• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I just heard from a Japanese friend who was there that Jim O'Rourke joined the Tweedy band for a couple of Loose Fur songs. I don't have any further information. Oh yeah, and Sue Tweedy posted on Facebook that Sammy was planning to sing Thirteen again, so maybe that happened too. I hope someone who posts here was at the show and will post a full recap in the After the Show thread.

Didn't scroll this whole thread, but wondered if there's any word or speculation on west coast dates in the coming year?

I couldn't say for sure, but I noticed that an Aug. 30 date (incidentally, my birthday) at Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City just got quietly added to the Wilcoworld shows page. So it would seem that Wilco is at least headed back out west to some degree in late August/early September...

There's a certain amount of deja vu, given that some of the exact same venues the band played a year ago (Crossroads in KC, Red Butte Garden) are back on the calendar for 2016.

Looking over their dates, they're hitting Europe hard! Sometimes the same country twice a couple months apart.

I also feel like they're sitting on a big album announcement. I wonder if they'll use the same surprise release strategy as Star Wars.

"Wilco hits the road in full force starting June 1 in Charleston, WV and continues on to Hunter, NY's Mountain Jam and Philly before heading overseas for the first of two full European tours (Euro kickoff June 16 in Bergen, Norway). Then it’s back to the homegrown, that is, the US midwest, for shows in Kansas City, St. Louis, Madison, Minneapolis and Chicago. A west coast tour looms for September and there’ll be more surprises announced soon."

Great email!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking over their dates, they're hitting Europe hard! Sometimes the same country twice a couple months apart.

I also feel like they're sitting on a big album announcement. I wonder if they'll use the same surprise release strategy as Star Wars.

Maybe they'll debut the new album in KC, as we were the last city they held out on before Star Wars :P

So Wilco posted a pic on Twitter for May the Fourth (Star Wars) made by VC's own Mariana Neri: link

Curious to know if permission from Disney was needed.  Nels looks pretty funny and the cat was a nice touch.

I hope George Lucas doesn't sue me for this ;P I posted at Wilco's page timeline with the Is Wilco Coming to Brazil? page and they posted with MY NAME. How do they know? :P

Oops! hahaha

• 3 weeks later...