Wilco store Roadcase shows

I just bought my first download from the band. The Marymoor Park show because I went to it & it was a really great show. Very Nels-centric (thanks Doug). The quality of the recording is outstanding. Anybody have any recommendations of other shows that the band is selling? @ $9 a pop sadly have to be a little picky but want to get some more. Thanks  :guitar

I just bought my first download from the band. The Marymoor Park show because I went to it & it was a really great show. Very Nels-centric (thanks Doug). The quality of the recording is outstanding. Anybody have any recommendations of other shows that the band is selling? @ $9 a pop sadly have to be a little picky but want to get some more. Thanks :guitar

If your finances can swing it, go for one of the multi-night runs. Like last October's Portchester 3 night run. 90 different songs or something like that.

Both of the Tweedy shows (Roadcase #34&35) sound excellent.  So if you enjoyed the Tweedy record and a bit of Jeff solo in the middle, then either show would be a good choice.  If you want to do for sheer diversity then either the Winterlude Chciago bundle or the Port Chester bundle is well worth the money.  I've also been listening to the Solid Sound Wilco full acoustic set (Roadcase #47) a lot recently.  

Both of the Tweedy shows (Roadcase #34&35) sound excellent.  So if you enjoyed the Tweedy record and a bit of Jeff solo in the middle, then either show would be a good choice.  If you want to do for sheer diversity then either the Winterlude Chciago bundle or the Port Chester bundle is well worth the money.  I've also been listening to the Solid Sound Wilco full acoustic set (Roadcase #47) a lot recently.  

Thanks! I've got #47. Pretty cool. I've heard an audience tape of the Notorious Wilco Bros. show & that is pretty good too.

• 1 year later...

Just grabbed the Seattle bundle. It appears the whole emergency bit has been cut out, good call who'd want to listen that again? I need to throw these on my iPod and go for a drive tonight. 

I'm still bummed Roadcast 18 is missing. I have an audience recording but I want to hear the professional recording. Must be a licensing thing with all the covers??

ok..who wants to be the guinea pig and tell me which Schmilco show is worth downloading.

I would think the Seattle show would sound "weird" due to the incident off stage.

I was thinking of going back to the After the Show topics and weeding through to see if there's one standout show from each of the 2 cities. Don't know when I'll have time to do that.

I only went to nights 2 and 3 of Los Angeles, and I'm not sure if the awesomeness of night 2 will translate to tape, but that's the one I'm going for.  Great setlist, an inspired performance and wonderful sound from where we were sitting halfway back on the floor in the center.  Sunken Treasure was sublime, You Are My Face - Reservations - Impossible Germany was a sweet three in a row run of brilliance, Poor Places was an art-rock nugget and I loved hearing John's great vocals on my first Its Just That Simple.  I'll never get tired of hearing via Chicago and Misunderstood when they are played this well and for a tour with no Monday, ending with  I Got You and Outtasite was the rock blast I always crave.  I was also surprised at how good Whole Love and Dawned On Me sounded.  I never really was that impressed with those songs, but now they sound like old friends to me. We also got what I think are the two best live songs from Star Wars in Cold Slope>King Of You and hearing Normal American Kids for the first time made a big impression. 

Normal American Kids^

Via Chicago

If I Ever Was A Child

Cry All Day

Sunken Treasure (acoustic arrangment — Jeff on acoustic guitar, no harmonica; Pat on keyboard)

Pick Up The Change

Someone To Lose

The Joke Explained

You Are My Face

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Happiness

Whole Love

Cold Slope>

King Of You

Poor Places

Locator>

Laminated Cat (aka Not For The Season)

Dawned On Me

We Aren't The World (Safety Girl)

Hummingbird

The Late Greats

--------------------------------

Misunderstood

Hesitating Beauty

It's Just That Simple

California Stars

--------------------------------

Jesus, etc.

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)>

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Went for the LA bundle. Listening to night 3 now. Great stuff, and in my humble opinion Jeff has never sounded better.

Anyone know what the sporadic cheering during Kamera was about? I'm guessing  it has something to do with that changing set background I read about in the reviews...

I had a chance to listen to September 3rd. You can somewhat hear the woman screaming during Company In My Back, the song ends, crowd cheers and it gets faded with the crowd cheering with the band coming back onstage. I felt a little uncomfortable after the incident (I probably should have just got a drink) and got a little annoyed with a group of loud mouths in front of me, so it's nice to be able to properly enjoy this show now  :guitar

I'm definitely biased because I was there and it was the best Wilco show I've seen, but September 2nd might be the best roadcase I've heard. If you're only going to pick up one of the two, that's the one I'd recommend. 

I just picked up the Seattle bundle, having gone to both shows. Haven't listened yet. Both were great shows. I had more fun the first night as I was with my friend. I went solo the 2nd night. The incident was weird & definitely kind of put vibe on the show. I was on the other side of the theater & we didn't know was going on. In this post Bataclan world people around me were very nervous as there was no information for a long time. Glad they put these out.

I had a chance to listen to September 3rd. You can somewhat hear the woman screaming during Company In My Back, the song ends, crowd cheers and it gets faded with the crowd cheering with the band coming back onstage. I felt a little uncomfortable after the incident (I probably should have just got a drink) and got a little annoyed with a group of loud mouths in front of me, so it's nice to be able to properly enjoy this show now  :guitar

I'm definitely biased because I was there and it was the best Wilco show I've seen, but September 2nd might be the best roadcase I've heard. If you're only going to pick up one of the two, that's the one I'd recommend. 

Either Way - War On War - Reservations - Impossible Germany looks really good, as does  Wishful Thinking - Misunderstood - Company In My Back from Sept 2nd.

Was hoping the Vic solo shows would see the light of day, but am very happy to have the two Seattle shows. I plan to give night 1 a proper listen this evening. 

There are two audience sources for each night from this year. Link is after the paragraph, before the responses > Jeff Tweedy > 2016

http://www.owlandbear.com/wilco-archive/#.V_V_AjKZPow

Soooooooooo... If I'm looking at the recent shows correctly... they've done everything off the new album, except- "Just Say Goodbye", "Quarters" & "Shrug & Destroy" (interesting as he did it solo acoustic at Pickathon)- so 9 out of 12? Is that right?

I'd love to pick up some Roadcase shows of the recent material, but... Is there anyone who's sampled the recent wares & has any feedback on which are the best sound-wise/performance-wise? There's two Seattle & 3 from L.A. & "bundle" offers for both. I know they are generally consistently just pretty amazing live, night to night...and that Roadcase shows are generally just really good overall, but... I thought I'd just toss it out there & see what the response was on this. Thanks!!!

Soooooooooo... If I'm looking at the recent shows correctly... they've done everything off the new album, except- "Just Say Goodbye", "Quarters" & "Shrug & Destroy" (interesting as he did it solo acoustic at Pickathon)- so 9 out of 12? Is that right?

They did "Just Say Goodbye" as the final song of the final night at the Fillmore. No Roadcase recording, though.