to the "all-request/all covers" show possibility for Solid Sound 2017 (it's be the first one in 4 years by then!)!!!

I heard "Stuck in the Middle with You" last night and the vocals reminded me of Jeff. On the nasal side, a little twangy, similar pitch. That would be a fun one to hear them cover! But the downside would be we'd all have this disturbing image of John cutting off Pat's ear.

I heard "Stuck in the Middle with You" last night and the vocals reminded me of Jeff. On the nasal side, a little twangy, similar pitch. That would be a fun one to hear them cover! But the downside would be we'd all have this disturbing image of John cutting off Pat's ear.

Funny, last night, I heard an old (late 70's) bootleg recording of Jackson Browne's "For Everyman" and it reminded me of Wilco - thought they would do a good job of covering it.

As many of you have probably already heard, but just in case you haven't... Wilco played an all-acoustic show last night for about 500 people at The Independent in San Francisco- including playing 9 songs off of "Star Wars", unplugged style. I think "Less Than You Think" & "Bob Dylan's 49th Beard" are also new editions (acoustic style) & additions to the list of songs that are getting the hootenanny style treatment here on the 20th Anniversary/"Star Wars" touring...not to mention "Wasn't Born To Follow"!!

I really hope we end up with a Roadcase show from it...but... until then, this just appeared in the "After The Show" thread about the show courtesy of "leatherman" Enjoy!!

Does anyone know how to get these files into iTunes? The files for the Pitchfork show went into my iTunes (as most such downloads do for me) just fine, but iTunes isn't reading these. Any ideas anyone? Love to be able to burn a CD with both the live electric & live acoustic versions of the SW songs...

http://we.tl/fYwsdV09tf

Does anyone know how to get these files into iTunes? The files for the Pitchfork show went into my iTunes (as most such downloads do for me) just fine, but iTunes isn't reading these. Any ideas anyone? Love to be able to burn a CD with both the live electric & live acoustic versions of the SW songs...

http://we.tl/fYwsdV09tf

I think it's because they're FLAC files, not mp3. No matter how many times I try to convert them into mp3s so I can import them into iTunes, I hit some stumbling block and can't do it.

I know tapers often won't convert their FLAC files into mp3 format because you lose some degree of fidelity, but grrr, it's so frustrating.

I use XAct (X Audio Compression Toolkit) for file conversions and it's relatively easy. The icon is a musical note with a hairy looking someone. Simply enter the FLAC files into the Decode portion and you can choose whether you want them to come out as .AIFF or .WAV.

An issue that I ran into for some U2 shows this year was when I tried to transfer all the files at once and it wouldn't let me, so I had to do them one at a time. But to save some time I had them wind up on my desktop for easy retrieval. 

PM me if you have issues. I'm sure that there's a better program out there that actually converts them into mp3. 

Edit: I just transferred these right now without any issues on my Mac. 

I've used dBpoweramp Music Converter for years, but I'm not sure if there's a freeware version of it anymore.

I have gotten into the habit of creating a "Mp3 Versions" folder that I keep in every concert I download so that I can play it on my IPod.

I usually convert the Flac files to 320 kbps bit rate Mp3's and they sound fine.

I've used dBpoweramp Music Converter for years, but I'm not sure if there's a freeware version of it anymore.

I have gotten into the habit of creating a "Mp3 Versions" folder that I keep in every concert I download so that I can play it on my IPod.

I usually convert the Flac files to 320 kbps bit rate Mp3's and they sound fine.

Yeah, I don't think I'm sufficiently discerning. Or the fact that 90% of the time I'm listening to music it's through my iPod.

But I'm going to give the FLAC converter stuff another try.

And, once again, another download of another show, from another Festival, featuring a performance of the complete "Star Wars" album... this time courtesy of the good, nay great, Col. Hapablap, here's the video of Wilco at The Outside Lands Fest!! Enjoy

But I'm going to give the FLAC converter stuff another try.

For many years, I've used 'Flac to MP3 converter', d/l here: http://free-audio-converter.net/

I use XAct (X Audio Compression Toolkit) for file conversions and it's relatively easy. The icon is a musical note with a hairy looking someone. Simply enter the FLAC files into the Decode portion and you can choose whether you want them to come out as .AIFF or .WAV.

An issue that I ran into for some U2 shows this year was when I tried to transfer all the files at once and it wouldn't let me, so I had to do them one at a time. But to save some time I had them wind up on my desktop for easy retrieval. 

PM me if you have issues. I'm sure that there's a better program out there that actually converts them into mp3. 

Edit: I just transferred these right now without any issues on my Mac. 

I use XAct as well - and find it to be fairly simple and straightforward.  Just make sure you know where it's placing the converted files...

Once you import the .AIFF or .WAV files into Itunes, you can save a lot of hard drive space by copying them to MP3's via Itunes (just right click, follow icon..), then removing the AIFF or WAV files and throwing out the FLAC's you downloaded.

Somewhere, a Lossless adherent is reaching his arm back to slap me for this post...

Any news on who is winning the weekly pre-order contest drawings?

I see on the store site they announced the first winner, but not who would have won on 08/06/15.

Also haven't heard anyone here telling us that they are a winner.

Any news on who is winning the weekly pre-order contest drawings?

I see on the store site they announced the first winner, but not who would have won on 08/06/15.

Also haven't heard anyone here telling us that they are a winner.

July 30th Winner: David Thoren (An undeveloped disposable camera from Wilco)

August 6th Winner: David Traviesa (Signed test pressing of Star Wars)

August 13th Winner: Adam Gray (Tickets to any 2015 headlining show + Preorder Tee + Print)

August 13th Winner: Adam Gray (Tickets to any 2015 headlining show + Preorder Tee + Print)

Two David T's - but not this David T.

I figure I've got no chance now, no way they draw a third David T.

Scandalous! Where are the women?

I can't believe there have been NO interviews for this album yet. I'm starting to think the whole release was about skipping all of the things they didn't like about releasing a record, and having the same conversation with a dozen journalists was one of them.