• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is whether side B of the LP will start with Taste The Ceiling or Pickled Ginger. 

I'd say "Pickled Ginger"pretty much for sure... the instrumental on side one & then 5 songs each (from the ten remaining) for each side.

The CD version really does sound far superior to the digital downloads.  I picked up the CD today and was surprised to hear how much atmosphere comes to life on the superior format.  The difference was noticeable in my car, but quite significant on a good home system.  Can't wait to hear it on vinyl.

I believe tongue-tied's point is, a fadeout ending is a good place to end a side of a record.

Yes. I think linclink is right, but I'm holding onto hope that my trivial preference for Taste The Ceiling to start side B will come true.

At least there's no chance for my pet peeve of a double record of

jeebus- i cannot stop playing this record.

New discoveries with each listen, its a throwback for me: i remember walking into record stores and picking out some fresh vinyl and then taking it to the woodshed, repeated listenings, flipping and fueling on kitchen runs, emerging anew from the weekend with carnal music knowledge.

#thankuwilco

A CD copy coming with the vinyl is a Nonesuch thing. If Anti was including a CD copy with the vinyl it would have been listed along with the download code stuff most likely. I don't see how an extra CD copy would ever be bad unless it was hiking up the price. I would buy more vinyl if they came with CD copies and they were close in price to the standalone CD. Most vinyl is starting to cost 2-3 times as much as the CD counterpart. I would rather have 3 different albums on CD than 1 album on vinyl.

These are weird times for the physical formats of music. The change to a Friday release date also makes it weird for any chain stores who put out Sunday paper ads - Best Buy, Hasting's, Target, etc. I don't live close to any cities big enough to have any cool indie record stores, so my options are these places or ordering online. I like to buy both music and movies, so if a movie is coming out and has some kind of special limited bonus, and an album I wanted came out Friday, I would have to go to the store twice or hope that the limited item was still there on Friday.

I was very surprised that neither Wilco or Dr Dre's albums even got a tiny square of advertising in any of these. Both did the digital first thing though.

vinyl included a copy of the CD when the industry felt like they still "needed too"...now they realize that the Vinyl and Digital Code is fine for most people. If they want a CD they can always buy the CD.

I haven't purchased a CD (for myself) in over a decade.

Wilco Just Released Two New Roadcase shows!!!
#49 (8/11 Redmond WA) features an electric performance of "Star Wars" (minus "EKG"- just like at the Pitchfork Fest) & #50 (8/6 San Francisco, CA) is the all acoustic gig at The Independent, which features 9 songs from "Star Wars" (missing "EKG" & "You Satellite")...so now there will be the studio version, a live electric version (in addition to the great Pitchfork audio files) & close to a full acoustic version too!

• 2 weeks later...

For the folks that haven't pre-ordered Star Wars yet, it appears that Bull Moose has a colored vinyl version up for pre-sale. Says it comes with a download card with "exclusive" live material as well.

Not clear if this is the "white vinyl" that was also for sale/and sold out at Vinyl Me, but it's likely.

It's $19.99 plus $2 media mail shipping.

For the folks that haven't pre-ordered Star Wars yet, it appears that Bull Moose has a colored vinyl version up for pre-sale. Says it comes with a download card with "exclusive" live material as well.

Not clear if this is the "white vinyl" that was also for sale/and sold out at Vinyl Me, but it's likely.

It's $19.99 plus $2 media mail shipping.

Ah that sucks, Bull Moose won't ship to Canada. 

I've actually seen it on Ameoba Records website as well. Not sure if they ship up north.

It appears this "Colored Vinyl Edition" is exclusive to all Indie Record Stores, so contact a store near you and see if they can order one.

There is a limited pressing of 3,000.

I live in a rural area, no local record stores within driving distance, but ordering off Ameoba worked. Thanks for the tip Rhino! 

Did everyone see the Random Name Generator 7" got added to the Kung Fu store?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been answered, but on vinyl does You Satellite close side one? Or Taste The Ceiling? Pickled Ginger works well as side 2 opener.

Being 53 years old, I still visualize all albums as vinyl, with "sides". This closing/opening discussion is very important to me. :)