• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random Name Generator 7" showed up today, plays at 33rpm. The A side sounded really good on vinyl, the fuzziness of the song suits the format well. The vinyl is a little more marbled-looking than it appears in the picture.

iBiMHzl.png

The B-side is the acoustic version of Bull Black Nova from Solid Sound. My Roadcase Series of it sounds great, but it sounded even better on vinyl, hopefully this is a taste of a full vinyl LP release of it.

I'm a very fortunate man to live about 23 minutes away from one of the Bull Moose Records locations. They close at midnight and stay open late for new releases.

It should aslo be noted that if Tweedy plays the Portsmouth Music Hall again, you can walk about 30 steps to their larger Portsmouth location.

PM me if you want me to check for the vinyl. The website is pretty up to date. They rock at special import orders. I got the whole Split Enz collection from them.

Is it possible that this lyric sheet is totally wrong in places? I mean, in More... how can Jeff not be singing "....I'd sooner watch the show.....only ten episodes...." Those two lines are so related, that's what I assumed he was singing, but the lyric sheet indicates something about a sewer, haha. WTF?

Is it possible that this lyric sheet is totally wrong in places? I mean, in More... how can Jeff not be singing "....I'd sooner watch the show.....only ten episodes...." Those two lines are so related, that's what I assumed he was singing, but the lyric sheet indicates something about a sewer, haha. WTF?

Funny that you say that.... early in RNG, there is the line "I ran away, eternal instigator.... I was cold." This line stood out to me from the get-go, but I hear "I was OLD." Every single time.

The exclusive live tracks are from the Pitchfork Festival.

Which ones? All the "Star Wars" tracks?

Such great versions at that show!!! I even prefer them to the Roadcase release from Redmond, WA... so glad to have the video & audio! Love to get the official downloads at some point. Still hoping for an Ithaca Roadcase- the "Star Wars" material was just incredible that night too!!

I haven't even had time to listen yet, but the download lists the material as "Star Wars - Live at the Pitchfork Music Festival".

Edit: The Pitchfork material is the entire show..the Star Wars songs and beyond! Can't wait to have time to re-listen to this! :)

I got the vinyl from Kung Fu as well as the white vinyl album from Bull Moose, and both of those contained a download card, so I think it's all the vinyl.

I haven't bought the vinyl yet but am planning to. Do you have a preference as to which total package you'd recommend?

I went with the CD-LP-T-shirt & print...just seemed like the best deal overall. It's all beautiful!

Sorry, I didn't phrase that well. I've already got the t-shirt, print and CD but now want to buy the vinyl. Do you have a preference for which vinyl version to buy? It seems like the white one would be cool, but does the other version have anything in particular to recommend it?

If I could have only one, I'd go with the white vinyl because it's cool! I believe the two are identical other than color.

Hang on, I'm going to take a look.

Ok, I've just double-checked. All is identical between the 2 vinyl versions, other than the vinyl color. With the Kung Fu package (black vinyl) I also got yet a 3rd progression of the cat picture, on heavy frameable card stock. Fascinating how I keep discovering new creatures in these 3 pictures! (Two of which are the vinyl sleeve.)

I'm not a vinyl guy anymore myself...but... if anyone would be kind enough to share those Pitchfork files with me, PM me here & I'd be most grateful (have quite a few Roadcase shows myself, if you know what I mean... ;) ). The community here is pretty generous (as the band itself is so good about all of these things) & I was glad to share the Pitchfork video & audio files here with everyone...hope that Karma comes back to me here & now!

I'm not a vinyl guy anymore myself...but... if anyone would be kind enough to share those Pitchfork files with me, PM me here & I'd be most grateful (have quite a few Roadcase shows myself, if you know what I mean... ;) ). The community here is pretty generous (as the band itself is so good about all of these things) & I was glad to share the Pitchfork video & audio files here with everyone...hope that Karma comes back to me here & now!

And a nice thanks to the fast & generous response!!! All good!!

I gotta say I'm a little bummed I won't be able to snag the color vinyl of the record, but the one from KungFu sounds really great! 

The print kinda freaks me out a little bit, and I love the shirt. One of my favorite record release pre-order shirts since the Ramones rip off from AGIB.