Live Stream Of Wilco @ Pitchfork Fest Playing New Album Start To Finish Fri. 7/17 @ 8:30 CST/ 9:30 EST

It would be far too presumptuous to say that Wilco have gone 'year zero' with the new album and this dry run at pitchfork, but really...did someone say strategy?

20 year retrospective > Winterlude performances > acoustic set > [no absolute indication of new material at SS] > [maybe later in the year] > new album > live run through of album.

Talk about sucking me back in.

Reinvention's an overused term, but I'm struggling to believe this has happened.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a couple in Drop D.

I noted Random Name Generator, Pickled Ginger, and Cold Slope/King of You (gray strat) as having some variant of a low D tuning. Forgot to check on You Satellite.

Was out tonight but now watching the stream on YouTube.  Holy Heck the new songs sound like they have been polished over years on the road.  So Good!  I want to listen to nothing but this for a long time.  The new songs hold together as an entity as well as any album I can think of.  Ecstatic.

im having the same problem with rewind is there a solution other than the dime a dozen DL I don't have a login with them

One thing that was interesting about the Star Wars portion was that Nels almost never touched the jazz master, they really branched out the tones

what was he using?  Please say Darth Maul's dual light saber!?!?  :guitar or was that just used for Secret of the Sea?

Not to be a pooper, but I was kind of disappointed with some of the live versions. I think its because they are new, and the band hasn't really discovered how to play them to their fullest potential live yet. When they started playing the classics, they seemed much more energized.

i can see a few of these (RNG, Satellite, and magnetized) being set staples.

Was anyone else disappointed that they walked out to a recorded version of EKG instead of opening with a live version of it? I kind of envisioned the band walking on stage and just start jamming out...instead they just walked to their instruments and waited for EKG to end.

I wasn't disappointed at all, even though I do agree with you that the band was much more energized during the classics, which were sublime. I wasn't disappointed because it was the first time they'd performed those songs! Give them a chance, they'll grow into them! :).

I wasn't disappointed at all because my head is still spinning over the fact that we all got to hear a ton of great new music all at the same time, so there were no "spoilers" and no built-up expectations based on reading others' opinions and reviews. And then we all got to see the first performance of these new songs, 24 hours later, all at the same time!

Yesterday was one of my most fun Wilco-fan days ever!

I agree with that. I've been a fan of the sudden album release strategy since In Rainbows. I think the old model of announcing an album and then slowly releasing singles doesn't really work as well in the Internet age. In our "on demand" and "binge Watching " culture , we tend to get much more excited when something is unexpected and complete right out of the gate.

I'm kinda surprised more bands/labels don't do this

what was he using? Please say Darth Maul's dual light saber!?!? :guitar or was that just used for Secret of the Sea?

Nels used a gold top les Paul for a lot of tunes, his lap steel for two, and his double cut tele for one or two songs

For those of you having a problem downloading the show from Dime a Dozen:

If you use uTorrent, make sure your version of the program is no later than 2.2.1.

I like the program and have used it for years, but it always asks me install a new version.

McAfee always tries to install an updated version for me as well.

It took me awhile searching thru Dime's Wiki, but I found that any newer version of the program won't work on the site.

The Wiki has a link to the 2.2.1 version.

I used that after first uninstalling the newer version of uTorrent and my problems with Dime vanished.

Hope that helps some folks.

Can you create a new account?

You'd have to rebuild your ratio.

From the Dime website (been getting this since last night)...

"We are very sorry!

At the moment, signup to DIME is closed. Please check back with us in a few days for a re-opening.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

dimeadozen.org"

Well, there's 166 people seeding this right now - which is pretty high for Wilco.

I know I'll be seeding it for quite a while, so if you can get in to it after a few days like they're telling you, you'll still find it.

The file is about 2.5 GB in a MKV format, 1080p.

I'm going to move a copy to a thumb drive and watch this again, but on my big screen tonight. :rock

Well, there's 166 people seeding this right now - which is pretty high for Wilco.

I know I'll be seeding it for quite a while, so if you can get in to it after a few days like they're telling you, you'll still find it.

The file is about 2.5 GB in a MKV format, 1080p.

I'm going to move a copy to a thumb drive and watch this again, but on my big screen tonight. :rock

Right On!!! And ENJOY!!! I'm sure it & I will be crossing paths eventually...just love that to be soonerer than laterer...