• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my vinyl. It sounds great. The only thing I loved design wise (other than the thrift-store cat cover) is how when you open the gatefold the big picture of the band looks like they're recording together live at the loft. Further inspection reveals it is an artfully done collage with each of them captured separately. I believe this is a visual metaphor for how the album was made.

has anyone listened to the audio from the live show? How is the quality?

I saw pictures of the white vinyl, it looks really cool. The label blends into the white.

I listened to You Satellite and More from it. It sounds pretty clean. I have the Redmond roadcase downloaded and the quality is pretty close, minus that one guy going "YEA, GO NELS!" after every song like on the Redmond set.

I'm heading out to pick up the White vinyl at Newbury Comics. I was completely off by a day and I missed out at Bull Moose Records. Here's the scoop: they have an extra copy and it's $23.97. Anyone out there interested? PM me. I'll most likely buy the only 2 copies that they have, unless it they sell the one not put aside for me.

I'm heading out to pick up the White vinyl at Newbury Comics. I was completely off by a day and I missed out at Bull Moose Records. Here's the scoop: they have an extra copy and it's $23.97. Anyone out there interested? PM me. I'll most likely buy the only 2 copies that they have, unless it they sell the one not put aside for me.

I got there 20 minutes after calling them and the other copy was sold! Weird.

Does the white vinyl copy have a sticker on the cover telling it's colored vinyl? i have two black copies already one from the Austin Waterloo gig and the other from pre-order. My local indy store has a copy but the clerk didn't know if it was colored or not, his copy didn't have a sticker. 

Nice my white vinyl copy just showed up, on a Sunday (weird). I've always wanted to visit Amoeba, but at least now I can say I've bought from them :thumbup  
The record sounds great (I've never noticed a difference between coloured vs black), looks great, I especially enjoyed the back cover being the barcode. Downloading the P4K Festival now! 

Now that I have the vinyl version, I can listen to this album properly. The stream wasn't doing much for me sound quality-wise, so I only listened to it a couple times before it fell off my radar.  I didn't even know this had been released yet. I went to the record store last Tuesday looking for the new Deerhunter album, which was not out yet, and bought Star Wars instead. This is a really good album.

I'm not a vinyl guy anymore myself...but... if anyone would be kind enough to share those Pitchfork files with me, PM me here & I'd be most grateful (have quite a few Roadcase shows myself, if you know what I mean... ;) ). The community here is pretty generous (as the band itself is so good about all of these things) & I was glad to share the Pitchfork video & audio files here with everyone...hope that Karma comes back to me here & now!

Hit me like a ton of bricks:http://netkups.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to the album for the first time in about a month and was surprised at how ingrained the songs already feel to me among the overall Wilco catalog. For a moment I thought I'd put on one of their other albums. Maybe it's because I listened to it nonstop for so long when they released it, but it was an interesting moment that I pondered the rest of my commute this morning. 

Listened to the album for the first time in about a month and was surprised at how ingrained the songs already feel to me among the overall Wilco catalog. For a moment I thought I'd put on one of their other albums. Maybe it's because I listened to it nonstop for so long when they released it, but it was an interesting moment that I pondered the rest of my commute this morning. 

It's been holding up for me as well. I still probably spin it 3-4 times a week because of how fun, quick, and different it is. I liked TWL and even W(tA), but I don't think I've given a Wilco record this much attention since Summerteeth (which I listened to lastish of their catalog in '10. Some of us had to catch up you know...).