• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few things in life (for me, at least) are as satisfying as the very first listen to a brand-new Wilco song....and to have it come as a complete, delightful surprise just intensifies the fun! :party

No kidding!!  Honestly, no fuss no fanfare just "here you go - you"re welcome"!!  And I'm enjoying it  a LOT!

After first listen through, favorite tracks:

Random Name Generator

You Satellite 

Where Do I Begin

Magnetized (what a great album ending)

So much more to digest, but i'm not upset about this. At all. And i totally agree about the Loose Fur vibes, both in terms of the guitar tone, and the writing style of these songs. Not a surprise, since i got some Loose Fur vibes from the Tweedy album too

I've only listened once, but this strikes me as their best since Ghost Is Born. Then again, this is exactly the kind of Wilco I like. More stripped down, rockin' without being too dad-rocky, melodic but unconventional. Really, really strong stuff, and a nice surprise!

This is such a great album! When the hell did they find the time to do this? And how could they possibly have kept it such a secret from everyone? Not even any little teaser hints about what was to come. Jesus, I love these guys.

And how could they possibly have kept it such a secret from everyone? Not even any little teaser hints about what was to come. Jesus, I love these guys.

No freaking kidding, how did they get through SS without even road testing a single track? I just found out about this from a friend of mine posting to my Facebook timeline. Still anxiously awaiting the email link. Been a rough couple weeks, and this is just what the doctor ordered!

For the record, I don't think they ever lost it, but I think the narrative behind this record is going to be How Wilco Got Its Groove Back. 

Also, the surprise aspect of the release makes it such a fun event for all the fans to dissect and discuss at the same time. You Satellite is definitely going to kill live. 

So envious of the folks going to Pitchfork about to hear these songs for the first time live

That's meee!!! Hoping that they actually do play them. I'm worried they won't have most of them ready since they've been touring with strictly older material, not like they've been holed up in practice for this stuff.