Is hell freezing over?

Just saw a Facebook post where it mentions that HD are starting their first official web site and Greg Norton says that the three of them are talking.

I doubt anything comes of this, but if they did reunite...holy shite.

Apparently the Minneapolis Star has more details. Sorry I don't know how to link on my phone otherwise I would.

My take on the article was that Greg was saying that they are talking about issues related to licensing and merchandising not that they are talking about playing again. 

I suppose anything could happen but having read Bob's autobiography recently, I would be very surprised if they reunited. 

My take on the article was that Greg was saying that they are talking about issues related to licensing and merchandising not that they are talking about playing again. 

I suppose anything could happen but having read Bob's autobiography recently, I would be very surprised if they reunited. 

on point. i immediately thought it was in regards to a reissue program. 

Greg Norton on facebook earlier today:

Whoa, slow down everybody. We're just trying to sell a few t-shirts. 
There is no reunion in the works. I'd like to thank everyone who shared theChris Riemenschneider piece, some of the headlines were a little misleading. 
I would like to encourage everyone to check out the web store, Grant Hart (as always) has done a great job with the shirt designs, look for new designs soon. 
I'd also like to wish Bob Mould a happy birthday.

• 1 year later...

Apparently there is a box set called Savage Young Du coming out in November. 69 songs over three discs/four lp's. It is apparently streaming at NPR. Supposed to be early unreleased stuff.  

http://www.numerogroup.com/products/hsker-d-savage-young-d  

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/05/547854997/first-listen-husker-du-savage-young-du

Just placed my order ...

EDIT:

Good article in Rolling Stone with comments from Greg Norton:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-husker-dus-early-years-box-set-treasure-trove-w500647

I can't wait to get my hands on this. It will be so nice to replace the nth generation copies of so much of this material that I have had for years. Just getting a chance after a crazy week to listen to the stream on NPR. The evolution of this band is still something to behold and what it led to is, for my money, some of the best music ever put on tape.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely forgot that I ordered the Savage Young adult set and was pleasantly surprised when I found it st my doorstep today. On first sight it is nicely done.

Edit: I got the CD version...so far the packaging is really nice, the booklet is really good.  One of the better box set books I've seen.  The CD's are held in sleeves with the Husker Du symbol cut out.  All in all very nice. The bonus seven inch is on colored vinyl.  Have not listened to any of it yet.

The in-laws were over.  Maybe tomorrow.  :guitar  :guitar  :guitar  :rock  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Don't know why it took me all of these years to listen to this podcast but it's great.  Wasn't expecting to have all three members participate.

And I knew this but I had forgotten how prolific they were.  In 2 1/2 years (July 84 through January 87) they put out five albums including two double albums.