• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there have been NO interviews for this album yet. I'm starting to think the whole release was about skipping all of the things they didn't like about releasing a record, and having the same conversation with a dozen journalists was one of them.

There is an interview in the latest Rolling Stone (with Dre/Cube on cover). Short and sweet. Good stuff.

Here's the Rolling Stone interview:

Jeff Tweedy Doesn’t Even Like Star Wars (The Movie)

http://www.stereogum.com/1824776/jeff-tweedy-doesnt-even-like-star-wars-the-movie/news/

"As far as how the next Wilco record will work, it’s definitely been affected by recent struggles in Tweedy’s life. His wife was diagnosed with cancer and his brother died in 2013. Both events affected his songwriting, and he said another new Wilco album is half finished."

What the what?! 

NEW ALBUM?!?!

lpdcIDS.jpg

And Jeff Tweedy doesn't like Star Wars? The hell?! I've never heard of someone not liking Star Wars. It's like saying you don't like sunshine, puppies, or ice cream. I mean, the prequels, sure... 

artists saying the next album is already half done is one of the most overused gimmicks of the album promo cycle. i dont even remember a followup ever coming out as quickly as these kinds of interviews always promise

Definitely. Queens of the Stone Age said that crap last time they had an album out and they have clearly lied. Modest Mouse said that too. They said next one would be out "as fast as humanly possible" then a guy at the label came out and said "not any earlier than 2016 it won't"

Also, I can't stand Star Wars, so I'm glad JT and I have that in common.

Yay a story! Thanks! The most surprising thing- and I love to read about their process- is that people recorded their parts in overdubs piecemeal. It sounds like such a live performance, jam album. I suppose some of that comes with members being new to the songs and reacting while the tape is rolling.

Yesterday my 7-year-old kept trying to get our Amazon Echo to play music from Star Wars, the movie.  Each of his voice requests ended with the Echo playing "EKG," much to my boy's chagrin.  I was in the office, cracking up.

Yesterday my 7-year-old kept trying to get our Amazon Echo to play music from Star Wars, the movie.  Each of his voice requests ended with the Echo playing "EKG," much to my boy's chagrin.  I was in the office, cracking up.

:lol :lol :lol

I wonder how much of Star Wars was actually the second TWEEDY album that had been described as already being in the can. Taste The Ceiling certainly seems like a good bet.

I'm hoping for further confounding of the established marketing strategies by having a seond Wilco album appear before Christmas :badger

Has anyone ordered / received already Star Wars from their website? I got mine in yesterday after I forgot I had ordered it. If you did, it should arrive any day now. I know some don't care for Kung Fu but they've always got stuff to me early. Their shipping cost seems to be a major sticking point for most. Eh, if I didn't want it I wouldn't order it. They usually draw me a dinosaur on my bill if I ask nicely too. So I've got that going for me.

Haha! We have our Echo tucked behind the TV. The commercials they're showing for it now turn it on.

I'm just so happy to finally have the cat painting mystery solved. And even more happy with the randomness of the answer.

Plus, over the moon to know there's another half-album already completed. 

Be prolific! Please!!!

I can post a pic, no problem. It'll probably be this weekend though as I'm going to a show tonight. Tomorrow or Saturday. There's a photo or two and a shot of the back of the kitty on the front cover, looking the other way. Good stuff. One thing I noticed was the sleeve where you put the booklet and the cd has the same image inside it as you see on the outside. Sort of hard to explain but inside the sleeve is a photo as well. Took me a bit to figure out what it was.