Gimme your favorite live show download recommendations

I still have that 6-30-03 show that I talked about. I uploaded Laminated Cat with Jim O'Rourke to sendspace. I won't post the link here or maybe I can. PM me for now or check your PMs. 

Unfortunately, Jeff announces Jim O'Rourke to come out and help them with this song during the Heavy Metal Drummer file. So this begins with "we wrote this."

It also sounds like O'Rourke sticks around for Kicking Television. 

I have downloaded a lot of Wilco & UT video's from Dime. Recently there was a 1995 show posted from the SXSW festival on the site. It sounds like AM had just been released when the show was filmed.  Some of the UT shows I have were dramatically upgraded from what you can get on YouTube - they still might be on Dime. They're "amateur" videos, but crystal clear and it's rather funny to see a tray full of long necks floating across the screen in front of the band.

However my favorite are 3 Austin City Limit shows that were done in support of Summerteeth, AGIB and SBS. They are unedited, uncensored raw footage. One of them even starts with color bars and all start with a member of the ACL staff giving the audience instructions (turn off your cell phones, etc.). The AGIB one is the best - Mikael playing a (baby?) grand piano for most of the show.

However my favorite are 3 Austin City Limit shows that were done in support of Summerteeth, AGIB and SBS. They are unedited, uncensored raw footage. One of them even starts with color bars and all start with a member of the ACL staff giving the audience instructions (turn off your cell phones, etc.). The AGIB one is the best - Mikael playing a (baby?) grand piano for most of the show.

Are they still up on Dime? I've been looking for the 2007 SBS video ever since I heard that a copy of the complete performance was in the wild. I was in the front row at the taping and wouldn't mind seeing it all again.

The AGIB show was also very special. Mr. Cline's solo on Ashes of American Flags is my all-time favorite.

6/8/04 Irving Plaza holds a special place in my heart.

My favorite solo recordings are 3/4 & 3/5/05 (w almost full band for 3/5 encore, which was spectacular.....classic banter as well (if you're in to that kind of thing

6/8/04 Irving Plaza holds a special place in my heart.

My favorite solo recordings are 3/4 & 3/5/05 (w almost full band for 3/5 encore, which was spectacular.....classic banter as well (if you're in to that kind of thing

Fwiw, I think 3/4 and 3/5/05 are still maybe my favorite Jeff solo shows I ever attended. Great memories. And 6/8/04 was one of the most fun band shows, too...Jeff's seersucker suit, the Hummingbird hug, etc.

I just remembered that I have a special live version of Impossible Germany where the solo is in between the verses. It's from Montreal July 10, 2006. It's not on Sooutoftune, but the next show is from Toronto. Not sure how many times they "road tested" it this way or if it was a mistake, but it's pretty cool!

I also loved the lower register for What Light when they started playing that one in 2006. The 2 Chicago shows in November from that year were incredible. The only time that I've seen them in Chicago. Tanglewood Aug 12, 2008 is also worth a listen. The Total Pros joined them for a lot of songs that night and Wilco came out in nudie suits.

Pines Theater July 16, 2006 is one of the few recorded shows that has the never released Let's Fight.

Another personal favorite of mine is the June 26, 2007 show from Brooklyn's Warsaw. I downloaded it back in the day to get Why Would You Wanna Live, but it features a jaw dropping opener with Sunken Treasure. The first encore is extremely interesting too with the quiet Either Way, a fantastic Ashes, and a gorgeous Reservations that you can actually hear people sing along to that slowly fades into one of the best versions of Spiders with some amazing guitar work.

Are they still up on Dime? I've been looking for the 2007 SBS video ever since I heard that a copy of the complete performance was in the wild. I was in the front row at the taping and wouldn't mind seeing it all again.

The AGIB show was also very special. Mr. Cline's solo on Ashes of American Flags is my all-time favorite.

Hi Hixter,

If you want to PM me your address I can send you a copy. It's a data DVD and the shows are in an .avi format.

Hi Hixter,

If you want to PM me your address I can send you a copy. It's a data DVD and the shows are in an .avi format.

That would be great! I have an extra copy of Nels' Stained Radiance DVD and I think I might have a spare signed copy of his CD with Julian Lage, if you'd like them. Thanks!

Has anyone mentioned any of the 2008 Winter Residency shows? I was at night #2 (2/16/08) and it was pretty fantastic. There's a beautiful matrix recording (NYC Taper?) floating around out there. Probably biased because I was there, but it's outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...