16. Impossible Germany

17. Red eyed and Blue >

18. I got you

19. Outtasite

20. Heavy Metal Drummer

21. I'm the man who Loves You

10:00

Band played all of Star Wars, a lot to unpack, will give a full review tomorrow

Watched the stream on YouTube. Loved seeing the album performed live, it gave me a chance to hear more of Jeff's lyrics since his vocals are mixed kind of low on the album (not a complaint, I like the aesthetics of the mix). You Satellite and Where Do I Begin were the highlights for me. I don't expect them to play the whole record at the Greek show but I DO hope to hear a few of Star Wars' choice tracks...

Whose idea was it to play a recording of EKG? Would have loved to see them actually jam out for a minute and a half before More...

I wondering if this was one they couldn't get figured out in time.   In the XRT interview before the show he discussed how they had played every Tweedy song on the road except one (which I believe to be "I'll Sing It")  he said "we couldn't ever really quite get it figured out."   So maybe a similar situation? 

yes!  on glenn's bass drum.  lol

was at the show last night, i thought it was spectacular.  amazing band live.  i signed up for this site because of that show.

Welcome Giovanni!  This forum is fantastic.  I have met some really incredible people in the past few months from just speaking up and introducing myself... so get chatting! :ike   much to talk about as of late!  Glad you got to hear the new album last night. :guitar

Anybody make it to the actual fest - curious if the crowd was receptive to the band and the new record. (I only caught the stream). My wife and I found it humorous when Tweedy wagged his finger at the crowd, with regards to the glow sticks.

Anybody make it to the actual fest - curious if the crowd was receptive to the band and the new record. (I only caught the stream). My wife and I found it humorous when Tweedy wagged his finger at the crowd, with regards to the glow sticks.

I was there. Crowd was luke-warm to the new stuff, but got fired up for "the hits". Which makes sense as it wasn't quite a wilco crowd by any means.

Will say the crowd loved Nels' moments, as well as the noisey parts (Break your heart, via Chicago, etc).

My friends and I were up front on the Autumn Defense side and everyone around us was completely into and blown away by the new songs.

I was there. Crowd was luke-warm to the new stuff, but got fired up for "the hits". Which makes sense as it wasn't quite a wilco crowd by any means.

Will say the crowd loved Nels' moments, as well as the noisey parts (Break your heart, via Chicago, etc).

Couldn't agree more.  I was there with a friend who is a casual Wilco fan and he was not thrilled with the playing of Star Wars front to back.  But then when they broke out Camera....he was like "ok, that was pretty amazing".

Felt like they just wanted to get these songs out of their system in a live setting.  You know like when you buy a present for someone but have to wait months for them to open it...you just want them to get what you picked out for them.

I'd only listened to the new record once before heading to Pitchfork.  Can say like most Wilco stuff seeing/hearing it live really brings out the studio version for me.  I'm not sure I can fully appreciate the songs until I see how they work in the live setting.  There are a number that will be live staples for quite some time going forward.

The other thing that I noticed was that it seemed Nels and Pat were using different/new guitars on the Star Wars tracks. 

I was at the show, in person. Since I was in the record tent I went out and stayed for the whole show, moving slowly toward the rail (which I made by the end of the snow, although to one side). The crowd was NOT your typical Wilco audience.  Most folks could have given a shit frankly.  Even the usual stuff fell on some fairly deaf ears.  But what do you expect really?  I would say that the folks closer to the front cared, but the rest not so much. It was a gutsy move to play the album at the beginning of the set. It sounded great and the show itself was high energy and a real kick in the ass. I had a good time.

One more note - Nels totally burned it up on Impossible Germany.  And the Art of Almost was also fantastic.  I can't tell you how many were totally mystified by drum solo in the middle of ViaChicago.  Clearly those who only heard it on the record and had never been to a real Wilco show were NOT in the know.

LouieB

Drum solo? My dad and his wife wondered why people clapped "when the lights changed" during VC. I said it was for the noise jam.

Well not technically a solo I suppose; It's Glenn's opportunity to beat the shit out of his drums which is kind of a solo (he never really gets one ever.)

Then again solos are not done without any other musicians playing, so yea, it is kind of a solo.  He is the main instrument playing during that part of the song.

LouieB

I only watched it once - but I seem to remember Glen taking an actual solo between two of the Star Wars' tunes -- while they were changing guitars and such. Could be wrong.

Well not technically a solo I suppose; It's Glenn's opportunity to beat the shit out of his drums which is kind of a solo (he never really gets one ever.)

Then again solos are not done without any other musicians playing, so yea, it is kind of a solo.  He is the main instrument playing during that part of the song.

LouieB

LOL, I just meant I don't even notice the drums over the noise jam. . I love Via Chicago, might be my favorite Wilco tune ever, but I can't stand the noise there.  I've gotten more tolerant of it, the last few times though, I just brace myself for it.