• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially made the decision to go to both Seattle shows, since it's only an extra 2 hours to my 8 hour drive to Vancouver. Looks like I missed out on the presale though, oh well I can't see the general sale selling out that fast.

I've never seen Wilco two nights in a row, I'm so excited! 

How did everyone do in the general onsales?  My wife and I managed to get all 3 nights in LA - 1 night in presale and the other 2 today in general onsale.  Super excited for these shows.

There was a 5-day ticket option for the Fillmore, which saved me a lot of time and stress. We actually ended up with an extra. So glad it's done!

Got that presale password too late yesterday to get any tickets for Thurs in LA, but I got a pair in the balcony off to the side in the general onsale this AM.

So we are going to Wed and Thur, got decent center floor seats 13 rows back for Wed from the Wilco presale.

Looking forward to hitting Cole's French Dip and The Varnish again!

kidsmoke, are you in?  Is your son coming again?

Like knotgreen, I still want to know if they are gonna do Star Wars every night in LA and SF.  I sure hope they don't, but they did it at all the two-night stands earlier this year and last year, I think.  Not knowing that Is what kept us for going for all three LA shows.  If they do Star Wars every night I definitely do not want to hear it three nights in a row.  Two nights in a row is pushing it, but I could deal with that if I had to.

Like knotgreen, I still want to know if they are gonna do Star Wars every night in LA and SF.  I sure hope they don't, but they did it at all the two-night stands earlier this year and last year, I think.  Not knowing that Is what kept us for going for all three LA shows.  If they do Star Wars every night I definitely do not want to hear it three nights in a row.  Two nights in a row is pushing it, but I could deal with that if I had to.

Did not think that Star Wars every night was something that would happen at SF... especially since they sold 5-day tickets... I assumed it would be along the lines of the Riviera residencies...

Did not think that Star Wars every night was something that would happen at SF... especially since they sold 5-day tickets... I assumed it would be along the lines of the Riviera residencies...

I hope you are right and that it is also true for the LA run.

This west coast swing is impressive and fan friendly. They could have easily done 1 big show in these cities (like they are doing in Chicago and Minny), but instead they are sticking around for weeks to give the fans (relatively) small and intimate shows. 

You can't really even compare the Riviera residencies of '08 and '14 to this 5 night Filmore run because The Filmore is a landmark theater kept in pristine shape whereas the Riviera is a dump that isn't maintained. The Riv also seats 2500 vs the Filmore's 1150 so the Filmore is really way > The Riviera run

This west coast swing is impressive and fan friendly. They could have easily done 1 big show in these cities (like they are doing in Chicago and Minny), but instead they are sticking around for weeks to give the fans (relatively) small and intimate shows. 

You can't really even compare the Riviera residencies of '08 and '14 to this 5 night Filmore run because The Filmore is a landmark theater kept in pristine shape whereas the Riviera is a dump that isn't maintained. The Riv also seats 2500 vs the Filmore's 1150 so the Filmore is really way > The Riviera run

It will be a great run no doubt. I will take 5 nights of Wilco in the same venue, ANY VENUE, any time. The Riv may be a dump, but there will always be something special to this New Yorker about seeing Wilco in Chicago. 

I did not know the Riviera was a dump.  I don't live in SF anymore, but I was spoiled by having the Fillmore.  It is a fantastic venue and the way it is run makes the concert experience there a cut above for sure.  Its like being in Amsterdam or something, like as long as you are cool, you are safe from the laws of the outside world.  You don't see any security unless there is a mess to clean up.  You do get the guy at the top of the stairs giving away apples saying "Welcome to the Fillmore"  as has been the tradition going back to the 60s and they give away free posters at the bottom of the stairs at the end of the show until they run out of a few hundred or so.  Enjoy the run!

In for September 2nd and 3rd in Seattle. I got decent seats both nights but probably not the ones I would have wanted, but I don't know how in demand Wilco would be in a venue like that so I took what I could get. 

If anyone has some advice for the city, it'll be my first time in the US, let me know! 

HEY WILCO!!! How about a residency in the NYC area?
Like The Allman Brothers & now Tedeschi-Trucks Band does at The Beacon... or wherever... just give us east coasters a shot at a 5 night run sometime!!!

I did not know the Riviera was a dump.  I don't live in SF anymore, but I was spoiled by having the Fillmore.  It is a fantastic venue and the way it is run makes the concert experience there a cut above for sure.  Its like being in Amsterdam or something, like as long as you are cool, you are safe from the laws of the outside world.  You don't see any security unless there is a mess to clean up.  You do get the guy at the top of the stairs giving away apples saying "Welcome to the Fillmore"  as has been the tradition going back to the 60s and they give away free posters at the bottom of the stairs at the end of the show until they run out of a few hundred or so.  Enjoy the run!

The Fillmore is such a great venue and I'm so grateful that they're playing so many night there! It's my favorite place to see a show. And I agree that the way it is run makes the experience that much better. Currently, the "Welcome to the Fillmore" person is a woman wearing a top hat. I've walked by her at great speed on many occasions. The apples are in a copper bucket at the top of the stairs rather than being handed out. And there are still free posters at most shows.

HEY WILCO!!! How about a residency in the NYC area?

Like The Allman Brothers & now Tedeschi-Trucks Band does at The Beacon... or wherever... just give us east coasters a shot at a 5 night run sometime!!!

Didn't they just play 4 shows in the NYC area in late Jan and early Feb? They haven't played a full show in SF except for an acoustic show at The Independent since 2012.

Well, I'm in for the last 3 nights of the Fillmore run and I am beyond thrilled.

But I just have to comment about the Riviera being a dump. Maybe it's not a first-rate venue like the Fillmore, but seeing a 6-night residency in Wilco's hometown was about as close to heaven as I can imagine. My memories of that Winterlude run are not even slightly diminished by a funky old theater. Besides, when you're on the rail it's all perfect!