When concert tickets go on sale so far in advance that you cannot book airfares, train tickets or hotels yet, then something is not quite right.

Still, I am hoping to grab a Brussels, Manchester and London ticket today.

Hoping that the Netherlands and maybe another Germany gets added to the tour also.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester booked.

London booked.

I was put off by the pre-sale for Brussels only offering 'will-call' with tickets being available for collection at doors opening time, which is absolutely useless when you want to wait in line and get on the rail.

The general sale on Friday has 'print at home' so I will wait for that.

Would the general consensus be that more Euro dates are forthcoming? 

There are some big gaps in that schedule (between Brussels and Copenhagen especially) and I would be shocked if the Netherlands and Ireland gets nothing.

There also must be more shows in June/July as they wouldn't come over for one festival.

Glastonbury will surely figure.

Would the general consensus be that more Euro dates are forthcoming? 

There are some big gaps in that schedule (between Brussels and Copenhagen especially) and I would be shocked if the Netherlands and Ireland gets nothing.

There also must be more shows in June/July as they wouldn't come over for one festival.

Glastonbury will surely figure.

Yes - especially since Brussels is first show.  My contacts on the ground there tell me the sale this morning is almost completely gone, so a second show (like they did last time) is highly likely.  I'm hanging out for an Irish show or two too - hopefully two nights at Vicar Street.  Scotland?  nah it's full o' folk just waiting for a rammy...

Yes - especially since Brussels is first show.  My contacts on the ground there tell me the sale this morning is almost completely gone, so a second show (like they did last time) is highly likely.  I'm hanging out for an Irish show or two too - hopefully two nights at Vicar Street.  Scotland?  nah it's full o' folk just waiting for a rammy...

Two nights in Brussels?

That would be ace, especially as I haven't booked flights yet (because it is so bloody far in the future...).

Two nights in Brussels?

That would be ace, especially as I haven't booked flights yet (because it is so bloody far in the future...).

You're wish has been granted - 2nd night in Brussels is now on sale... :banana

Second Brussels show booked. I do love double headers as the chances of deep cuts is always far greater.

Now if they want to add a show or two at the Paradiso in Amsterdam right after these then that will be just swell...

PS my wife is going to go nuts when she finds out.

So I see the gap between Belgium and Denmark is now filled in:

Düsseldorf Oct 29th

Stuttgart Oct 30th

Both all seated venues and both cities that don't really appeal to me too much.

I will hang back for Ireland and/or The Netherlands.

Australia dates for Tweedy:

Meeniyan town hall mar 20

Melbourne recital hall mar 21

Sydney the factory mar 22

Very very confused by Meeniyan. There's not much there, it's a small country town.

Meeniyan is a popular place for Love Police to bring their touring artists. You're right it's a very small town, but with a very passionate community who use the event as a place to catch up with Bob the butcher and Fred the farmer and discuss the local gossip. Basically as a result, shows at Meeniyan always sell out regardless of who's playing. I went to a show there a few years back and it was a fun night, but I've noticed the "city folk" tend to get relegated to tables at the back. Not sure how to secure tickets though, you have to send an email to a hotmail address?!

Also don't forget there's a show in Auckland on March 27.

Meeniyan is a popular place for Love Police to bring their touring artists. You're right it's a very small town, but with a very passionate community who use the event as a place to catch up with Bob the butcher and Fred the farmer and discuss the local gossip. Basically as a result, shows at Meeniyan always sell out regardless of who's playing. I went to a show there a few years back and it was a fun night, but I've noticed the "city folk" tend to get relegated to tables at the back. Not sure how to secure tickets though, you have to send an email to a hotmail address?!

Also don't forget there's a show in Auckland on March 27.

heeheee, i got front row, seat 8 for melbourne :rock

I'm so happy for you guys halfway around the world. I love the format of the TWEEDY band shows and you just know how happy everyone in the band will be on this tour. They'll be grinning from ear to ear, and so will you all.

So excited, just bought my Tweedy tickets for Auckland!

What do you think, any chance Wilco might come down at the same time? They have a gap in their schedule.... And it's been a while...

Can't see it happening unfortunately. The Tweedy tour schedule is very tight with very few days off between first show at Meeniyan and last show in Japan. It doesn't really make sense for Jeff to tour Australia, NZ and Japan then fly back to Australia for a Wilco tour and start again. With Wilco in Europe in November, start hoping for a Wilco 2017 tour down here!