There are certainly more 'outdoor' gigs to come as they would not come to Europe to play just 2 gigs, so Cork has to be a very strong possibility, as does Glastonbury.

Dublin takes me to 5 Wilco gigs in 2016, I am not sure my annual leave (or my wife's patience) will stretch to too many more but Cork would certainly be a nice easy trip, with such good links from Manchester.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like 2016 is kicking off with Jeff solo, along with The Autumn Defense playing the Peter Buck curated Todos Santos Music Festival in Mexico from January 14-16. Having gone to the 2015 festival I can't recommend it highly enough, and will be doing my best to be there again!

http://todossantosmusicfestival.com/ 

I am seriously considering making the trek to this. Can you explain to me the set up? I was confused with the tickets and which ones will give me the best spot. Also how long will Jeff play? Does everyone play together or is it a bunch of short sets?

Thanks!

I am seriously considering making the trek to this. Can you explain to me the set up? I was confused with the tickets and which ones will give me the best spot. Also how long will Jeff play? Does everyone play together or is it a bunch of short sets?

Thanks!

All the reserved tickets are gone, but there weren't many to begin with. All they provide you is a seat in an elevated spot at the back of the venue. The only tickets available now are general admission, available for purchase on the night only, which are what most of the tickets are. Hotel California is a pretty small venue (my guess is 500 people max), so general admission will get you very close to the stage regardless of where you stand. I wouldn't worry about ticket availability despite it being a small venue, if you arrive when doors open you will get in.

I can't answer how long Jeff will play for, but my guess is 1 hour for each of the 3 nights of the first week. The way this years worked was there was a 1 hour set to kick off the night with Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, Steve Wynn, Kevn Kinney, Joseph Arthur and Chuck Prophet all performing short sets (they rotated across the 3 nights, but Peter, Scott and Steve were constants). Night 1 then featured Old 97's, Autumn Defense and Jayhawks each playing 1 hour sets, with the night wrapping up around midnight. Night 2 and 3 featured Jayhawks and Old 97s again, along with another band called La Santa Cecilia closing the night (night 3 ended around 1am). 

I would presume 2016's festival will follow a similar format. They haven't announced the playing schedule yet, but it'll probably follow a similar path where Peter and his crew play a set to start the night, then in no particular order there'll be Frankie, Filthy Friends (Peter Buck and Corin Tucker), Autumn Defense, Jeff and Old 97's. It'll be 3 long nights of music! 

I can't recommend attending highly enough. It's an extremely relaxed festival, with performers easily accessible (tip - the soundcheck is in the afternoon, free to get into, and you can chat to all the performers and get things signed), and guaranteed to generate some great performances. I'd expect Jeff to play some tunes with John and Pat (last year Pat stayed for all 3 nights and played with Jayhawks and Joseph Arthur, while John left after night 1), probably play the song he sang on Peter's new album, and highly likely we'll see some all star jams. It's that kind of loose relaxed festival.

Todos Santos is also an incredibly cool town, full of great restaurants and art galleries. It's probably the best festival I've ever attended. But shhh don't let that get out or it'll get too big!

In summary: get there if you can you won't regret it! Message me if you'd like anymore details

Wilcoworld now lists shows that I don't think we've mentioned on the board:

Northside Festival in Aarhus, Denmark June 17,18 or 19

29 Oct New Fall Fest in Dusseldorf, Germany

30 Oct New Fall Fest in Stuttgart, Germany

10 Nov Le Guess Who Fest in Utrecht, Holland

It will be interesting to see what else pops up in June/July in Europe to fill in the holes.

I thought it may have been but when I log on there I don't have any orders. I took a screenshot of my order number when I placed the order...but it didn't include any info other than seat location and order number. They say the tickets will be mailed within two weeks of the show so I guess I've got some time to sweat it out.

It did turn out to be Crowdsurge. I emailed them and within 30 minutes I had what I was looking for. Getting the ticket was crazy that day but the customer service I got today was beyond expectation. I award them 10 points to Griffindor.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Also, no one's mentioned this yet that I can see but it seems that Wilco will be doing a half-hour acoustic set in Charleston, WV, as headliners on Mountain Stage on Feb. 14. Also on the bill, among other acts, is Gary Louris' new project Au Pair. It seems that tickets went on sale today, but are already sold out.

http://wvpublic.org/post/wilco-appear-mountain-stage-valentines-day

Glenn is drumming on an album of duets featuring Sam Beam (Iron & Wine) and Jesca Hoop. It was recorded in Portland earlier this year and produced by Tucker Martine. Although I doubt either will happen, I'd love to see either (a) Glenn play drums on the supporting tour for that album or (B) Wilco play a show in Philadelphia.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody remember who did the presales back in October? My email client shit the bed and I don't have my ticket info for the Richmond, VA show...

Thanks!

Richmond show?! I trust that's a typo, but .....

