Join Jeff Tweedy and Nels Cline for a reddit AMA in /r/Music tomorrow, September 1 at 6pm Central time

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone was on the Reddit music forum last week asking if anyone had contacts with Wilco, in hopes of setting up an AMA with them.  Looks like their wish was granted. In part, at least.

Is this the kind of thing that will be available to read later if I can't be at my computer at the appointed time?  My only question would be whether there's plans for any Northeast (Boston) shows this year.  Actually, it would be less question and more begging.  I guess I would also ask what the legal rights issue is with W(TA), though I doubt they would answer.

Some good stuff. Jeff showed his humorous side a few times and gave genuinely thoughtful and serious answers especially about songwriting process. I also appreciated learning that the reason the don't play EKG live is to avoid switching guitars after opening with such a short song.

I don't know if he's said it before but I enjoyed hearing that Nobody Dies anymore was was written after watching a scientist claiming that the first person to live to 1000 years old was already alive today. Overall some pretty good stuff.

I don't know if he's said it before but I enjoyed hearing that Nobody Dies anymore was was written after watching a scientist claiming that the first person to live to 1000 years old was already alive today. Overall some pretty good stuff.

Yeah, i liked that answer too. :yes

I loved Jeff's answers, both the thoughtful, serious ones and the funny ones. One of my favorite exchanges was when someone asked him how he maintains a personal, intimate connection with his fans now that the fanbase is so much larger. He said:

I only worry about maintaining the personal and intimate connections I have with my family and friends and stay somewhat removed from the notion of fans. More of an abstract thing. Till I meet you then I hope we're just two people.