I am seeing three shows this week, so I would also prefer they don't do Star Wars in its entirety to open each show.  With 2 nights at the Orpheum, I would be surprised if they do.  We'll find out tonight how they will be handling the set list.  

Mikael posted a photo on Instagram saying they were rehearsing Magnetized.  But that doesn't mean they will do all of Star Wars. We will know soon enough.

Agree about Boston - I'm doing both shows and would prefer a setlist mix up... I do want one of the nights to open with Star Wars in full

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other question to be revealed tonight is will they still be doing an acoustic hootenanny encore set?  I hope so.

see you on Friday and Saturday.

Where you sitting each night?  I'm left orch row RR (last row of the front section) on Friday, Mezz L Orchestra Row C for Saturday.

Or do you have press/photo passes?

^^^^^This answers one of the original questions in this thread (Will they continue to play Star Wars in its entirety to lead off shows? When will they hit the road in '16? Where will they tour as they continue to plug Star Wars? Will another record be released?).

I guess question #3 is likely not fully answered yet. And I really doubt a yes for #4.

Can't wait for Wednesday at the State Theatre!

The other question to be revealed tonight is will they still be doing an acoustic hootenanny encore set?  I hope so.

Where you sitting each night?  I'm left orch row RR (last row of the front section) on Friday, Mezz L Orchestra Row C for Saturday.

Or do you have press/photo passes?

i have a press seat (not sure where it'll be.... last time it was in the last row of the front orchestra, center right, where your seat is) for Friday, and two sweet seats on Saturday (7th row, just a bit right off center aisle).

Can anybody confirm what time they took the stage last night? My ticket buddy isn't out of class until 8pm tomorrow and I want to make sure we aren't going to miss anything. Thanks!

Showtime for Pittsburgh was listed as 7:30 and William Tyler went on right then. Wilco went on right at 8:30. Tonight is listed as an 8 p.m. show., so I'd expect the set times to move accordingly.

Just announced at the Flynn after William Tyler's set. No standing. No dancing. No blocking aisles. Dancing is permitted in the far back of the theater. This should be interesting.

I just trekked 300 miles outta 2 feet of snow for this. Good luck keeping me down!!!

Just announced at the Flynn after William Tyler's set. No standing. No dancing. No blocking aisles. Dancing is permitted in the far back of the theater. This should be interesting.

I just trekked 300 miles outta 2 feet of snow for this. Good luck keeping me down!!!

Wow, we missed that announcement. Given that, it's remarkable they allowed as much standing as they did! I stood until I got "shouted" (more like politely asked) down, but it definitely felt more like a recital than a rock concert at times.

haha I remember going to the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore. Very ritzy place not many rock shows................

They open with Hell is Chrome and the yocals sit down immediately except about 50 percent of folks stood up from the get go. We were all used to seeing them at the 930 club :)  

Some very angry yuppies (or whatever you wanna call em) started yelling at us to sit down. My dear friend is not the kind of person to hold his tongue in any way. So..............Im trying to ignore the whole episode because #1 im so baked out of my gourd that im about to have a heart attack and theres all this negative energy building. palpable. and #2 Hell is Chrome is like one of my top ten songs.

Nels does his thing as usual at the end and its so loud that you cant hear the angry white people...............soon as the song ends they start back at it.............my buddy says "get fukked this is a rock and roll show"

Im about ready for fisticuffs when they launch into Handshake Drugs and the whole place is immediately on their feet from that moment on. The meanies just disappeared into a sea of dancing. I think they even remained seated for a bit and then finally gave in :)

2004-09-28

1. Hell Is Chrome   
2. Handshake Drugs   
3. Muzzle Of Bees   
4. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart   
5. Company In My Back   
6. Hummingbird   
7. A Shot In The Arm   
8. Ashes Of American Flags   
9. Jesus, Etc.   
10. War On War   
11. Via Chicago   
12. Theologians   
13. I'm The Man Who Loves You   
14. Poor Places   
15. At Least That's What You Said   

Set 2:
16. Wishful Thinking   
17. Spiders (Kidsmoke)   

Set 3:
18. The Late Greats   
19. I'm A Wheel   
20. Kingpin   
21. Passenger Side   
22. California Stars   
23. Be Not So Fearful   

I'm thankful that I have a reserved seat at the Atlanta show.  Girlpool is opening and I don't like them.  It'll be nice to miss them and still have a good seat waiting for me.  I'd be way into seeing Bill Frisell or Angel Olsen open, or even William Tyler, who I've been meaning to check out.

haha I remember going to the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore. Very ritzy place not many rock shows................

They open with Hell is Chrome and the yocals sit down immediately except about 50 percent of folks stood up from the get go. We were all used to seeing them at the 930 club :)  

Some very angry yuppies (or whatever you wanna call em) started yelling at us to sit down. My dear friend is not the kind of person to hold his tongue in any way. So..............Im trying to ignore the whole episode because #1 im so baked out of my gourd that im about to have a heart attack and theres all this negative energy building. palpable. and #2 Hell is Chrome is like one of my top ten songs.

Nels does his thing as usual at the end and its so loud that you cant hear the angry white people...............soon as the song ends they start back at it.............my buddy says "get fukked this is a rock and roll show"

Im about ready for fisticuffs when they launch into Handshake Drugs and the whole place is immediately on their feet from that moment on. The meanies just disappeared into a sea of dancing. I think they even remained seated for a bit and then finally gave in :)

Right.  They are doing a series at the Meyerhoff with current bands working with the orchestra.  It was a fine setting for Dawes.  But I'm wondering what it will be like with Dr. Dog.  Interestingly, they aren't assigning seats, it's first come, first served.

Were you able to get a bracelet? I am debating heading up to Portland early but wasn't able to go there earlier this week to get one...

Yes got a bracelet & my bracelet # is 666. I intend to show Jeff.

Yes got a bracelet & my bracelet # is 666. I intend to show Jeff.

And they still had some yesterday. I think the post from Bull Moose was last night. 

Last night, for kicks, I looked up tickets on Ticketmaster for DAR Constitution Hall.  To my surprise, there were 2 together in a box near the stage, on Nels' side.  Great!  So I thought, maybe this would be a good one to take the kids to, if I find 2 more together that are good, we can trade there so we can all sit together or divide and conquer.  I looked on the regular outlets, not willing to pay over price.  Today, I looked on TM again, and the other 2 seats in the same box were available.  Score!

Wow, we missed that announcement. Given that, it's remarkable they allowed as much standing as they did! I stood until I got "shouted" (more like politely asked) down, but it definitely felt more like a recital than a rock concert at times.

Do you think this is a Wilco thing?  Or a venue thing?  

Tonight is GA, so there is no stopping us from standing up.  

Do you think this is a Wilco thing? Or a venue thing?

Tonight is GA, so there is no stopping us from standing up.

Just got off the phone w/ venue

FYI you don't have to print out ticket

Stay green oh yeah Dance & sing ( at the appropriate places