Anyone have any intel/guesses on the chances that the Norva show in Norfolk will sell out in advance? It's a Tuesday night in Norfolk in February, but it's also a Wilco club show.

Can't decide if I should pull the trigger on tix, since I'm not sure I can go. I do have great seats for the D.C. show, fortunately.

Richmond show?! I trust that's a typo, but .....

Anyone have any intel/guesses on the chances that the Norva show in Norfolk will sell out in advance? It's a Tuesday night in Norfolk in February, but it's also a Wilco club show.

Can't decide if I should pull the trigger on tix, since I'm not sure I can go. I do have great seats for the D.C. show, fortunately.

I believe the reference to a Richmond show is a mistake, but if anyone finds out differently. ..wow!

As to Norfolk, it's anybody's guess as to a sellout. Norfolk is my hometown and this will be the first show here since 2004, also at the Norva. (That show was one for the ages, IMO--killer setlist and great vibe overall.) But as you say, it is a midweek show in a secondary market, and since it hasn't sold out yet I predict that tickets will be available until about a week before the show.

If anyone on this board wants to save a few bucks in fees, you can PM me here and I will pick up a ticket for you at the box office. Total will be just $42 (face + $2 venue fee.) I could mail to you or you could meet me in line.

I can't say enough great things about the Norva. It's my favorite kind of venue to see a band like Wilco--all GA, standing, sweaty dive bar with good sound.

I believe the reference to a Richmond show is a mistake, but if anyone finds out differently. ..wow!

As to Norfolk, it's anybody's guess as to a sellout. Norfolk is my hometown and this will be the first show here since 2004, also at the Norva. (That show was one for the ages, IMO--killer setlist and great vibe overall.) But as you say, it is a midweek show in a secondary market, and since it hasn't sold out yet I predict that tickets will be available until about a week before the show.

If anyone on this board wants to save a few bucks in fees, you can PM me here and I will pick up a ticket for you at the box office. Total will be just $42 (face + $2 venue fee.) I could mail to you or you could meet me in line.

I can't say enough great things about the Norva. It's my favorite kind of venue to see a band like Wilco--all GA, standing, sweaty dive bar with good sound.

Thanks, you sum up well my attraction to that Norva show -- especially after the seated show in D.C. two nights prior, which will be great in its own way, but different. I’ve only been to a couple of shows at the Norva, but I’ve been to a ton of shows at the 9:30 Club, and from what I recall they’re fairly similar venues.

And re: the “Richmond show,” I agree that it seems to be a inadvertent mistake … though there is that rather convenient hole in the schedule on Mon 2/8 between D.C. and Norfolk! And there is nothing scheduled at either the National, the Altria (still the Mosque to me) or the Carpenter Theatre that night. Hmmmmm.

Oh, and many thanks for the generous offer to snag cheaper tix! That would be more than 20 percent savings. Unfortunately, if I do pull the trigger, I’ll probably just grit my teeth and pay the fees, so that I can have electronic tix that I can dump if needed because of the weather, work, etc.

Among the things I've been wondering about. . . 

--Will they continue to play Star Wars from beginning to end at most of the full theater shows?

--Will they ever play EKG?

--Will they keep an acoustic set in the shows, and if so, where?

--Will they mix in any Sukierae songs?

My guess would be that we won't see big changes from the shows they've done most recently, but Wilco has certainly shown us that they keep their cards close to the vest and enjoy springing surprises on us, so all bets are off. 

Whatever they have in store for us, I'm more than ready for this tour. Very excited!

i hope so.

doubtful

i hope so in the middle

doubtful

Excited for 2016 w/ DC and ATL on the FEB schedule- wish I could grab some CT VA and Port Chester, but ......cannot

Good tidings and multiple blessings to all for 2016- hope to see some of ya on the road!!!

Been thinking about the chances of getting the full Star Wars treatment. Particularly those stops where they are doing 2 shows, like Boston. Feels like they should keep doing it so everyone gets to hear it as a set piece, but I'm seeing 3 consecutive shows so I would be ok not hearing it each show.

Sorry about the Richmond show confusion. I work in IT and support offices at multiple locations in VA and NC. We have offices in Richmond and Roanoke and I mix them up all the time. Hopefully when I travel to Roanoke to see the show I won't mistakenly head to Richmond. If my tickets ever arrive. They're currently lost and the USPS is looking for them. Crowdsurge said not to worry if they don't make it though. They'll hold a spare at will call if needed. Again, sorry for the Richmond / Roanoke thing if I got anyone's hopes up. I'm a dumbass.

got tix for the sheboygan wisconsin show this april 29, 2016....interesting location...anyone else attending?

Sheboygan presale went well. Have tickets and lodging squared away!

"I wanna be your Kingpin

Living in.... Sheboygan!".

I'll be at both Atlanta shows next month and hope to meet any of you who will also be there. I'll probably start another message string as the shows get closer.